My Journey/Transformation!

Blynk

Blynk

Awards
I'm not exactly new here... I lurk. A lot.

That being said, I've been wanting to make my own post for awhile, but couldn't think of how to introduce myself (I'm shy). So, I'll start with a Fitness-Changed-My-Life Post... with some photographic proof!

I'm 24 years old, female, and Amazonian. Ok, not quite... but I'm pretty tall and was blessed with a large, muscular frame -- a muscular frame that holds onto fat like a mofo. I have struggled with my weight for my entire adult life, since I hit puberty 12 years ago. My weight was out of control for years, and frankly, I was just tired of being fat and feeling like crap.

About 4 years ago, I had the fortune to meet my (awesome) boyfriend. He's on this forum by the name of Axillist. Anyways, he's always been a gym/health nut, and when we moved in together, I got the kick in the ass that I needed to get into shape. I had already lost about 40ish lbs at that point but felt kinda flabby still. We started going to the gym and my life has been a whirlwind ever since, but it's been a fun ride. I've discovered that my body is capable of all kinds of things, and I went from feeling weak and unhealthy to being able to squat 185 lbs in less than 8 months. :) I preach about weight training to just about every girl I meet! My personal results have come from building up my muscles more than cardio, but I've worked hard at both.

comparison.jpg

That's me on the far left, standing with my best girlfriend. I was at my absolute heaviest in that picture and did not feel very good about myself. The middle and right pictures are after about 8 months of seriously hitting the gym whenever I can... I still have a tummy but that's shrinking away nicely. :) Ignore the vacuum cleaner in the background... not sure who left that out. :p

Anyways I'm glad to be here, and I'm interested in posting logs. I ran Compound 20 for 2 months pretty recently and wrote a review/log in case any other gals are interested in the results I had.

I play around on Fitocracy as well, which is a really fun site, in case you haven't checked it out yet... it makes logging your workouts much less boring, and it's a bit like Facebook for people who hit the gym! :D

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Blynk! :)

First off, congrats on the weight loss - that's awesome and no easy feat!
Secondly, welcome to the AM forums! Always nice to see another female round these parts. Everyone here is pretty friendly and willing to offer help/advice if you need it! Ax is a good dude - you have a great support system there!

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
My name is Axillist and I approve of this message. In all seriousness fitness is a journey we all choose. It can never be forced on by another nor instilled upon someone by any means. Hard work pays off and your pictures are living proof.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Hi Blynk! Awesome transformation!! That takes a lot of dedication on your part and I bet you don't even recognize the girl in that before photo!! Feel's good huh?!? We share the exact same background, even the part about meeting someone that is really in to fitness so I know how it feels to finally come out of the shell!! I have recently gained back some of my weight (no where near my starting weight but it still sucks) so your story reminds me that I can lean back out with a lot of hard work and dedication. Thank you for inspiring me again! :)

By the way....I'm sure it was your boyfriend that left the vacuum laying on the floor! :)

Blynk

Blynk

Awards
Hi Blynk! Awesome transformation!! That takes a lot of dedication on your part and I bet you don't even recognize the girl in that before photo!! Feel's good huh?!? We share the exact same background, even the part about meeting someone that is really in to fitness so I know how it feels to finally come out of the shell!! I have recently gained back some of my weight (no where near my starting weight but it still sucks) so your story reminds me that I can lean back out with a lot of hard work and dedication. Thank you for inspiring me again! :)

By the way....I'm sure it was your boyfriend that left the vacuum laying on the floor! :)
You're very welcome! It's been a long, hard road but it's been worth it. Like I said in my first post, I've had trouble with my weight for my whole life... when I got into college, I lost a lot of weight and was really skinny (no muscle tone though) for about 2 years. I gained it all back AND then some, and by the time I graduated from college, I was the weight I am in that first picture.

I know how it feels to gain it back, but I truly believe it's harder for women to stay at a constant weight. With all the hormones, work stress, having kids, etc. it's so difficult to stay in shape. I always tell people to remember to start small and take it one day at a time. It's a lot easier to set small goals and reach them, than to set a large goal and fail... and it's better for your mental health too. :) Wishing you all the best for future endeavors!

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Since when do boyfriends vacuum? :p j\k

Oh...that's right they don't!!! What the H was I thinking?!? ha!

You're very welcome! It's been a long, hard road but it's been worth it. Like I said in my first post, I've had trouble with my weight for my whole life... when I got into college, I lost a lot of weight and was really skinny (no muscle tone though) for about 2 years. I gained it all back AND then some, and by the time I graduated from college, I was the weight I am in that first picture.

I know how it feels to gain it back, but I truly believe it's harder for women to stay at a constant weight. With all the hormones, work stress, having kids, etc. it's so difficult to stay in shape. I always tell people to remember to start small and take it one day at a time. It's a lot easier to set small goals and reach them, than to set a large goal and fail... and it's better for your mental health too. :) Wishing you all the best for future endeavors!
Yup, I believe you are correct when saying that it's a little harder for us females!! Small goals it is....I have already dropped several lbs this week by hitting heavy cardio and cutting out calorie laden, evil peanut butter!! You mentioned that you lift more than cardio....do you left everyday? How much cardio do you do??

Blynk

Blynk

Awards
Yup, I believe you are correct when saying that it's a little harder for us females!! Small goals it is....I have already dropped several lbs this week by hitting heavy cardio and cutting out calorie laden, evil peanut butter!! You mentioned that you lift more than cardio....do you left everyday? How much cardio do you do??
I lift every day that I'm in the gym, which is typically 4 or 5 days a week. I do different muscle groups on different days. I try to do at least 20 minutes of intense cardio (165+ Heart Rate) every day that I'm in the gym, and I do my cardio before I lift. The only exception to the 20-minute rule is on Leg Day... I only do 10 minutes of cardio that day, because I squat with heavy weights and I need the energy.

I'm much more muscular than the average woman, so building up a strong muscle base has been my main goal over the last several months. It's definitely worked and I can lift as much as some of the guys ;) Plus muscle mass burns calories while you're just sitting around/sleeping... so it's good to have it. I've leaned out a lot and I think I look better than I ever have, honestly.

Axillist

Axillist

Awards
She would go to the gym 7 day's a week if I didn't whine for a couple days off a week!

Blynk

Blynk

Awards
Thought I would post an update to this! Been working extra hard in the gym as of late, increasing my cardio times and the weight I lift. I've started taking Jack3d on my workout days (in addition to my second run of Compound 20) and it's been working pretty well. If anyone is interested in a log or review, I can provide one!

I've toned up quite a bit more as of late, and I tend to carry my weight gain in my torso and upper body... The weight is finally starting to peel off in my upper body and my arms, and boy am I excited! I can really see some good definition in my arms, here's an example:

Ignore my doggy, he decided he wanted to get in the picture at the last minute... he's a ham.

rinsguns2.jpg

Plus I've figured out my Halloween costume for this year... Rosie the Riveter! I think I'll have the arms to pull it off by then. ;)

PS this is re-posted because I forgot to black out my face in the original pic... oops.

Miss Q

Miss Q

Awards
Very nice changes Blynk! Keep up the good work!! :)

buff.girl

buff.girl

Awards
keep it up girl! im subb'd :cheers:

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Nice transformation...
You tries FSXR? AX didn't slip ya a capsul did he?