staple supplements

GIJane1928

Awards
hey everyone. was curious about your staple supplements that you use. im considering adding/dropping from mine. thanks!

multi vit
fish oil
l carnitine
calcium/mag/vit d
green tea extract
glucosamine

ThunderHumper

Banned
Awards
fish oil
orange triad
green tea

i get my protein from food, i only use my shakes when i dont have time to make a meal. and i mix all sorts of **** with it

PROness

Awards
If you want to perform better add creatine into the mix.

Also nitric oxide never hurt but honestly it's no better than caffeine or ephedrine.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
^^ depends on what you mean by "perform better".. Creatine also makes you retain water, which may hinder performance and offset any advantage of taking it in the first place.

PROness

Awards
^^ depends on what you mean by "perform better".. Creatine also makes you retain water, which may hinder performance and offset any advantage of taking it in the first place.
Added water weight hinders performance? News to me.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
If you want to perform better add creatine into the mix.

Also nitric oxide never hurt but honestly it's no better than caffeine or ephedrine.
ehhhhh.....id take agmatine and bulk cit mal any day, and i wouldnt include ephedrine as a staple

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
ehhhhh.....water retention is blown way outa context. never ever had a problem with it and have used for over a decade. also water retetion hindering performance is far fetched

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Vit E-400iu- 1 a day
Multi Vit- 1 a day
Vit C- 500mg - 3-4 times per day
b-12- 100mcg- 1 a day
Calcium -1200mg- 1 per day
Fish Oil-2000mg- 2 per day
Chromium Picolinate-100 mcg 3 x a day for each meal
Fiber Pills- 2-5 per day to stay full
Sometimes I will add Flax Seed Oil in to the mix.

Creatine makes me sick to my stomach but as a female I don't think I really need it.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Added water weight hinders performance? News to me.
Hence why I added depends on what you wanted to perform better in. There are many situations where added water weight can hinder performance; gymnastics, boxing (making weight), wrestling, MMA, etc.

Consider the sporting scope to much broader than bodybuilding and powerlifting.

Perhaps not entirely relevant, but still worth considering before adding creatine to the list of staples.

Also PROness said it as a general response, as if creatine aids everything; it only has a real impact in sports where maximal intensity is required i.e. sprinting, lifting etc., not in aerobic endurance events. Just clearing that up ;)