My Journey..

Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    Thanks! I will ignore it from now on lol. Thank you on the congrats. I'm not too concerned with the actual number on the scale. Just want to be toned and feel better, and be able to beat any testosterone people up. JK!!
    No you're not Scale weight is just a number so that's great. Definition is where it's at Melt that fat off!

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    ...Scale weight is just a number so that's great. Definition is where it's at Melt that fat off!
    ^^^ Stay Strong! You're getting there. Believe in Yourself and it WILL happen!

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

3. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

New obsession. Hummus and green pepper, wouldn't think it would be good, but it's awesome! Just have to make sure I don't go overboard with the hummus!!
    I started the OEP today, it made me a little sick to my stomach though. Is that cause my body isn't used to it or because I took it while I was hungry? I feel fine though, although I was hungry an hour after breakfast. Any ideas?!

•   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Well, regardless the only thing that matters is that your back and progressing well! If your starting to get hungry that's a good thing! I chew gum, drink a cup of coffee as well as the other statements that were already posted. You go girl! haha had to put that just had too!

haha, I just can't do coffee!!!!! But the OEP def has already helped with my energy levels so thats a plus!

5. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    ^^^ Stay Strong! You're getting there. Believe in Yourself and it WILL happen!

~Rosie~

Thanks Rosie!

6. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

Take the OEP about 15 minutes before you eat, taking it on an empty stomach that will stay empty can cause upset. And yes, hummus is godly

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

7. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Hummus is amazing. It's good w/ orange/yellow/red/green peppers and carrots

8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

haha, I just can't do coffee!!!!! But the OEP def has already helped with my energy levels so thats a plus!
    Well i was just giving some alternative options instead of relying on supplements. Either way, whatever floats your boat

9. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Well i was just giving some alternative options instead of relying on supplements. Either way, whatever floats your boat
    I appreciate the alternates! I have started a 30 day no sugar thing. I'm on day 5 right now and going strong. It's difficult to find foods other than fruits of course, natural is fine. But I can't find foods that don't have sugar in them so I'm learning how to read labels more closely. Just wishing for more of a variety when it comes to my food choices.

10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Good luck on that. Not an easy diet to achieve, but it's certainly doable.

Do you plan on cheating at all? If so, is it scheduled? If you're only doing natural sugars, what are you eating post-wo? Have you considered intermittent fasting (IF)?

11. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Good luck on that. Not an easy diet to achieve, but it's certainly doable.

Do you plan on cheating at all? If so, is it scheduled? If you're only doing natural sugars, what are you eating post-wo? Have you considered intermittent fasting (IF)?
    Thanks it's been a challenge so far. I've been working out in the evening and then eating dinner of tilapia and greens after the work out, probably like 20 after because I can't eat right away.
    What is intermittent fasting?

I'm not cheating on the sugar portion, but I do schedule a cheat meal from my other healthy eating. Sometimes I don't want a cheat meal and I just want some chips and cheese. But I have to eat that stuff I love, or I will go crazy!

12. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Answers

Thanks it's been a challenge so far. I've been working out in the evening and then eating dinner of tilapia and greens after the work out, probably like 20 after because I can't eat right away.
    What is intermittent fasting?

I'm not cheating on the sugar portion, but I do schedule a cheat meal from my other healthy eating. Sometimes I don't want a cheat meal and I just want some chips and cheese. But I have to eat that stuff I love, or I will go crazy!
    Fish and greens are a great choice, but how do you feel about eating beef? - If you don't like beef, I'd recommend getting some dessicated liver tablets from Beverly Nutrition (no, the Universal product won't work ). - You'll feel sooooo much better getting some red-meat protein in.

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    Yep, a great place to start, and Kleen is an excellent one to learn from. - IIRC, Resolve was the first one to introduce IF to Anabolic Minds. A lot of people benefited from that diet, myself included.

14. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    Fish and greens are a great choice, but how do you feel about eating beef? - If you don't like beef, I'd recommend getting some dessicated liver tablets from Beverly Nutrition (no, the Universal product won't work ). - You'll feel sooooo much better getting some red-meat protein in.

Yep, a great place to start, and Kleen is an excellent one to learn from. - IIRC, Resolve was the first one to introduce IF to Anabolic Minds. A lot of people benefited from that diet, myself included.
    Thanks I will look into this! The 30 day thing is actually a contest and if I win, I get a bunch of cool prizes. So i'm trying my hardest to stick with it and win!
    I have no problem with eating beef!! Love it! Those pills sound like they would make me vomit, so I think I will stick to beef lol!!

15. Idiot Savant
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks I will look into this! The 30 day thing is actually a contest and if I win, I get a bunch of cool prizes. So i'm trying my hardest to stick with it and win!
    I have no problem with eating beef!! Love it! Those pills sound like they would make me vomit, so I think I will stick to beef lol!!
    Liver tablets are not that bad. They taste like happy.
    ~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

16. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

dessicated liver tabs do leave a "bad" taste in your mouth for a brief period of time, stick to beef for a little . Woooo contest time, do your best!! That's good to get involved in something like that because it's a good form of motivation. best of luck

17. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Answers

How's the working out going?

18. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

How's the working out going?

FUnny you should ask I was just coming on to update!
    I am at the 2 week mark for the challenge. And since I started I have def been pushing myself and more dedicated to making sure my workouts are awesome and at least 5 days a week!
    I am really proud of myself, because normally after about a week and with soreness I give up and it ends up being sporadic. I think i'm getting over the lazy hump with the help of this challenge! Glad I decided to take it on.
    I'm trying to get my arms stronger though because I can only do about 10 regular pushups, I mainly stick to the girlie ones ;/ Any suggestions?!

Oh and I've lost 8 pounds since I started. I know the scale weight isn't my focus, but it's still nice to see my results with a decrease in weight! Hopefully all of that fat!

19. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

I am at the 2 week mark for the challenge. And since I started I have def been pushing myself and more dedicated to making sure my workouts are awesome and at least 5 days a week!
    I am really proud of myself, because normally after about a week and with soreness I give up and it ends up being sporadic. I think i'm getting over the lazy hump with the help of this challenge! Glad I decided to take it on.
    I'm trying to get my arms stronger though because I can only do about 10 regular pushups, I mainly stick to the girlie ones ;/ Any suggestions?!

Oh and I've lost 8 pounds since I started. I know the scale weight isn't my focus, but it's still nice to see my results with a decrease in weight! Hopefully all of that fat!
    So you should be, and it's an attitude you should KEEP! Starting out is ALWAYS the hardest, but the greatest rewards come to those who have the patience to stick it out through the tough times!

Push-Ups are more of a chest, shoulders, AND triceps exercise (depending on how you do them - much like bench press). That said, if you want to improve your arm strength, focus on doing more compound back and chest exercises (plus Dips), since they are the ones which will help the most re strength in your arms (as well as in your back and chest).

If you ever get your body composition tested - or have a baseline to start from - you will know whether you are losing bodyfat or muscle mass (or both). Or, you can tell simply from how your clothes fit and feel, and how you look in the mirror.

~Rosie~

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

20. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Long story short, I stuck at push-ups. To get better at them instead of doing them on knees I would do them against an incline bench (or the bench press bench), something that is elevated just enough. Once I started doing those more regularly I was able to actually get some real push-ups out. Now I can hang for about 10 at a time w/out falling flat on my face. I used to do "girlie" ones and never made it very far. You might want to try it on a bench instead. Works wonders. You may want to look into the 100 push-up challenge too, not necessarily to do 100 push-ups but it does a good split for you as far as working out.

Congrats on the weight loss that's great!

21. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

Awesome progress, definitely listen to Rosie and Lex, they know what they are talking about

22. Professional Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Ain't that where lebron plays? Niggas hate ballers these days
    ~ IRON LIVER™________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]

23. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee Scott View Post
    So you should be, and it's an attitude you should KEEP! Starting out is ALWAYS the hardest, but the greatest rewards come to those who have the patience to stick it out through the tough times!

Push-Ups are more of a chest, shoulders, AND triceps exercise (depending on how you do them - much like bench press). That said, if you want to improve your arm strength, focus on doing more compound back and chest exercises (plus Dips), since they are the ones which will help the most re strength in your arms (as well as in your back and chest).

If you ever get your body composition tested - or have a baseline to start from - you will know whether you are losing bodyfat or muscle mass (or both). Or, you can tell simply from how your clothes fit and feel, and how you look in the mirror.

~Rosie~
    Thanks Rosie! I did a baseline thing before the sugar challenge started. My parents have a body fat scale I have been using, but I have no idea how accurate those things are!
    And I'm bad at dips, so I def need to work on that, thanks!!

Long story short, I stuck at push-ups. To get better at them instead of doing them on knees I would do them against an incline bench (or the bench press bench), something that is elevated just enough. Once I started doing those more regularly I was able to actually get some real push-ups out. Now I can hang for about 10 at a time w/out falling flat on my face. I used to do "girlie" ones and never made it very far. You might want to try it on a bench instead. Works wonders. You may want to look into the 100 push-up challenge too, not necessarily to do 100 push-ups but it does a good split for you as far as working out.

Congrats on the weight loss that's great!
    Thank you!! I tried a bench my last workout, but my feet kept slipping, I def need something thats going to be more stable for me as I'm trying to build up strength, so I will try what you suggested putting my feet against a wall! I did 12 reg pushups yesterday, they were hard though!!
    I will look into that 100 pushup challenge, I don't think I'm ready for that though yet!

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    Awesome progress, definitely listen to Rosie and Lex, they know what they are talking about

Thank you! They do always have great advice!

24. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Thanks Rosie! I did a baseline thing before the sugar challenge started. My parents have a body fat scale I have been using, but I have no idea how accurate those things are!
    And I'm bad at dips, so I def need to work on that, thanks!!
    No worries

Re "bodyfat scale", BIA scales, handheld monitors, or anything that uses an electrical current to measure body composition are the most INaccurate ways to measure body composition. For a start, they are dependent upon how hydrated you are and a variety of other factors, including temperature, time of day, whether you have trained or eaten prior and how long ago that was, etc; and, unless your bodyfat is distributed evenly over your body (which for most people, it is NOT) then the reading is going to be far from accurate (i.e. scales only measure the body composition of your LOWER body; handheld devices measure your UPPER body or ONE SIDE of your body, etc. The reading you get is usually out by up to 10% bodyfat, and usually gives a higher reading. At best, if all factors are controlled, then it can provide a ballpark figure, or something that you can compare reading against reading to, but not to be taken as serious.

Never mind what you are like right now - you can and WILL get better! Remember that everyone has to start from somewhere. The more you do it and work at it, the better you'll become.

~Rosie~

25. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Rosie Chee View Post
    No worries

Re "bodyfat scale", BIA scales, handheld monitors, or anything that uses an electrical current to measure body composition are the most INaccurate ways to measure body composition. For a start, they are dependent upon how hydrated you are and a variety of other factors, including temperature, time of day, whether you have trained or eaten prior and how long ago that was, etc; and, unless your bodyfat is distributed evenly over your body (which for most people, it is NOT) then the reading is going to be far from accurate (i.e. scales only measure the body composition of your LOWER body; handheld devices measure your UPPER body or ONE SIDE of your body, etc. The reading you get is usually out by up to 10% bodyfat, and usually gives a higher reading. At best, if all factors are controlled, then it can provide a ballpark figure, or something that you can compare reading against reading to, but not to be taken as serious.

Never mind what you are like right now - you can and WILL get better! Remember that everyone has to start from somewhere. The more you do it and work at it, the better you'll become.

~Rosie~
    Thanks!!! Been staying strong!

26. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

So I know I haven't been on here in a while or consistently. My dad has been really struggling lately. He has diabetes, high cholesterol, and 10 stents in his heart.

It has slowly been getting worse over the years. Monday night, he went into the ER for chest pains. Turns out he has so much blockage and no more room for stents. He is scheduled for quadruple bypass open heart surgery on Monday. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!!

27. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by banthony22
    So I know I haven't been on here in a while or consistently. My dad has been really struggling lately. He has diabetes, high cholesterol, and 10 stents in his heart.

It has slowly been getting worse over the years. Monday night, he went into the ER for chest pains. Turns out he has so much blockage and no more room for stents. He is scheduled for quadruple bypass open heart surgery on Monday. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers!!
    Wish him the best of luck.
    Stay positive & keep ya head up.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com

28. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Answers

You and your family will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. My dad has a stent put in recently I know how scary that is. Hope you all are ok!

29. New Member
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Well the sugery was a success! My dad did great and is back home. He is just groggy and in pain, but so glad everything went well. It's been such a stressful time and I can't believe I made it through. I need a week to myself for my sanity. I also haven't been able to work out for a week because of everything that was going on!
    Back at it again today though, got some catching up to do!!!

On a side note, and a brighter note, I got second place in the sugar challenge I was in! I've lost 11 pounds and 5 inches!!!

30. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Well the sugery was a success! My dad did great and is back home. He is just groggy and in pain, but so glad everything went well. It's been such a stressful time and I can't believe I made it through. I need a week to myself for my sanity. I also haven't been able to work out for a week because of everything that was going on!
    Back at it again today though, got some catching up to do!!!

On a side note, and a brighter note, I got second place in the sugar challenge I was in! I've lost 11 pounds and 5 inches!!!
    Glad that things went well

And great results!

~Rosie~

31. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

Awesome work and good to hear about your dad.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Journey
    By nateparker584 in forum Pics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 12:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 10:54 PM
  3. My journey through the 5/3/1
    By bsandora in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-10-2010, 11:12 PM