TOO MUCH CARDIO!

ElleFoxx

ElleFoxx

Awards
Hello Ladies! Im a Nationally Ranked bikini competitor and personal trainer! Ive put my body thru EVERYTHING (diet/training) -wise ; that you can think of! And if you are on the treadmill more then 1 hour a day and still arent losing weight or leaning down, you need to fix your diet, NOT do MORE cardio!--I have had SEVERAL trainers that have had me on 2 to-- NO JOKEl; 3 HOURS of RUNNING! It has lead me to severe injury and metobolic damage.... Once your body begins to expect 2-3 hours a day of cardio, anything less wont do anything for you -- the 2-3 hours will make you EXHAUSTED and generally your body will adapt, even if it is interval/sprint style and you will plateau...where do you go from there? 4-5 hours of cardio? NO! I am very sad to see trainers still destroying competitors like myself, which I fell victim to, by these long cardio sessions. The best way to continue to lean down when you see your body not responding to an hour of cardio is to alter your diet, AND/OR take a week or TWO off cardio completely-- YUP believe it or not, it will respark your metabolism to respond to the cardio again. Dont become a slave to the treadmill, there are other ways to lean down and burn that fat =)

ELLE FOXX DELALLO
SNS SPONSORED ATHLETE

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Good stuff. I believe more women should steer away from the treadmills and start picking up weights. :)

fightbackhxc

fightbackhxc

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish i could get myself to do just half an hour of cardio....

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wish i could get myself to do just half an hour of cardio....
Agreed lol! I knocked back about an hour and twenty min of running today!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
OP is bigger than Caesar

wat

subbed :cool:

fireballnurse

fireballnurse

Awards
In my experience cardio is important but more for endurance and cardiovascular health generally I have ha the beat results with lifting and cardio together twenty minutes on lifting days which is 2 days then my off day is a half hour with abs and the continue my rotation add a bit of speed roping each day just because I'm determined to be able to do double unders and yea seems pretty effective

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Hello Ladies! Im a Nationally Ranked bikini competitor and personal trainer! Ive put my body thru EVERYTHING (diet/training) -wise ; that you can think of! And if you are on the treadmill more then 1 hour a day and still arent losing weight or leaning down, you need to fix your diet, NOT do MORE cardio!--I have had SEVERAL trainers that have had me on 2 to-- NO JOKEl; 3 HOURS of RUNNING! It has lead me to severe injury and metobolic damage.... Once your body begins to expect 2-3 hours a day of cardio, anything less wont do anything for you -- the 2-3 hours will make you EXHAUSTED and generally your body will adapt, even if it is interval/sprint style and you will plateau...where do you go from there? 4-5 hours of cardio? NO! I am very sad to see trainers still destroying competitors like myself, which I fell victim to, by these long cardio sessions. The best way to continue to lean down when you see your body not responding to an hour of cardio is to alter your diet, AND/OR take a week or TWO off cardio completely-- YUP believe it or not, it will respark your metabolism to respond to the cardio again. Dont become a slave to the treadmill, there are other ways to lean down and burn that fat =)

ELLE FOXX DELALLO
SNS SPONSORED ATHLETE

Hey Elle!!!
Beautiful Elle! Vanessa here, I am also a nationally ranked competitor and have seen you at shows in the past. Love the blonde hair on you. Anyhow, This year I competed in four shows! Two out of state qualifier shows and two national shows. Not to mention in the split of those, I decided to try my luck in another division which I had to re-qualify for nationals in order to compete there, but it was very demanding on my body and mixed in with a lot going on in my personal life, I knew I'd be regretting the hardship once my season was over. The first coach I had this year helped me get to Team U and had me on a super low caloric intake diet and three one hour sessions split up a day. I lost about 14 pounds in the two weeks, but was so freaking tired! I was only working from home until the fall when I took up another full time job and beginning to prep from physique crossing over to bodybuilding. Although I was doing maximum of about 30-45 minutes of cardio a day, I was lifting a lot more rigorously and was hungry more because I was on my feet working in a busy kitchen (im a chef) for 9-10 shifts and then from there to the gym, and home again just so totally pooped I could barely finish cardio! I eventually had to make a sacrifice...unfortunately in life we sometimes choose our passions over our priorities, and for the very reason of our high potential to turn pro at that next show!!!
I finished 8th place at Nationals, which out of the three national shows I've ever competed in was my best placing. Although I was proud of myself, I also hated myself for pushing it sooo hard, too hard this year and over stressing my body and consequently my heart too! I ended up in the hospital with pericarditis and metabolic damage due to stress and overexertion, they put me on medication that caused me to gain weight at a point where I was already back to my off season weight! ugh! Miserable and all sorts of yucky feeling I took a lot of time off, but with my body type I have to exercise or I will just get fat....so I did! Get fat that is! ugh! JUst started back exercising this last two weeks and although the weight is slowly coming off, it's been hard to get back on my diet because I fear going too extreme with it and not needing to. I plan on competing later in the year next year so I will have plenty of time to heal and get back in the swing of things once my life settles. But I sure did learn a lot this year!!!
It's really sad to see so many competitors not bounce back from metabolic damage, and even women who are competitors struggling with their weight because they are uneducated on the straight facts! Hopefully reading my story will help others.

Reactions: mw1
mattrag

mattrag

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

ELLE FOXX DELALLO
SNS SPONSORED ATHLETE
Thanks for sharing!
Trying to get my wife to start eating more protein but it's nearly impossible seeing she won't drink protein shakes or eat meat more than twice a day.... Dang media brain washing.

Reynold

Awards
It depends on you how much time you spent the time at cardio.This game have many benefit and do car at regular basis and get healthy benefit.

rawnie_k

rawnie_k

Awards
How much cardio should someone do if they are trying to tone up and lose that layer of body fat to show off their hard earned muscle without breaking down the muscle?

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
How much cardio should someone do if they are trying to tone up and lose that layer of body fat to show off their hard earned muscle without breaking down the muscle?
It's best to find the right combination of diet and cardio together. My clients and myself included have seen benefits from a fasted steady state session in the am and a mid day interval session paired with weight training in the evening.

missesmonique

missesmonique

Awards
Great information!!! Recently I've experienced a plateau with my running. I was doing 5 miles a day at the park near my house but lately I've felt like I'm just going through the motions and its no longer helping me lose anything. I've switched things up and gone back to the gym for my cardio. I'm trying a circuit to see how my body responds, here's what I'm planning my split to be. I do all of my cardio in the AM, fasted.

Monday - AM spin class PM weights (upper body)
Tuesday - AM 15 mins each on the elliptical, stairs, and walking on incline PM weights (lower body)
Wednesday - AM spin class PM weights (upper body)
Thursday - AM 15 mins each on the elliptical, stairs, and walking on incline PM weights (lower body)
Friday - AM Hike
Saturday - AM full body workout with lifting/ sprints/ plyometrics
Sunday - OFF

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Great information!!! Recently I've experienced a plateau with my running. I was doing 5 miles a day at the park near my house but lately I've felt like I'm just going through the motions and its no longer helping me lose anything. I've switched things up and gone back to the gym for my cardio. I'm trying a circuit to see how my body responds, here's what I'm planning my split to be. I do all of my cardio in the AM, fasted.

Monday - AM spin class PM weights (upper body)
Tuesday - AM 15 mins each on the elliptical, stairs, and walking on incline PM weights (lower body)
Wednesday - AM spin class PM weights (upper body)
Thursday - AM 15 mins each on the elliptical, stairs, and walking on incline PM weights (lower body)
Friday - AM Hike
Saturday - AM full body workout with lifting/ sprints/ plyometrics
Sunday - OFF
Sounds fun to add something new to the mix! Love spinning! It totally jolted my love for cardio (very little) back a bit while prepping for Team Universe last year! My only fear of you doing your cardio in the AM fasted is the intensity of your cardio. I don't know how you SPIN, but I like a nice rigorous workout. Do you try to maintain your intensity at a state that is less catabolic? I would think the spinning class is a little too intense to do fasted.

missesmonique

missesmonique

Awards
Sounds fun to add something new to the mix! Love spinning! It totally jolted my love for cardio (very little) back a bit while prepping for Team Universe last year! My only fear of you doing your cardio in the AM fasted is the intensity of your cardio. I don't know how you SPIN, but I like a nice rigorous workout. Do you try to maintain your intensity at a state that is less catabolic? I would think the spinning class is a little too intense to do fasted.
I drink an endurance supplement during class if I feel fatigue but I'm usually ok. Its not that bad though I actually have enough energy to do the class and then I usually go home and have a nice breakfast after lol. I'm more of a morning cardio person anyway though. I'm always more tired in the evening to do extended cardio so thats when I do my lifting. I also get queezy very easily if I eat before working out, something I discovered back in my track days. I used to get really bad cramps in my stomach, so I either need to eat hours before intense cardio or right after.

Suga Monsta

Suga Monsta

Awards
LOVE the info! Spin is so much fun - with the right instructor. Is it helpful or harmful to do cardio after weights? I seem to have steady body fat loss when I lift weights and then run 2-3 miles. I feel like I'm actually burning fat by the time I get to the running.