Female Powerlifter Meals

Alabama

Awards
I'm just beginning the sport of powerlifting and so far so good...But I'm wondering what a typical meal day for other female powerlifters consist of? Please share a typical intake with me. This will help me know if i need to increase or decrease my own meals. Thanks

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm just beginning the sport of powerlifting and so far so good...But I'm wondering what a typical meal day for other female powerlifters consist of? Please share a typical intake with me. This will help me know if i need to increase or decrease my own meals. Thanks
There are few females here. As for meals, if you're looking at powerlifting and are eating for PERFORMANCE, then never mind what anyone ELSE is doing - you need to set up your nutrition for YOU specifically!

~Rosie~

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A few questions:
Have you decided upon a weight class?
If so, up or down from your current weight?
Are you doing conditioning (e.g. hill sprints, Prowler pushes, etc.)

Alabama

Awards
Yes, i plan to compete one lower weight class than my current weight. As far as the conditioning, when is the best time to do it? Before or after the workout OR should I be doing it on non-workout days?

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Want to know my powerlifting diet? Are you sure?...Okay, here it is:

I eat whenever I want. If I want to eat a ton, I do it. If my body tells me that 2 meals and a protein shake is good for that day, I'll do that.

I often eat beef, chicken, eggs beans, spinach, oats, Ezekiel bread and basmatti rice. - I do NOT eat on a schedule. I often don't eat breakfast until 3hrs after I've been awake. Sometimes I train on an empty stomach, sometimes I train at midnight after I've had all my meals...sometimes I train for 30mins while on my lunch break.

Want to know what I've had today? - Since I've been up at 11am (I'm on vacation!) I've had 3 meals: taco salad, eggs/ham with 4 slices of toast, and some oatmeal pancakes my wife made for me after I trained tonight...that's it.

I'm 5'8" @ 162lbs and have about 8% BF. - I squat 505+, DL about 470, and bench around 300 (I know, I know, I'm working on it).

Who knows? It works for me...take what the experts on this forum have to say (Rosie and Rodja are in that for sure), try it out for yourself, and see what you come up with.

Basically what I'm getting at is that there is no magic number for anything. Live and learn.

Cheers.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, i plan to compete one lower weight class than my current weight. As far as the conditioning, when is the best time to do it? Before or after the workout OR should I be doing it on non-workout days?
You don't want to do it the day before a Max Effort on lower body, but that's about the only restriction. The most important thing is to do it.

Want to know my powerlifting diet? Are you sure?...Okay, here it is:

I eat whenever I want. If I want to eat a ton, I do it. If my body tells me that 2 meals and a protein shake is good for that day, I'll do that.

I often eat beef, chicken, eggs beans, spinach, oats, Ezekiel bread and basmatti rice. - I do NOT eat on a schedule. I often don't eat breakfast until 3hrs after I've been awake. Sometimes I train on an empty stomach, sometimes I train at midnight after I've had all my meals...sometimes I train for 30mins while on my lunch break.

Want to know what I've had today? - Since I've been up at 11am (I'm on vacation!) I've had 3 meals: taco salad, eggs/ham with 4 slices of toast, and some oatmeal pancakes my wife made for me after I trained tonight...that's it.

I'm 5'8" @ 162lbs and have about 8% BF. - I squat 505+, DL about 470, and bench around 300 (I know, I know, I'm working on it).

Who knows? It works for me...take what the experts on this forum have to say (Rosie and Rodja are in that for sure), try it out for yourself, and see what you come up with.

Basically what I'm getting at is that there is no magic number for anything. Live and learn.

Cheers.
I'm right here with you on this. I don't follow any of the BB'ing rules and let my body dictate how much I eat. I've set PRs on a diet of 70g of carbs per day and on a diet of 700g of carbs per day. In PL'ing, the most important thing is the programming and not the nutrition.