Competing after tummy tuck

amyfigs

amyfigs

Awards
Hello!
In ten weeks I'm having a tummy tuck & an repair. I've done 6 figure shows, best placing was a third in masters. I'm proud if my journey so far. But a collapsing belly button, hole in the abs, and taping skin is old news. Anyone been through this? :)

JD261985

Banned
Awards
Collapsing belly button? Hole in the abs? Please explain

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
amyfigs

amyfigs

Awards
Hole/weakened abs behind & protrusion above navel.
Had 3 hernias repaired in 2010 but the loose skin from babies Is annoying :)
So that's what's goin on :)

amyfigs

amyfigs

Awards
Skin makes belly button look like its collapsing. Weakened an wall above navel & hernia protruding above navel
I'll find a pic

amyfigs

amyfigs

Awards
See no bueno

Just wondering if any other figure girls hv had this issue & fixed it & bounced back etc

Attachments

JD261985

Banned
Awards
See no bueno

Just wondering if any other figure girls hv had this issue & fixed it & bounced back etc
Did having kids cause this or something else? Honestly its barely noticeable you seem to be in top notch condition but since youre competing I guess this could be a problem. Hope everything works out. Peace

amyfigs

amyfigs

Awards

Guess the kids weakened my ab wall. Some women it does, some it doesn't. Competing or not, I just work hard & want to feel confident in a bathing suit. Just wondered!
Hope some ladies can relate & chime in ;)

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
I had a tuck in January and competed in October fitter my first figure show. I was 225 and lost about 80 pounds. I had a sack of skin hanging from my lower abdomen. They removed almost 2 pounds of skin and tightened my abs...meaning that they pulled them in by 3 inches and sewed them together. I have a scar running hip bone top hip bone but it was so worth it for me. The scar is my badge of honor.a reminder of how far I have come.

JD261985

Banned
Awards

Guess the kids weakened my ab wall. Some women it does, some it doesn't. Competing or not, I just work hard & want to feel confident in a bathing suit. Just wondered!
Hope some ladies can relate & chime in ;)
Amy come on now. You should always feel confident in a bathing suit. You dont have to look perfect. No one does

amyfigs

amyfigs

Awards
Thanks JD you're right, I know what you're saying. :) but this is something I've been wanting to take care of
Doc! Wow good to know I won't be the only one competing after this! Thank you!
I'd love to talk to you about it!

DocBrown

DocBrown

Awards
Thanks JD you're right, I know what you're saying. :) but this is something I've been wanting to take care of
Doc! Wow good to know I won't be the only one competing after this! Thank you!
I'd love to talk to you about it!
Yeah anytime! :)

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Hello!
In ten weeks I'm having a tummy tuck & an repair. I've done 6 figure shows, best placing was a third in masters. I'm proud if my journey so far. But a collapsing belly button, hole in the abs, and taping skin is old news. Anyone been through this? :)
Actually, yes. I have. I was also very tiny like you when I had mine done. I was a model prior to my career as a competitor and didn't really have to bare midriff so it never became something I looked at as a hindrance. After being athletic my whole life and then two cesareans and resulting in two births...my last was twins, my abdominals just weren't the same! I even began having digestive issues because my abdominal weren't holding in my intestines properly. Im very much self conscious about my post op scaring though because I scar easy with my yellow skin, but I chose to have the operation to repair the gap between my abs and hiatal hernia and a belly button repair as well. It was hard to make the decision because it meant giving up my awesomely earned and dedicated eight pack I had since childhood, but the gappping abyss was unsightly at times and I couldn't deal with the digestive issues much longer. I still have residual nerve damage from the mesh that was used to repair my hernia, and my abs aren't back to the way they looked before yet, but it's been three years since my surgery now and I am feeling better and beginning to make progress in my abdominal to get their mass back.

The Rockette

Awards
Hello!
Sorry for bumping an old thread... Just curious if you ever got your TT?
Going to schedule mine for July or September. Exciting but SCARY as hell

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Me too! Haven't heard from the missy! Hope all went well!

susanb

Awards
I am having one next month.

How did your TT go? How is the scar? Worth it?

TracyP

TracyP

Awards
So, I have not yet competed (first competition is in April ... and I'm on the fence whether I should focus on figure or physique) and I am wondering if there is any scoring impact to having loose skin? I am 45, have had 4 kids and am currently at 13.4% BF- but I'm worried there's not much I will be able to do about the loose skin on my abs and back of my thighs. I saw "taping" mentioned - are there tricks to disguising loose skin for competition other than a good spray tan?

The Rockette

Awards
So, I have not yet competed (first competition is in April ... and I'm on the fence whether I should focus on figure or physique) and I am wondering if there is any scoring impact to having loose skin? I am 45, have had 4 kids and am currently at 13.4% BF- but I'm worried there's not much I will be able to do about the loose skin on my abs and back of my thighs. I saw "taping" mentioned - are there tricks to disguising loose skin for competition other than a good spray tan?
I don't compete so I can't help you with the disgusting techniques but I have had a tummy tuck. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I highly recommend "CJ's elite , competition wear"... A good suit makes a big difference :)

The Rockette

Awards
I don't compete so I can't help you with the disgusting techniques but I have had a tummy tuck. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions
Omg I just realized I typed disgusting. Sorry meant disguising!!!

TracyP

TracyP

Awards
No worries. :) I figured autocorrect had changed disguising to disgusting.