how to restore metabolism from undereatin and exerciseing

florida2001

Awards
I have already posted here , but my issue with weight seems never ending. Im able to put up muscle( Im kind of thicker), but im holding fat on it and still gaining. I have been keeping track on how many cal i eat. I eat between 1000-1100 cal a day. Female 5'6" 128lb. I use to eat even less. my food consists of chicken, egg whites, good low glyc carbs, coconut oil- 1 teaspoon, veggies,no junk at all no soda. Exercise 5-6 days. weights and cardio. (3-4 days weights, 4-5 days cardio) why i cant lose fat, why i keep gaining weight instead of losing? what else i shuld do. my friends dont exercise and look more toned than I do. so flustruating.

How to restore metabolism and how long does it aproxim takes to start see result? Im so afraid of gaining more.

sawa3

sawa3

Awards
I have already posted here , but my issue with weight seems never ending. Im able to put up muscle( Im kind of thicker), but im holding fat on it and still gaining. I have been keeping track on how many cal i eat. I eat between 1000-1100 cal a day. Female 5'6" 128lb. I use to eat even less. my food consists of chicken, egg whites, good low glyc carbs, coconut oil- 1 teaspoon, veggies,no junk at all no soda. Exercise 5-6 days. weights and cardio. (3-4 days weights, 4-5 days cardio) why i cant lose fat, why i keep gaining weight instead of losing? what else i shuld do. my friends dont exercise and look more toned than I do. so flustruating.

How to restore metabolism and how long does it aproxim takes to start see result? Im so afraid of gaining more.
I hope you aren't serious. I am 5'8" and in high school was 125. I was a rail. I got fat (245) and am now back to the 150-155 range. I am the same size I was in high school but have more curves. I love it.
You aren't eating enough at all. Your body is never going to have enough fuel to build muscle at those amounts. If you are that size, eat more. If you think you are fat at that size, you aren't. I'd seek help from a counselor. Good luck :)

bellandj

Awards
Eat more food, your body is probably in starvation mode with only that many calories. Also, 125 lbs at your height is pretty damn light. Put on some more muscle and you'll look more "tone"

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards

Sweety, simply put, you aren't eating enough! Considering your frame, you are taking in barely enough to function if you were to not exercise or train at all! Once you add those factors into the equation, you MUST adjust your caloric intake! you can still lose with a 500 calorie deficit, but your body will continue to hold onto fat so long as you don't feed it! Starvation mode...and yes, it does wreck havoc on your metabolism.

Anesthetist

Awards
Definitely listen to the above posters, you need to EAT! As far as restoring your metabolism, try adding 100 calories per week so your body can slowly adjust to the upped calorie intake. And keep adding until you've reached your maintenance which could be somewhere between 1800-2200. I'm just guessing based on your given stats, but figuring out your maintenance is based on your age, height, weight, how active you are, etc. And I suggest eating at maintenance for at least two weeks (preferably a month) to give your body a break from dieting. You might experience bloating and sudden weight gain, but that's normal when you up your intake. It's just water weight. Once your weight has stabilized from being on maintenance for a while, you can resume cutting.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards
Florida2001, Any updates? Has your body readjusted to the higher caloric intake? Assuming you listened to our advice. How is your training? Results?

florida2001

Awards
thank you for reply, so far no luck. I forgot to mention im on synthroid and cytomel 12.5mcg, also metformin 1000. Its so hard exercise every day and not to see result. Im not starving, I do not count calories exactly, but I eat for ex. in am 3-4 egg whites,ww bread, 1/2 apple 2. meal 1/2 ww bread low carb +turkey breast,tomatoe 3.meal salad, chicken, chickpeas, balsamic vinigr, 4.meal - 1 tb peanut butter 5.meal - salad-chicken, beans, tomatoe, chickpeas, 5 cashew
before bed if im hungry 2 bites of grilled chicken
what do you think ?