Supplements and Anemia

tashygirl

tashygirl

Banned
Awards
I was wondering what your thoughts are on supplements and anemia. I'm anemic but want to take some pretty potent diet or fat burning supplements. I don't want to get shaky or jittery, or feel light headed or dizzy. Are there any better than some I can try out that won't affect my anemia or maybe any that may increase iron? ;0)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I was wondering what your thoughts are on supplements and anemia. I'm anemic but want to take some pretty potent diet or fat burning supplements. I don't want to get shaky or jittery, or feel light headed or dizzy. Are there any better than some I can try out that won't affect my anemia or maybe any that may increase iron? ;0)
I am perpetually anaemic, although not iron-deficient anaemic. If you have iron-deficient anaemia, then look at eating more foods containing iron - having Vitamin C with such foods also helps with iron absorption. Or you can look at supplementing with iron. This may also be something you want to discuss with your medical professional.

~Rosie~

tashygirl

tashygirl

Banned
Awards
I am perpetually anaemic, although not iron-deficient anaemic. If you have iron-deficient anaemia, then look at eating more foods containing iron - having Vitamin C with such foods also helps with iron absorption. Or you can look at supplementing with iron. This may also be something you want to discuss with your medical professional.

~Rosie~
Hi Rosie, thank you... Yeah I already do take Iron supplements but still it's hard to take other supplements because of my Iron loss. Alot of stuff doesn't work the same and I want to take fat burners or sleep aid's because I'm also an insomniac. But I will talk to my M.D. about it more and see what he suggests. Thanks a lot ;0)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi Rosie, thank you... Yeah I already do take Iron supplements but still it's hard to take other supplements because of my Iron loss. Alot of stuff doesn't work the same and I want to take fat burners or sleep aid's because I'm also an insomniac. But I will talk to my M.D. about it more and see what he suggests. Thanks a lot ;0)
No worries :)

You do realize that you can get the results you want with your body withOUT any supplements but the basics (and not even those, given your body mass)? No need for fat burners if your nutrition (especially nutrition) and training are targeted at your goals (and needs) and set up SPECIFICALLY FOR YOU.

I sympathize re insomnia, having experienced this myself (and still do quite often). Maybe something mild like ZMA might help. Maybe Lipotrophin-PM - it is actually a non-stim fat burner, but has excellent sleep promoting properties (it was the first product I ever used that allowed me to get deep/restful sleep).

~Rosie~