HELLO SWEETIES! i need help!!!!!

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Hey whats up girls!. i need some suggestions... im going out with a girl wich i like a lot , and she wants to train with me, problem is, she is totally a newbie... i am not, ive been lifting for 5 years, and i do gymnastics... im in shape... but i dont know how to train a girl... i definately need some routines or advices, as rep ranges?, best exercises for women, what she shouldnt do.... she is a very girly girl (so i need to go slowly), she only wants more tone and lose a lil bit fat... i usually do heavy loads with low and high reps.... obviously a female is waaaaay different!... please help!!!!!

Also cardio, before or after exercise?.... i do cardio after lifting weights, so basycally we would train together, and since i am not a newbie, i just need a slight push to know where to start with her... if some girls could share routines would be awesome. any advice, opinion will help me, thanks! :)

K

KungFuBarbie

Awards
Okay, so I totally get the wanting to work out and bond during the process and more props to you for it. However, I don't know that the gym is necessarily the best to do so. I was in the same situation with my boyfriend about a year ago. All I learned is that you have to take the time and do the research for yourself, because you know your own body. If you're both active, instead of the gym, why not do something outdoors? Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you go into the gym you probably do it with a pretty self interested mind set. I know I do. That makes it hard to be a couples activity. Try a hike, or a bike ride, maybe golf, or kayaking.

If she's actually interested in lifting and getting in shape I would highly recommend Jaime Eason's "Live Fit" program through bodybuilding.com. Its a 12 week program, there's one for women and one for men. It's an awesome place for a newbie because it begins with only lifting and no cardio to develop a solid base for muscle growth. Its also very step by step and designed for the novice to understand.

If she gets into lifting and cardio always do the cardio last. If you exert yourself during cardio before lifting, then you're already tired by the time you get to the weights and pretty much incapable of maximizing the work out. Not to mention cardio will be a lot smoother once your body is all warmed up from lifting.

Hope this helps.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Okay, so I totally get the wanting to work out and bond during the process and more props to you for it. However, I don't know that the gym is necessarily the best to do so. I was in the same situation with my boyfriend about a year ago. All I learned is that you have to take the time and do the research for yourself, because you know your own body. If you're both active, instead of the gym, why not do something outdoors? Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you go into the gym you probably do it with a pretty self interested mind set. I know I do. That makes it hard to be a couples activity. Try a hike, or a bike ride, maybe golf, or kayaking.

If she's actually interested in lifting and getting in shape I would highly recommend Jaime Eason's "Live Fit" program through bodybuilding.com. Its a 12 week program, there's one for women and one for men. It's an awesome place for a newbie because it begins with only lifting and no cardio to develop a solid base for muscle growth. Its also very step by step and designed for the novice to understand.

If she gets into lifting and cardio always do the cardio last. If you exert yourself during cardio before lifting, then you're already tired by the time you get to the weights and pretty much incapable of maximizing the work out. Not to mention cardio will be a lot smoother once your body is all warmed up from lifting.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the response, reps on the way! :) , and yeah now that i think about it, it would be a lil bit complicated to work together, specially because im very intense in my workouts, i would really have to slow down. we sometimes go to the park and walk-run, ect. but she is very interested in goin to the gym with me so i will look into that workout you mentioned, i could set her a workout and i train while i supervise her, and sometimes do some exercises together, ect.

again thanks for the response, very helpful

K

KungFuBarbie

Awards
yeah, best of luck to her. Also, I don't know if you or she is interested in supplementation, but when I first started my boyfriend immediately introduced me to BCAA's. It helped me stick with it, because I wouldn't get nearly as sore and be turned off to a hard work out. I take them in the powdered form rather than the capsules, because I had a hard time drinking as much as water as I needed to. Definitely a major difference. Even if she doesn't supplement at all, I would recommend BCAA's to keep her going.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
yeah, best of luck to her. Also, I don't know if you or she is interested in supplementation, but when I first started my boyfriend immediately introduced me to BCAA's. It helped me stick with it, because I wouldn't get nearly as sore and be turned off to a hard work out. I take them in the powdered form rather than the capsules, because I had a hard time drinking as much as water as I needed to. Definitely a major difference. Even if she doesn't supplement at all, I would recommend BCAA's to keep her going.
Hey this is a great suggestion!, didnt think about it, i will suggest BCAAs (prolly the power chews or modern BCAAs by usp) for sure, specially since a woman shouldnt take tons of protein like men do, bcaas supplementation would do her good.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Hey this is a great suggestion!, didnt think about it, i will suggest BCAAs (prolly the power chews or modern BCAAs by usp) for sure, specially since a woman shouldnt take tons of protein like men do, bcaas supplementation would do her good.
BCAAs FTW!!!! I'm an avid backpacker & my wife likes hiking, but isn't quite as crazy as me about it (i'll go for days on end without touching a trail, just beating through the bush) I started loading a bottle of BCAAs to drink during/after big hikes & so far this has worked out awesome for my wife - she has commented on how much less sore she gets than before.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
BCAAs FTW!!!! I'm an avid backpacker & my wife likes hiking, but isn't quite as crazy as me about it (i'll go for days on end without touching a trail, just beating through the bush) I started loading a bottle of BCAAs to drink during/after big hikes & so far this has worked out awesome for my wife - she has commented on how much less sore she gets than before.

Thanks for the input bro! ill definately get some... i usually dont take BCAAs i use mainly tons of protein shakes and something called amino fuel wich has almost all the aminos (like 21 i think) also my diet is on point... so i will probably give BCAAs a try myself 2, and of course i will advice my girl to do it as well.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
I got into BCAAs thru intermittent fasting & doing fasted workouts. I highly recommend the lemon flavor RecoverPro -

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
hey yallz
im mrs kentheeagle!!!!
baby has been working me real hard, im doing all kinds of crazy workouts, and drinking gallons of bcaaa or whatever they are called

have you seen how big and ripped he is, im so intimidated! its a godsend to have a partner in the gym and a partner in life like ken!
im forever his barbie, muah xoxoxo babe
This is getting too far sir... how about you stop the games and respect the female forum?.... i just asked for questions its not something bad, now i think my question deserve respect, if you dont want to contribute, then dont... its too easy to ignore and go to the next thread.

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
I'm a believer that how your say training a chick from a dude is totally different is definitely a false pretense that most people have. Its really not true at all. You can train her. Just write it out. Take her through the moves for like two weeks then she can take it from there. Just train her as if you could train yourself as a novice. How would u do it. Women need to train hard heavy and intense just as much as dudes do to see progress. Don't be fooled with imagery of women with 4lbs dbs.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
I'm a believer that how your say training a chick from a dude is totally different is definitely a false pretense that most people have. Its really not true at all. You can train her. Just write it out. Take her through the moves for like two weeks then she can take it from there. Just train her as if you could train yourself as a novice. How would u do it. Women need to train hard heavy and intense just as much as dudes do to see progress. Don't be fooled with imagery off women with 4lbs dbs.
Thanks a lot for the response bro... do you also think is okay if she performs duble bench press???? some of my friends say that women shouldnt do bench press, some others say its fine, what you think? thanks again bro :)

sking6464

sking6464

Awards
  • Established
I'm a believer that how your say training a chick from a dude is totally different is definitely a false pretense that most people have. Its really not true at all. You can train her. Just write it out. Take her through the moves for like two weeks then she can take it from there. Just train her as if you could train yourself as a novice. How would u do it. Women need to train hard heavy and intense just as much as dudes do to see progress. Don't be fooled with imagery off women with 4lbs dbs.
agree 100%
up here iv had the chance to train with michelle price, ifbb figure, petite but shredded, and can kick most guys' asses in the gym
is she 200lbs? no, but as stated she/women have to put in the same effort to see results as would anyone else
ken the imagery of the purple 4lb weight and taking it easy cause you are such a 'pro' , kinda sexist imo

***can the title be edited, its misleading and tbh better rephrased given the question of the op

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Hey whats up girls!. i need some suggestions... im going out with a girl wich i like a lot , and she wants to train with me, problem is, she is totally a newbie... i am not, ive been lifting for 5 years, and i do gymnastics... im in shape... but i dont know how to train a girl... i definately need some routines or advices, as rep ranges?, best exercises for women, what she shouldnt do.... she is a very girly girl (so i need to go slowly), she only wants more tone and lose a lil bit fat... i usually do heavy loads with low and high reps.... obviously a female is waaaaay different!... please help!!!!!

Also cardio, before or after exercise?.... i do cardio after lifting weights, so basycally we would train together, and since i am not a newbie, i just need a slight push to know where to start with her... if some girls could share routines would be awesome. any advice, opinion will help me, thanks! :)
Im in the same boat. I married a wonderful woman who likes taking part in what I do. But she is new to it. So Im starting off slow with her. We have a TRX strap room at my gym and that is a great place to start . I make her do circuits for about 30 sec. and rest for 30 then back at it but a different movement.

EX
Medicine ball wall squats. ( stand in front of wall throw the ball up toward wall while squating up and then catch and back down )
do that for 30 sec. then rest 30

Next
Pushups
rest
Next would be TRX pullups.
rest
Kettleball Squats and swings.
rest
Burbees

It is actually a good workout, but she is able to push HERSELF. not me do it. She seems to like it so far. Pretty soon I will get her under a bar and get those GLUTES a good workout. lol.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Im in the same boat. I married a wonderful woman who likes taking part in what I do. But she is new to it. So Im starting off slow with her. We have a TRX strap room at my gym and that is a great place to start . I make her do circuits for about 30 sec. and rest for 30 then back at it but a different movement.

EX
Medicine ball wall squats. ( stand in front of wall throw the ball up toward wall while squating up and then catch and back down )

Next
Pushups
rest
rest
rest
Burbees

It is actually a good workout, but she is able to push HERSELF. not me do it. She seems to like it so far. Pretty soon I will get her under a bar and get those GLUTES a good workout. lol.
Hey thanks a lot for the input

hugry4more

hugry4more

Awards
  • Established
Of course man. Obviously you wouldn't focus a lot on chest movements since chicks really aren't looking to build up the chest. But u deff gotta train it and keep everything balanced and strong. Plus it great for the triceps and keeping everything perky.

You may wanna research some exercises that isolate muscles she wants to "firm/tone". Which for most women would be the butt. Besides that u should kno how to train everything else.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established

EX

Next
Pushups
rest
rest
rest
Burbees

thanks a lot bro, reps on the way, i gonna tell my girl to go slowly, i even told her that we will go little by little and then she will tell me when she is ready to go more and more, she is a total newbie and also she only wants to be slighlty defined, so i think it will be good, i gotta try the workout your suggest,

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
Im glad that helps. Seems to be a lot very nice peeps on this forum I hope I can make some good contributions to it.

bigguyn10ec

bigguyn10ec

Awards
  • Established
another thing we have are those big ass ship ropes and man those are great finishers. You can do SOOO many things with them. From just simple arm waves to squats with your arm in arm and as you stand up lowering the arm.. ( those work everything! ) It sometimes helps to think outside the box.. Dont think ( I am man... I will pick this up and be manly ) You have to think.. what movement is not heavy... but burns like hell.

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Of course man. Obviously you wouldn't focus a lot on chest movements since chicks really aren't looking to build up the chest. But u deff gotta train it and keep everything balanced and strong. Plus it great for the triceps and keeping everything perky.

You may wanna research some exercises that isolate muscles she wants to "firm/tone". Which for most women would be the butt. Besides that u should kno how to train everything else.
Yeah girls definately like to train legs more than anything lol... i was thinking about doing total body workout as suggested by bigguy but set her atleast 2-3 leg exercises and lead to copound movements then (the basics for her) we could train 3 x per week together, so a total body workout but focusing on legs for the first 2-3 exercises (in her case)

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
another thing we have are those big ass ship ropes and man those are great finishers. You can do SOOO many things with them. From just simple arm waves to squats with your arm in arm and as you stand up lowering the arm.. ( those work everything! ) It sometimes helps to think outside the box.. Dont think ( I am man... I will pick this up and be manly ) You have to think.. what movement is not heavy... but burns like hell.
gotta take a look at those, its for high reps right?, never tried em before... again thank you very much for all the conributions, in fact we well start working out tomorrow, LOL i was kind of worried at first but now i guess i know were to start with her. thank you guys

Slsgymbabe

Slsgymbabe

Awards
Have her do 15minutes cardio (elliptical machine) warm up while you're already lifting your first set workout.
Then when she finish, have her workout next to you, explain that she would have to do more reps and sets than you do in able for her to attain muscle tone. Perhaps a plyometric exercises is best for her, have her do 12-15reps of all workout with very light weights as you move on to your workout. She can even do 2 sets of 15reps for every part of the body- Make sure you pay attention to her as well...Do your sets then while you rest, have her perform her workouts, watch her form and moves. Then if she wishes to join you for cardio at the end of the workout, she could do so- it will help her get firmer and tone.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

:)

Stroke UR Ego

Stroke UR Ego

Banned
Awards
I'm a believer that how your say training a chick from a dude is totally different is definitely a false pretense that most people have. Its really not true at all. You can train her. Just write it out. Take her through the moves for like two weeks then she can take it from there. Just train her as if you could train yourself as a novice. How would u do it. Women need to train hard heavy and intense just as much as dudes do to see progress. Don't be fooled with imagery of women with 4lbs dbs.

Repped.

K

KungFuBarbie

Awards
Thanks a lot for the response bro... do you also think is okay if she performs duble bench press???? some of my friends say that women shouldnt do bench press, some others say its fine, what you think? thanks again bro :)
Women should absolutely bench press. Why would they not????

KenTheEagle

KenTheEagle

Awards
  • Established
Thank you all for the suggestions.... it really helped me and i actually set her a plan, we are working together she does the exercises in great form (for being a newbie)... now she wants to add this called "zumba" dance, and she wants to combine it with weight lifting (the dancing will be her cardio)... she wants to do 1 hour each, wonder if its too much for her but oh wells. we are going very slow.... and yeah she does dumbell bench press but only one exercise per day (she focus mainly on legs, glutes, abs) but we work all

G

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Zumba can be done on off/cardio days if it's +1 hour.

K

KungFuBarbie

Awards
Don't hesitate to work the upper body. I know a lot of women dont want to look too muscular but the upper body is part of a well rounded physique. If she starts to see too much muscle, then back off. But I highly doubt that will be the case. Not to mention cheat exercise will lift her breasts and help keep them life through life

Blynk

Blynk

Awards
Don't hesitate to work the upper body. I know a lot of women dont want to look too muscular but the upper body is part of a well rounded physique. If she starts to see too much muscle, then back off. But I highly doubt that will be the case. Not to mention cheat exercise will lift her breasts and help keep them life through life
Agree with this. If a woman wants toned arms, chest, shoulders and back... she needs to do some weight training. In my own experience, I've lost more fat/toned up simply by lifting. Building that muscle foundation is probably the #1 priority women SHOULD have, but they don't. I don't sit on the cardio machines for hours upon end... plus I find weight lifting to be much more entertaining. The results I've seen have been truly awesome.