Creatine.... Yay? or Nay?

Elizabeth0215

Awards
Hey Everyone! New here... Excited to be part of this group!

Anyways... Been lifting for 14 years, and just hit the big 3-0 this year....Yeah, whatever. ;)

My goal in the next few years is to work on more building (past years have just been using weights and running to mainly stay lean and work off giving birth to three kids!)... Now I'm bumping up my weight to put on more muscle and maybe give a Figure Comp. a try!!!! I workout with a few Figure Pros and they suggest I just cut with them and give it a try... however, I think I could feel more confident with a bit more muscle on my frame.

Sooooo..... Creatine.... Usage for women? Yay? Nay? .... I've read so many conflicting things about bloating and such, but benefits of longer term fat loss for females and of course, great muscle building properties.

Would love anyone's opinions if you've tried it and what type of results are expected. (keeping in mind everyone is different of course!)

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to being part of your convo's!!!!!

superbeast668

superbeast668

Awards
i know your looking for female feedback. i have a penis, which disqualifies me from the female section of feedback. I'm going to say that some people react differently as far as creatine bloat. i dont retain much in the way of water at all on creatine. you may or may not. theres only one real way to find out. if your trying to build muscle i think creatine is excellent. give it a shot. whats the worst that can happen?

KurlMuscle

KurlMuscle

Awards
I love creatine!!!! I know many who can't stand it. I'm currently using the Kre-Alkalyn form. I notice more strength and fuller muscles.

6thblow

6thblow

Awards
kurl musle what is kre- alkalyn form? im new to
body building / fitness! when & how to take this creatine? thnks for any response!

KurlMuscle

KurlMuscle

Awards
+ pH-Correct Creatine Buffered Creatine Is Ideal For Athletes

1,500 MG Buffered Creatine in 2 Caps Patented Creatine Stabilization Technology

No Bloating -- No Loading -- No Cycling

May Promote Gains In: Power - Strength - Muscle Size - Lean Body Mass*

Get immediate results and increase muscular performance with this patented, pH corrected creatine. Unlike other creatine formulas that may slowly degrade into the bi-product "creatinine" when mixed in acidic liquids, Kre-Alkalyn® is 100% stabilized at an alkaline pH of 12. It reaches muscles at full strength, helping athletes with short, intense bursts of energy.* There's no bloating, no loading and no cycling.

Ingredients: Supplement Facts Serving Size 2 Capsules Servings Per Container 120

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value:
Kre-Alkalyn Buffered Creatine (as Creatine Monohydrate U.S. Patent 6,399,661) 1.5 g *

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

vassille

Awards
Hey Everyone! New here... Excited to be part of this group!

Anyways... Been lifting for 14 years, and just hit the big 3-0 this year....Yeah, whatever. ;)

My goal in the next few years is to work on more building (past years have just been using weights and running to mainly stay lean and work off giving birth to three kids!)... Now I'm bumping up my weight to put on more muscle and maybe give a Figure Comp. a try!!!! I workout with a few Figure Pros and they suggest I just cut with them and give it a try... however, I think I could feel more confident with a bit more muscle on my frame.

Sooooo..... Creatine.... Usage for women? Yay? Nay? .... I've read so many conflicting things about bloating and such, but benefits of longer term fat loss for females and of course, great muscle building properties.

Would love anyone's opinions if you've tried it and what type of results are expected. (keeping in mind everyone is different of course!)

Thanks everyone! Looking forward to being part of your convo's!!!!!
nay, eat grass feed beef. It has all the creatine you need to build muscle + fat rich in omega 3 fatty acids. Aritificial creatine does not work as good as creatine from beef from my experience. When I eat beef I dont hold all that water for some reason and I dont feel dehydrated as I do with artificial or man made creatine however you want to call it.
When i used to take artificial creatine I always felt thirsty regardless of how much water I was drinking, and i was bloated to high heavens. It was an uncofortable feeling and I felt it wasnt healthy to feel like that.
But some ppl like it so im telling you my expoerience with it.

doc.robo

Awards
I use creatine monohydrate. I use it before my lifting workouts. I did not have any issues with any noticable bloat BUT I am also training for a figure competition and my coach has told me to stop taking creatine as of Aug 31 for an Oct 6 show. She wants to really make sure that most of the water/fluid retension has been removed from my body.
I did notice that I was getting a HUGE pump in my muscles when I was taking it.