Hamstring Issues

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
So my sister is a really good soccer player in her second year of college at a D1 school. She is a starter on the team and keeps injuring her quad. So my question is what can she do to heal it? obviously ice and heat but what else?

I don't know what type of Anabolic's she can take or if she can even take that at all. I don't know much about what Women can take. I'm not sure if they even test for something like that at her level. Any ideas would be helpful.

U

uvawahoowa

Awards
So my sister is a really good soccer player in her second year of college at a D1 school. She is a starter on the team and keeps injuring her quad. So my question is what can she do to heal it? obviously ice and heat but what else?

I don't know what type of Anabolic's she can take or if she can even take that at all. I don't know much about what Women can take. I'm not sure if they even test for something like that at her level. Any ideas would be helpful.
Yes they test at the d1 level. Anabolics won't help her heal any faster.

Possibly try some Cissus, though its more.for joints than anything else. The best cure is honestly prevention. Increase stretching and foam rolling, and make sure.she.is. lifting properly through a full range of motion. Also, make sure she is doing both quad and ham exercises to ensure the injuries aren't stemming from muscle imbalances

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
Thanks. I'm surprised they test. She has never mentioned anything about testing but who knows. Maybe they do random. She isn't into PH or anything like that but i want her to be able to strengthen that hamstring and get strong

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Here you say quad^^ Is it her quad or her hamstring?

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That is another ball of wax then. This needs to heal up completely or it will become a chronic issue. So the healing process is a priority for now. Then it becomes a strengthening process because her quads are probably overpowering the hamstrings.

Shrine

Shrine

Awards
That is another ball of wax then. This needs to heal up completely or it will become a chronic issue. So the healing process is a priority for now. Then it becomes a strengthening process because her quads are probably overpowering the hamstrings.
I just spoke with her and I was under the impression it was a hamstring issue but miscommunication on my part. It is her quad.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok, well she still needs to heal it up. Being a D1 school they should have a decent athletic training staff so they will get her taken care of. She needs to figure out what it is and then figure out the cause. Then the strength program can be devised for it.

WPChickDiesel

WPChickDiesel

Awards

Have her do foam roll exercises for rehabilitation and strengthening the quads and hamstrings. Make sure she rolls the inner and outer thighs as well as these are areas that are typically ignored and subject to lead to acl tears due to weak or strained ligaments.