Skin elasticity

neshnya

Awards
Hi all, I have been weight training for about 2 years now and through this and a good diet have shifted just over 2 stone. My current weight is 9 stone and I've gone from being a 36 DD to a 32C... My chest has taken the hardest hit.

I recently asked my Dr if the loose skin around my chest and stomach area will tighten and she said no amount of exercise will help. Now I'm all for proving people wrong so will continue to train hard, to improve but I was wondering if anyone has any advice or have had experience with it themselves?

Pictures to follow

Thanks in advance
Nesh

msrubi49

Awards
Hi Neshnya
Sorry but my meaurement conversion sux. 9 stone is abt what? 120 pounds and you lost abt 30?
I am 50 and lost 100 lbs over about 15 months. After 18 mos of real weight training, the skin tightened up pretty well on the upper arms. The "chest" is great but the boobs are deflated because a lot of fat was lost. Women lose fat in their breasts and face as they age anyway so..... The tummy? Wow, got all the fat out but it left a lot of loose skin. I killed myslef trying to get it to tighten but no go. I am having a tummy tuck in 6 weeks because it is the one area that just won't respond no matter what I do. Everyone is different and many factors contribute to how it will all end up (age, amount of weight lost, whether you smoked or not, how long you hd the extar weight, did you yo-yo and genetics). I will say the upper abs are starting to show and carve out somewhat but the lower area will not improve from exercise so your doctor is right and I consulted with a total of 5 surgeons over the last year and a half and they all said the same yours did. Unfortunately, nothing will fill the breasts in either besides implants. I personally felt 2 years was enough to gauge whether I would need or want surgery. It's really a personal decision.

neshnya

Awards
Thanks for your response. Good luck with your surgery. It worries me when I see children obese now, because I've done something about my weight problem fairly young and having these problems, no wonder people dont want to loose weight they will be stuck with no boobs and sagging skin only corrected by surgery that costs a hell of a lot. Most people will be happier being overweight.

I will continue to train hard and monitor results at the same time as saving for surgery. Would you be able to show me the before and after pics so I can analyse the scaring and compare to my problem? Sorry I know it's rather personal.

Nesh x

kdeome

kdeome

Awards
If you were a male looking to "bulk up" you could fill some/all that extra skin with muscle... but as I assume neither of those are the case you may have to result into cosmetic surgery. How old are you? obviously skin elasticity decreases with age - so if you are beyond say... 20 you're in an uphill battle.

Good luck!

Elizabeth0215

Awards
I had the same problem in the boobs after I had my 3 kids, and lost all the weight. I finally decided just to add implants to fill it in.... otherwise the actual "Lift" process to cut out the extra skin was MUCH more invasive and had much worse scarring. I'm MORE than happy that I made the decision to do the implants, and I would do it again in a heartbeat! I can't believe i waited so long, being unhappy with the extra skin left behind. I would also say, that skin has SOME elasticity, but If it's been a year or longer, most likely, it isn't going to change much. If you're pretty lean, and the skin is the only thing that hasn't tightened up, My guess is that's going to probably stay like that. :( Sorry girl, that sucks. At least you'll have a Rockin' strong, healthy BODY though!!!!! :)

doc.robo

Awards
5weeksout.jpg
Hi all, I have been weight training for about 2 years now and through this and a good diet have shifted just over 2 stone. My current weight is 9 stone and I've gone from being a 36 DD to a 32C... My chest has taken the hardest hit.

I recently asked my Dr if the loose skin around my chest and stomach area will tighten and she said no amount of exercise will help. Now I'm all for proving people wrong so will continue to train hard, to improve but I was wondering if anyone has any advice or have had experience with it themselves?

Pictures to follow

Thanks in advance
Nesh
I have had that experience. I have lost over 80 pounds, and from being so heavy and the skin far too stretched did not go back. In january I went to Thailand and got a a tummy tuck, and had the surgeon also give my small implants to help fill out the stretched skin in my breasts. It looks amazing. BUT I also have stretched skin on my upper arms, and my inner thighs. I doing my first figure competition Oct 6 and I am learning I have to accept the loose skin as it is in those areas.
I have also heard people tell me to build a lot of muscle...well when you are thin your abs can only grow so big, no matter how well you are eating at a bulking phase. No amount of muscle would fill that area, to re-stretch it out- for me anyway.
I was tired of looking at teh loose skin all the time and felt like I was getting any results in the gym, when in fact I was but the loose skin definitely played mind games with me...it had to go and I am happy that I did it.
All that's left now is the scar that runs hip to hip but the scar is far better for me (my badge of honor) than hanging skin!
Here is my pic in my figure suit 5 weeks out so that you can see the scar.