tashygirl

tashygirl

Banned
Awards
Does anyone have a good routine to help tone up my arms ? Mainly my triceps

VS91588

VS91588

Awards
I wrote this superset Tri/Bi workout for my sister and it worked for her...

1) Rope Pushdowns / Ez-Bar Curls - 3 sets

2) DB Tricep Extensions / DB Concentration Curls - 3 sets

3) Dips / Preacher Curls - 3 sets

Shoot for 15-20 slow reps

Celorza

Celorza

Awards
A bit of abliderate advanced or eviscerate might come in handy...Other than that , nutrition is a keypoint for that , care to share your Diet and Training for some advice??

tashygirl

tashygirl

Banned
Awards
Thanks fellas I'm going to try that work out routine! I do the shake weight video! I feel it but I don't know if it'll do anything to tone my arms.

Natestreo

Natestreo

Awards
Thanks fellas I'm going to try that work out routine! I do the shake weight video! I feel it but I don't know if it'll do anything to tone my arms.
Ultimately "toning" an area is going to be accomplished by reducing the amount of fat and increasing the amount of muscle mass, to my own understanding. Its also common to hear that "spot reducing" or attempting to lose fat in one particular area may not be possible. However, increasing muscle in one particular area is definitely possible. Keep up the arm training and give it some time to build ya some muscle in those areas, I would be willing to say that this will be at least half of the a equation towards firming those arms up!

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do shake weights even work?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Losing weight in the arms? Diet.. It call comes down to your diet. You can't target weight loss in areas via exercise, but you can help definition by building up more muscle in those areas. This will help especially if you don't really train those areas much.

Losing fat has a lot to do with your diet though. There's no way around nutrition, it has to be on point and in control if you want results anywhere.

tashygirl

tashygirl

Banned
Awards
Do shake weights even work?
I like the shake weight. I honestly feel the burn. As far as it working I'm used to the weight itself and I'd probably want to move to a heavier shake weight like for the guys.

tashygirl

tashygirl

Banned
Awards
Losing weight in the arms? Diet.. It call comes down to your diet. You can't target weight loss in areas via exercise, but you can help definition by building up more muscle in those areas. This will help especially if you don't really train those areas much.

Losing fat has a lot to do with your diet though. There's no way around nutrition, it has to be on point and in control if you want results anywhere.
Yeah for sure! Thank you! Will definitely have a strict diet and continue to try the rope pull downs! I think those work better than the shake weight! Hehe

VS91588

VS91588

Awards

She did not ask to "lose weight in her arms" she asked for a routine to tone up her arms.. Toning and losing weight are 2 different topics. 1) Toning = Exercise Science and 2) Losing weight = Nutrition/Diet

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't want to argue semantics, but the title of her thread is how to lose my flabby arms. You can't lose any flab without dietary changes. I can build all the muscle I want, but all I could hope for is that it will pop through the fat. The arms would still look soft though and not 'toned' or harder, without losing water + fat in the area, essentially a leaner, less flabby arm is what she wants. Correct me if I'm wrong.

With that being said, arm exercises and diet, with diet being more key. Checkout Fitday.com or similar for an easy way to track calories and your diet. This website has dietary tools as well.

In addition, a lot of time simply manipulating carb intake, (time of the day, as well as amount taken in) will dramatically reduce water retention and quickly reduce the softer look.

tashygirl

tashygirl

Banned
Awards
She did not ask to "lose weight in her arms" she asked for a routine to tone up her arms.. Toning and losing weight are 2 different topics. 1) Toning = Exercise Science and 2) Losing weight = Nutrition/Diet
Hehehe thank you for correcting him! I understood what he meant hehe ;0)

tashygirl

tashygirl

Banned
Awards
Thank you gutterpump! I love how everyone is so helpful here! Awesome place to be! ;0)