My Journey..

Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last

1. OEP is OxyElite Pro by the way, and yes, its a solid appetite suppressant/stimulant, lasts 6-8 hours for me, and 1 cap is fine for a good kick, 2 is a bit nuts for me and i'm 200+ lol.

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

2. Glad to see you came back. Ignore the testosterone .. LOL

Congrats on the loss! That's awesome. I'd have to agree w/ maybe eating a little more. Or at least trying to get some more in on your heavy days. And eating light if you do just cardio or take a day off.
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Drink lots of water and get the fiber in. That should stave off your cravings. Eat the hell out of some crucifarous veggies at lunch to hold you over until your next meal. Heck, at 4 you should probably be eating again anyways. Just plan ahead.

Nice work on the 5lbs.
    Probably a stupid question here, BUT i have to ask. Does ground flaxseed have a lot of fiber? I thought about adding some to my shakes or to yogurt. I'll add some more veggies to my lunches, that way I can snack on them since most are "free" foods. And I would eat at 4, normally I eat at 3 and am still hungry at 4 lol. I guess I'm burning through stuff I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    Sorry that there were some posts that turned ya off from the site for a while, gotta have a bit of a thick skin with all the high testosterone running rampant around here.

Definitely congrats on the 5 pounds and higher energy/more toned Like the purple people eater said, water and fiber definitely help.

ManBeast
    Skin is thicker now lol. I didn't know it was high testosterone forum, I searched female fitness forums and this came up. But now I know!
    Having more energy has really helped me to stay focused. Thanks for the congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Sorry about any post you may have seen.
    Some times on here we all get beside our selves.
    The post that affected u try were not directly related to you were they?

Either way, glad you are losing weight. I could never only eat only 1200 Cals.
    Have you thought about somewhere around 1500-1900 Cals with cardio and and minor weights involved for toning?

These guys had great suggestions, you may be ready for it you may not but OEP isn't a bad fat burner, look into that if you stall or need more energy. Personally I'm 195 pounds and 1 cap does me just fine... Look into it. That shouldn't be the first line of defense but it sure can help and u seem like you have everything else in order!
    They were directly related to me and I really didn't think that I deserved them. I was starting what I thought was a friendly thread, but clearly didn't pan out the way I thought it would. Rude comments were made at my expense that I didn't ask for, but either way, I guess it's my fault. I should have known better, I didn't think there were that many dbags on here, I think they all flocked to that thread. But any way, lesson learned.

I think the trainer has me only eating 1200 because my goal right now is weight loss. She told me once I met my goals that I could bump it back up. But I will ask her about that to clarify. I'm not paying her, so she's just doing this to be nice.

I will def look into that OEP, if it helps with cravings it should help me stay focused and eat healthier later. It's so hard to eat a balanced meal in 10 minutes which is what I get for lunch. I think this might be why I'm always so hungry. Either way, thanks for the tips!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    Glad to see you came back. Ignore the testosterone .. LOL

Congrats on the loss! That's awesome. I'd have to agree w/ maybe eating a little more. Or at least trying to get some more in on your heavy days. And eating light if you do just cardio or take a day off.

Thanks! I will ignore it from now on lol. Thank you on the congrats. I'm not too concerned with the actual number on the scale. Just want to be toned and feel better, and be able to beat any testosterone people up. JK!!

4. Well, regardless the only thing that matters is that your back and progressing well! If your starting to get hungry that's a good thing! I chew gum, drink a cup of coffee as well as the other statements that were already posted. You go girl! haha had to put that just had too!

5. Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Probably a stupid question here, BUT i have to ask. Does ground flaxseed have a lot of fiber? I thought about adding some to my shakes or to yogurt. I'll add some more veggies to my lunches, that way I can snack on them since most are "free" foods. And I would eat at 4, normally I eat at 3 and am still hungry at 4 lol. I guess I'm burning through stuff I dunno.
    Yes. It's basically all fiber and protein. Good choice. Invest in some birdseye steamable veggies to take with you so you can have a nice hefty dose of goodness for your lunch. It's much more tolerable then just eating raw vegetables all the time too.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

•   

6. Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Thanks! I will ignore it from now on lol. Thank you on the congrats. I'm not too concerned with the actual number on the scale. Just want to be toned and feel better, and be able to beat any testosterone people up. JK!!
    No you're not Scale weight is just a number so that's great. Definition is where it's at Melt that fat off!

7. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    ...Scale weight is just a number so that's great. Definition is where it's at Melt that fat off!
    ^^^ Stay Strong! You're getting there. Believe in Yourself and it WILL happen!

~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

8. New obsession. Hummus and green pepper, wouldn't think it would be good, but it's awesome! Just have to make sure I don't go overboard with the hummus!!
    I started the OEP today, it made me a little sick to my stomach though. Is that cause my body isn't used to it or because I took it while I was hungry? I feel fine though, although I was hungry an hour after breakfast. Any ideas?!

9. Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Well, regardless the only thing that matters is that your back and progressing well! If your starting to get hungry that's a good thing! I chew gum, drink a cup of coffee as well as the other statements that were already posted. You go girl! haha had to put that just had too!

haha, I just can't do coffee!!!!! But the OEP def has already helped with my energy levels so thats a plus!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    ^^^ Stay Strong! You're getting there. Believe in Yourself and it WILL happen!

~Rosie~

Thanks Rosie!

11. Take the OEP about 15 minutes before you eat, taking it on an empty stomach that will stay empty can cause upset. And yes, hummus is godly

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

12. Hummus is amazing. It's good w/ orange/yellow/red/green peppers and carrots

13. Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    haha, I just can't do coffee!!!!! But the OEP def has already helped with my energy levels so thats a plus!
    Well i was just giving some alternative options instead of relying on supplements. Either way, whatever floats your boat

14. Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Well i was just giving some alternative options instead of relying on supplements. Either way, whatever floats your boat
    I appreciate the alternates! I have started a 30 day no sugar thing. I'm on day 5 right now and going strong. It's difficult to find foods other than fruits of course, natural is fine. But I can't find foods that don't have sugar in them so I'm learning how to read labels more closely. Just wishing for more of a variety when it comes to my food choices.

15. Good luck on that. Not an easy diet to achieve, but it's certainly doable.

Do you plan on cheating at all? If so, is it scheduled? If you're only doing natural sugars, what are you eating post-wo? Have you considered intermittent fasting (IF)?

16. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Good luck on that. Not an easy diet to achieve, but it's certainly doable.

Do you plan on cheating at all? If so, is it scheduled? If you're only doing natural sugars, what are you eating post-wo? Have you considered intermittent fasting (IF)?
    Thanks it's been a challenge so far. I've been working out in the evening and then eating dinner of tilapia and greens after the work out, probably like 20 after because I can't eat right away.
    What is intermittent fasting?

I'm not cheating on the sugar portion, but I do schedule a cheat meal from my other healthy eating. Sometimes I don't want a cheat meal and I just want some chips and cheese. But I have to eat that stuff I love, or I will go crazy!
  17. -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:

18. Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Thanks it's been a challenge so far. I've been working out in the evening and then eating dinner of tilapia and greens after the work out, probably like 20 after because I can't eat right away.
    What is intermittent fasting?

I'm not cheating on the sugar portion, but I do schedule a cheat meal from my other healthy eating. Sometimes I don't want a cheat meal and I just want some chips and cheese. But I have to eat that stuff I love, or I will go crazy!
    Fish and greens are a great choice, but how do you feel about eating beef? - If you don't like beef, I'd recommend getting some dessicated liver tablets from Beverly Nutrition (no, the Universal product won't work ). - You'll feel sooooo much better getting some red-meat protein in.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    Yep, a great place to start, and Kleen is an excellent one to learn from. - IIRC, Resolve was the first one to introduce IF to Anabolic Minds. A lot of people benefited from that diet, myself included.

19. Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Fish and greens are a great choice, but how do you feel about eating beef? - If you don't like beef, I'd recommend getting some dessicated liver tablets from Beverly Nutrition (no, the Universal product won't work ). - You'll feel sooooo much better getting some red-meat protein in.

Yep, a great place to start, and Kleen is an excellent one to learn from. - IIRC, Resolve was the first one to introduce IF to Anabolic Minds. A lot of people benefited from that diet, myself included.
    Thanks I will look into this! The 30 day thing is actually a contest and if I win, I get a bunch of cool prizes. So i'm trying my hardest to stick with it and win!
    I have no problem with eating beef!! Love it! Those pills sound like they would make me vomit, so I think I will stick to beef lol!!

20. Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Thanks I will look into this! The 30 day thing is actually a contest and if I win, I get a bunch of cool prizes. So i'm trying my hardest to stick with it and win!
    I have no problem with eating beef!! Love it! Those pills sound like they would make me vomit, so I think I will stick to beef lol!!
    Liver tablets are not that bad. They taste like happy.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

21. dessicated liver tabs do leave a "bad" taste in your mouth for a brief period of time, stick to beef for a little . Woooo contest time, do your best!! That's good to get involved in something like that because it's a good form of motivation. best of luck

22. How's the working out going?

23. Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    How's the working out going?

FUnny you should ask I was just coming on to update!
    I am at the 2 week mark for the challenge. And since I started I have def been pushing myself and more dedicated to making sure my workouts are awesome and at least 5 days a week!
    I am really proud of myself, because normally after about a week and with soreness I give up and it ends up being sporadic. I think i'm getting over the lazy hump with the help of this challenge! Glad I decided to take it on.
    I'm trying to get my arms stronger though because I can only do about 10 regular pushups, I mainly stick to the girlie ones ;/ Any suggestions?!

Oh and I've lost 8 pounds since I started. I know the scale weight isn't my focus, but it's still nice to see my results with a decrease in weight! Hopefully all of that fat!

24. Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    I am at the 2 week mark for the challenge. And since I started I have def been pushing myself and more dedicated to making sure my workouts are awesome and at least 5 days a week!
    I am really proud of myself, because normally after about a week and with soreness I give up and it ends up being sporadic. I think i'm getting over the lazy hump with the help of this challenge! Glad I decided to take it on.
    I'm trying to get my arms stronger though because I can only do about 10 regular pushups, I mainly stick to the girlie ones ;/ Any suggestions?!

Oh and I've lost 8 pounds since I started. I know the scale weight isn't my focus, but it's still nice to see my results with a decrease in weight! Hopefully all of that fat!
    So you should be, and it's an attitude you should KEEP! Starting out is ALWAYS the hardest, but the greatest rewards come to those who have the patience to stick it out through the tough times!

Push-Ups are more of a chest, shoulders, AND triceps exercise (depending on how you do them - much like bench press). That said, if you want to improve your arm strength, focus on doing more compound back and chest exercises (plus Dips), since they are the ones which will help the most re strength in your arms (as well as in your back and chest).

If you ever get your body composition tested - or have a baseline to start from - you will know whether you are losing bodyfat or muscle mass (or both). Or, you can tell simply from how your clothes fit and feel, and how you look in the mirror.

~Rosie~
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com

25. Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post

Long story short, I stuck at push-ups. To get better at them instead of doing them on knees I would do them against an incline bench (or the bench press bench), something that is elevated just enough. Once I started doing those more regularly I was able to actually get some real push-ups out. Now I can hang for about 10 at a time w/out falling flat on my face. I used to do "girlie" ones and never made it very far. You might want to try it on a bench instead. Works wonders. You may want to look into the 100 push-up challenge too, not necessarily to do 100 push-ups but it does a good split for you as far as working out.

Congrats on the weight loss that's great!
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Journey
    By nateparker584 in forum Pics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 02:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 12:54 AM
  3. My journey through the 5/3/1
    By bsandora in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-11-2010, 01:12 AM