Lost my inspiration

prettynginger

Awards
I started off well at the gym and now ive lost my enthusiasm :-( I've got to go to the gym after work and by that time I'm so tired :-(

How do I get out of that and become more active and energised and get my butt in the gym after work??

Please help xxx

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started off well at the gym and now ive lost my enthusiasm :-( I've got to go to the gym after work and by that time I'm so tired :-(

How do I get out of that and become more active and energised and get my butt in the gym after work??

Please help xxx
I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I went on vacation a few weeks ago and ever since I've been back my workouts have been lacking. I went from working out 5-6 days a week to 2-3 days a week within a 2 week span. It's been 2 weeks and I'm only starting to push myself again. These bumps in the road will happen. The great thing is you can do something about it. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off, re-evaluate your goals, change your workouts so you don't get bored, and start anew. Just want you to know that you're not alone, and to keep at it, because you deserve it. :)

ludbg

ludbg

Awards
maybe try to workout before you go to work. thats what my buddy started doing because he felt like crap after work. also try taking some pre workout supp after work to give u some energy.

prettynginger

Awards
I was going to go in the morning, but because of work schedules and family life I'm not able to :-( I really want to improve my self esteem and body but find it hard to find the motivation and it's getting me down!

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
I was going to go in the morning, but because of work schedules and family life I'm not able to :-( I really want to improve my self esteem and body but find it hard to find the motivation and it's getting me down!
The most important thing to do is keep at it regardless of the intensity. Even if you just do half or 1/3 of what you were doing, when you come back around to hitting it 100% you will still be steps ahead instead of 2 steps back as when you first started. Good luck I wish you well, I deal with this often although bodybuilding is my only hobby. From personal experience, taking a week or two off doesn't give you that hunger to train at 100% intensity. You have to want it mentally and time away usually equals taking steps backward in progress.

ck Black

ck Black

Banned
Awards
I say order a good supplement For working out either it be fat loss or what ever u prefer. It will prolly make u look FOWARD to seeing results . Unless ur already taking good supps

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife had the same problem of being tired after work. However, once I got her to start taking a protein shake about 90 minutes before she went to the gym, she started having more motivation and improved performance. Although she doesn't always use it, I also got her to start taking a 200mg caffeine tab if she was really tired.

prettynginger

Awards
Got my motivation back :) looking to start hitting the gym like I'm meant to.

I'm looking to change my routine a bit-mixing it up...

I will be going to the gym Wednesday-Sunday (due to family and things-Monday and Tuesday will be my rest days)

So... I want to start off with cardio on a Wednesday (cross trainer, bike and swimming)

And now I need your help... I want to loose weight and tone up, so do I do alternate cardio days such as Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and on the other days do kettle bell, viper, push ups??

Still new to the gym, so still not 100% confident but want to be.

Any help with a regime would be great and how many calories a day should I be eating? I'll also be starting to have a protein drink after gym?

I hate sounding clueless but we have to start somewhere :) and today's the day xxx

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Got my motivation back :) looking to start hitting the gym like I'm meant to.

I'm looking to change my routine a bit-mixing it up...

I will be going to the gym Wednesday-Sunday (due to family and things-Monday and Tuesday will be my rest days)

So... I want to start off with cardio on a Wednesday (cross trainer, bike and swimming)

And now I need your help... I want to loose weight and tone up, so do I do alternate cardio days such as Wednesday, Friday and Sunday and on the other days do kettle bell, viper, push ups??

Still new to the gym, so still not 100% confident but want to be.

Any help with a regime would be great and how many calories a day should I be eating? I'll also be starting to have a protein drink after gym?

I hate sounding clueless but we have to start somewhere :) and today's the day xxx
try myfitnesspal.com

its a good start.

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
I just started this app about a week ago... Very good app man lost 4 pounds already ... Highly recommend
make sure you re-adjust the carb/protein/fats... they set it up for the average bear.. if you train hard its not a good balance..

ck Black

ck Black

Banned
Awards
make sure you re-adjust the carb/protein/fats... they set it up for the average bear.. if you train hard its not a good balance..
Yea protein is set at 60 g , Def set too low but I just go over that amount ,

StangBanger

StangBanger

Awards
Yea protein is set at 60 g , Def set too low but I just go over that amount ,
you can customize it keeping the cals the same and adjust percentage for macros....and put in like 40/20/20 or whatever you prefer... its in the options...

ck Black

ck Black

Banned
Awards
Ic ic I'll def tweak this thing now that I know how thanks

Lexagon

Lexagon

Awards
try myfitnesspal.com

its a good start.
It's all mental, when you are ready to hit the gym you'll know. Sometimes you just have to push yourself a little. I used to workout after work (before they changed my schedule) and it was a struggle some days, but nothing a little caffeine doesn't fix. Something as simple as a small cup of coffee or tea can help too. Just a little to push you.

I just started this app about a week ago... Very good app man lost 4 pounds already ... Highly recommend
Ic ic I'll def tweak this thing now that I know how thanks
Great program. I've been using it for 7 months or so ... dropped quite a few lbs already and found some great motivation. If you do start using it look me up (Lexagon). I'm always up for being motivational.