how much muscle? - AnabolicMinds.com

how much muscle?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.

how much muscle?

so, how much muscle can women typically gain naturally with weightlifting in, let's say, a year?

I'm just asking because I want to set myself realistic goals in terms of gaining muscle (and losing fat), and I don't really know what to aim for. I've been (seriously) weight training for the past ~3 years, and realistically probably gained about 8 lbs of muscle total. I had kinda hoped that it would be more.

Thanks!
    not 'the' epic thigh girl ....

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.

no one knows?

I know women gain less muscle then men, but ~2-3lbs of muscle a year max just doesn't sound right.

Well, maybe I *just* need to up the dedication and find out ....
  3. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Mr. Google told that a woman can gain 1/2 pound a week. Who really knows though. I mean Mr.Google says a lot of things. He gave me About 9,780,000 results (0.30 seconds).
    •   

4. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Lol wow. As a man, i wish i can gain 1/2lb of muscle a week. Thats almost 30lbs a year
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  158 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
    Mr. Google told that a woman can gain 1/2 pound a week. Who really knows though. I mean Mr.Google says a lot of things. He gave me About 9,780,000 results (0.30 seconds).
    I tried google first too, but I found some wildly differing numbers. Maybe it depends too much on how long one has been training, the intensity of training, and diet and supplements, and genetics? Or maybe nobody has ever "measured" that?
  6. Diamond Member

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper View Post
    Lol wow. As a man, i wish i can gain 1/2lb of muscle a week. Thats almost 30lbs a year
    Yeah kind of crazy/unbelievable. Who really knows though. Just work hard at what you do and you will succeed.
  7. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  0 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

depends on how much you eat and what you eat.
    Hardcore Supps for the Hardcore Trainer
    Use Discount Code AM20 To Save 20% At www.ironflexsupps.com

8. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  197 lbs.

2 to 3 pounds a year sounds about right to me. Remember, we're talking LEAN mass. A man, naturally, can gave about 5 lbs a year of LEAN mass. There are a lot of chunky guys on "bulking" (aka fattening) cycles that claim to gain a lot more, but it just doesn't happen naturally. If you get your bodyfat down, you will REALLY notice 2 to 3 pounds of mass on a petite 5'8" female frame.
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  199 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderHumper
    Thought if all cards were lined up you would gain around 25lbs a year.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    ANABOLIC MINDS SITE REP
  10. Banned
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1

Thought if all cards were lined up you would gain around 25lbs a year.
    Maybe on anabolics, or with powerful blaq genetics. Otherwise 25lbs a year of straight muscle is hella impossible
  11. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

around 1/4lb a week is pretty much peak for men naturally, after the first couple of years training. so half or less than half that for women sounds right. keep in mind too that women start off lighter and smaller, so beyond the testosterone part, 1/8th pound a week proportionately for a woman isn't bad.
    This space for rent

Phenadrol Log http://anabolicminds.com/forum/suppl...-hell-did.html - AMAZING fat loss results so far

Similar Forum Threads

1. For Sale: Purus Labs Muscle Marinade Grape (Muscle Builders)
    By winwrightsa in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 02:55 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-10-2011, 12:03 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-17-2009, 04:49 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-21-2009, 11:25 AM