gf needs help loosing baby fat

russellboy

Awards
she just had a baby and shes doing p90. she is watching what she eats but want to know what type of fat burner works. i.e. hydroxy cut,dexatrim etc. im not familiar with these products so any advice would be helpful.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
well first we need to know if shes still breast feeding , and if any of those ingredients are passed through to the baby.

Safe stuff should be talked over with the doctor, but things like tumeric, capsaicin, fish oil, garlic extract should be somewhat in the clear to use.

Bluebird1108

Awards
I lost all my baby weight (60 lbs and then some) through strict diet. I dropped all gluten and dairy products and started eating clean. I went from 220 lbs down to 140 lbs in under a year - remind her that it took 10 months (yes, we are pregnant for 10 months) to gain the weight so be patient.

Good point by EBF Inc - if she is breastfeeding than she absolutely should not take anything that could pass through the milk. Also - she will keep a little extra weight since women who are breastfeeding require a bit more fat to produce milk (it does help lose weight initially though - I found that after I stopped breastfeeding my waist shrunk even more). If she drops weight too fast and too much, she will lose her supply. If she is not breastfeeding than you do not need to worry about this stuff.

I am also big into running so that helped as well. Good luck and congratulations!!

lizp85

lizp85

Awards
I lost all of my baby weight (32 pounds) with breastfeeding. He was weaned when he turned a year old so in Januray was when I started hitting the gym hard with cardio and weights. What seemed to really kickstart the loss for me was the cardio. I still lift weights for 20-25 minutes during my gym sessions but I focus more on cardio since I am mainly trying to drop weight right now. For a supplement I have taken Dexaprine and that seemed to work well for me. I'm down 40 pounds since January but I've been at a standstill with weight loss for about a month now so I think I need to switch some things up.

Also, tell her to make sure she eats enough food- women are notorious for eating only 1000 calories a day and doing tons of cardio but all that does is screw up your metabolism and your body will eventually stop losing weight. Plus it makes your body rather PISSED OFF! Best of luck to her!

russellboy

Awards
Have u ever heard of slimvox? Its supposed to be all natural and very effective. We dont really want to spend money on somethin that dosent work but we really liked the fact that its natural.

lizp85

lizp85

Awards
Have u ever heard of slimvox? Its supposed to be all natural and very effective. We dont really want to spend money on somethin that dosent work but we really liked the fact that its natural.
I haven't heard of it. Is she nursing at all? If so, I would advise against her taking anything, even if it's labeled as all natural.

russellboy

Awards
No shes not nursing. We just like the "all natural" for her. Ive heard a lot of the fat burners are bad for the heart.

Bluebird1108

Awards
I haven't heard of it either. I would say still to stick with a solid and clean diet, get some cardio in, and lift heavy and the results will be seen in a matter of a couple of months. After that I would look at supplements. I use a pre-workout and take bcaa's and glutamine post workout. This helps increase my muscle mass and burn fat quickly. Everyone is different - stick with what works for her.

KungFuBarbie

Awards
I'm a very tiny individual so I don't do too much experimenting with fat burners, but I have recently used OxyPro Elite and have seen major improvements in my problem areas.

Bluebird1108

Awards
I have heard good things about OxyPro Elite - let me know how it goes for you KungFuBarbie.

KungFuBarbie

Awards
Woops. First, its OxyElite Pro. I've been using it about a month and half and love it.

murk01

murk01

Awards
I know animal cuts is'nt really a fat burner
But it works awesome me and my wife use it. Noticeable difference in appearance with in fist few days

Asmodean

Awards
My wife and I are using Prototype UR-Spray with ridiculous results. Check the ergopharm section of this board!

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
My wife and I are using Prototype UR-Spray with ridiculous results. Check the ergopharm section of this board!
Just started looking into things for my GF. never thought to suggest UR-spray. Is 7-keto safe for women? if so, @ what dose?

Asmodean

Awards
Just started looking into things for my GF. never thought to suggest UR-spray. Is 7-keto safe for women? if so, @ what dose?
7-Keto is safe for women, however UR-Spray doesnt contain 7-keto. If you want to try that go for the 7-Spray. I think the UR-spray is more effective though.

KurlMuscle

KurlMuscle

Awards
My favorite energy booster/fat burners are jet fuel (not jet fuel pyro), Rx6, Meltdown and i really like 7-keto and green tea (real tea bag green tea).

msrider

msrider

Awards
My wife has always battled being overweight and now she dieting a lot better. She goes to the dr and they will give u a script for fentermine if u are overweight, but they won't give more than 3 months worth. She just had our 3rd child and with a clean diet, lots of cardio, and fentermine u can loose 50lbs in 3 months easy. Good luck!