My Journey..

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
  1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

That is why i do my cardio on an exercise bike or rower, a lot harder (for me at least) to fall off and bust my ass LOL

ManBeast
    -Saving random peoples' nuts, one pair at at time... PCT info:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/192992-pct-what-why.html
    -Are you really ready for a cycle? Read this link and be honest:
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/191120-checklist-before-thinking.html
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ManBeast View Post
    That is why i do my cardio on an exercise bike or rower, a lot harder (for me at least) to fall off and bust my ass LOL

ManBeast
    Haha...I blame the downpour, not my own spaziness!
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Weekend workout: 45 minute jog at a steady pace. Rain or Shine...please no more rain tomorrow.

Plie Squats on Toes, 20x (A)

Plank kicks, 20x each

Speed Squats, 25x (B)

Squat Jumps, 25x (C)

Repeat entire set 5x.

I almost died today completing this!
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Answers

Maybe I missed it, but every try sprint intervals?
    ~ IRON LIVER™________ *[It's just advice man, that's all it is! You can take or do whatever the FCUK you wanna do!]
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

I have before. I actually wanted to this weekend, but it's been monsooning here. I do love the intervals though. I actually think it's easier than running 3 miles at a steady pace, plus it burns more calories. I would like to do them more, but don't really have many places to run with it so cold and rainy here. Hopefully when the weather warms up I can get outside and do more!
  6. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by banthony22 View Post
    I have before. I actually wanted to this weekend, but it's been monsooning here. I do love the intervals though. I actually think it's easier than running 3 miles at a steady pace, plus it burns more calories. I would like to do them more, but don't really have many places to run with it so cold and rainy here. Hopefully when the weather warms up I can get outside and do more!
    If you don't want to go outside and do them in nasty weather, get yourself a skipping rope and do HIIT with that - the same time and intervals etc., as you would do outside sprinting.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  7. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Any food ideas I'm getting reallllllly bored with what I'm eating. Chicken, brown rice, green beans....turkey burger(no bun) brown rice green beans lol.
    Some baked Salmon a couple of times a week, and turkey tenderloin would be a great food rut breaker. Throw it in with your brown rice or sub the rice for a sweet potato serve with a cup or two of steamed broccoli. Try some regular lean cut tenderloin or butterfly pork chops as well.

You can use your ground turkey in different ways as well. Try making a turkey meatloaf out of it. Take roughly two packages of ground turkey and just add:
    1/3 - 1/2 cup flax seed ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hodgson-Mi...-of-8/17340084 single packs will only run you about 3 dollars)
    half a can of tomato sauce
    A quarter chopped onion
    2 tablespoons of egg whites

Mix together and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Top with some reduced sugar Ketchup ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Heinz-Toma...14-oz/12018211 ) and you have a meal for the next few days.

For your chicken, try some different spices. One of my favorites is Allegro (available and any grocery store in the condiments section). Let it marinade for 1hr or overnight and it makes things great. Just watch the sodium as it can add up. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Allegro-Original-Flavor-Marinade-12.7-fl-oz/10322133

~ Nothing can kill the Grimace!!

8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by prld2gr8ns View Post
    Some baked Salmon a couple of times a week, and turkey tenderloin would be a great food rut breaker. Throw it in with your brown rice or sub the rice for a sweet potato serve with a cup or two of steamed broccoli. Try some regular lean cut tenderloin or butterfly pork chops as well.

You can use your ground turkey in different ways as well. Try making a turkey meatloaf out of it. Take roughly two packages of ground turkey and just add:
    1/3 - 1/2 cup flax seed ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hodgson-Mi...-of-8/17340084 single packs will only run you about 3 dollars)
    half a can of tomato sauce
    A quarter chopped onion
    2 tablespoons of egg whites

Mix together and bake at 350 for 1 hour. Top with some reduced sugar Ketchup ( http://www.walmart.com/ip/Heinz-Toma...14-oz/12018211 ) and you have a meal for the next few days.

For your chicken, try some different spices. One of my favorites is Allegro (available and any grocery store in the condiments section). Let it marinade for 1hr or overnight and it makes things great. Just watch the sodium as it can add up. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Allegro-Original-Flavor-Marinade-12.7-fl-oz/10322133

Great ideas! Thanks. I am very cautious of my salt intake. I don't add salt to anything I make. I use Mrs. Dash seasonings and she has a bunch of different ones that are yummy. I'm def gonna try the turkey meatloaf idea.
  9. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Why u against salt? Blood pressure?
    I get about 2000-3000mg a day.
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Why u against salt? Blood pressure?
    I get about 2000-3000mg a day.
    I am in love with it and that's the problem. I know that salt makes you bloated. But I crave salty things and know that if I'm going to cheat its goin to be something with salt in it! So I gotta stay away from in my other meals or I will go overboard!
  11. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I use Mrs. Dash seasonings and she has a bunch of different ones that are yummy.
    Tomato Basil is my favorite. Makes everything taste like pizza .

Try the Garlic and Herb or Original with some mashed cauliflower for a nice mashed potato substitute. Just cook the cauliflower (either frozen in the bag or a floret head) until soft, remove from heat and drain water, then mash the crap out of it and add in your Mrs. Dash.

12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Tomato Basil is my favorite. Makes everything taste like pizza .

Try the Garlic and Herb or Original with some mashed cauliflower for a nice mashed potato substitute. Just cook the cauliflower (either frozen in the bag or a floret head) until soft, remove from heat and drain water, then mash the crap out of it and add in your Mrs. Dash.
    I have every kind she makes lol. I just bought the all in bulk haha! I never tried cauliflower...have to do that after the next grocery trip
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Starting a 30 day challenge I found online today. I just did the fit test which is what they rec. you doing to see what level you are on. I'm sure trainers do this when you start programs with them. So I guess this is like my trainers but free! It has videos of the workouts so I'm pretty excited to start this with my journey!!!

Here were my results for the fit test. I did each exercise for 50 seconds, and had 10 seconds in between each workout.

Squat Jumps: 29
    Push ups (I opted for girl ones right now) 15
    Burpees: 11
    High Knees: 75 ( I took a 10 second break before 50 seconds was up!!)
    Switch Jump Lunges: 20
    Tuck Jumps: 19
    Straight Abs : 16

I'm not sure how often we test ourselves to see how many we can do. Either way, this is my starting point. I'm going to go soak in ice water now! HA
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Starting a 30 day challenge I found online today. I just did the fit test which is what they rec. you doing to see what level you are on. I'm sure trainers do this when you start programs with them. So I guess this is like my trainers but free! It has videos of the workouts so I'm pretty excited to start this with my journey!!!

Here were my results for the fit test. I did each exercise for 50 seconds, and had 10 seconds in between each workout.

Squat Jumps: 29
    Push ups (I opted for girl ones right now) 15
    Burpees: 11
    High Knees: 75 ( I took a 10 second break before 50 seconds was up!!)
    Switch Jump Lunges: 20
    Tuck Jumps: 19
    Straight Abs : 16

I'm not sure how often we test ourselves to see how many we can do. Either way, this is my starting point. I'm going to go soak in ice water now! HA
    Great idea, it's always nice to get a baseline to see where your at that way you can compare to your end result! Keep it up!
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JajaNe20 View Post
    Great idea, it's always nice to get a baseline to see where your at that way you can compare to your end result! Keep it up!
    Yea i think so too. Im going to repeat the same test again at the 2 week mark and see how much ive improved. Im so sore right now though!!!
  16. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by banthony22

Yea i think so too. Im going to repeat the same test again at the 2 week mark and see how much ive improved. Im so sore right now though!!!
    Anything that gives you structure and a routine is half the process. The most important thing to keep in mind is consistency and persistence. There are few things you can not accomplish if you have those two things.

17. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Do you stretch afterwards or take hot showers? This sometimes helps me but other times I still get so sore no matter what! I don't think there is a solution to get rid of soreness but anything helps. Think of soreness as a positive as in "I know i worked hard yesterday because my body is beat!" Haha I tell myself this sometimes, but from what your saying you are doing well! Can't wait to see the improvements at the week 2 mark. Keep it up!!
  18. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

I used to do legs on friday for a whole summer in college cuz that's what my training partner did (and he was the "wiser" (lol) of us), and boy howdy was it fun walkin around to the parties friday and saturday nights... (and no, I didn't drink and ruin what I worked hard for, but I still had a blast ).

ManBeast
    *I am not a medical expert, my opinions are not professional, and I strongly suggest doing research of your own.*
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Do you stretch afterwards or take hot showers? This sometimes helps me but other times I still get so sore no matter what! I don't think there is a solution to get rid of soreness but anything helps. Think of soreness as a positive as in "I know i worked hard yesterday because my body is beat!" Haha I tell myself this sometimes, but from what your saying you are doing well! Can't wait to see the improvements at the week 2 mark. Keep it up!!
    I usually stretch, but sometimes I just lay there because i'm exerting myself and my body is trying to get acquainted with working out lol. I tried the shower last night, that was perfect. I guess I need to always stretch. I will get there! I def think when I feel sore that I did something right! Thanks, Im excited to see where I am in 2 weeks too.

I used to do legs on friday for a whole summer in college cuz that's what my training partner did (and he was the "wiser" (lol) of us), and boy howdy was it fun walkin around to the parties friday and saturday nights... (and no, I didn't drink and ruin what I worked hard for, but I still had a blast ).

LOL, I bet you looked funny. I'm like that now, but luckily I work with 19 6 year olds so they don't really care how I walk and they will run errands for me. Like get my more water and bring things to me so I don't have to walk much! Gotta love kids!

ManBeast
  20. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

I like kids as long as they are in small doses of time... (i.e. they go home with their parents LoL).

Although walkin around like a gunslinger wasn't always that bad... it was just going DOWN stairs that was the challenge...

ManBeast
  21. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

I like kids as long as they are in small doses of time... (i.e. they go home with their parents LoL).

Although walkin around like a gunslinger wasn't always that bad... it was just going DOWN stairs that was the challenge...

ManBeast
    LOL @ Gunslinger. You should just tell people to start calling you Roland when they see you walking like that.

22. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

LMAO, I hadn't read those books back then, but I have in the interim LoL

ManBeast
  23. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Best thing about the kids in my class is they do go home so I agree with you there! Best birth control for me right now lol
  24. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Best thing about the kids in my class is they do go home so I agree with you there! Best birth control for me right now lol
    Every time I go to WalMart I come out wanting to buy a vasectomy.

25. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

I'm doing the fit test again on Sunday. It will have been 2 weeks! i'll post up the results then. Should be an improvement although these workouts have been kicking my booty!!
  26. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Have you felt yourself (fitness level) improving these past weeks? If so then you should beat the old test no problem! Get em!
  27. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Just wanted to pop in and say keep pushing and keep doing the best that you can.

I live with a teacher and I know how long those days can be. You seem like you have a good base, keep working at it
  28. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Are you still going strong? Haven't got any recent updates, hopefully all is good.
  29. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Yeah, in for updates.

30. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Are you still going strong? Haven't got any recent updates, hopefully all is good.
    Sorry guys I fell off of here for a minute. I will update this later when I get off work and tell ya why I haven't been on here much! Thanks for checking in though!! Look for my updates later today!
  31. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

Glad to see you are still around.

ManBeast
  32. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry Guys! I am back around now. I was having some issues with some other posts on here (not this thread) that really turned me off of this site. So I stayed away for a while. But I'm back and hopefully have a better experience this time around.
    I am doing well on my journey though. I'm going to start working out in the morning because the afternoon is really just not working for me. I got some workouts sent to me from a trainer and I'm going to start following her meal plan which has me about 1200 calories a day.
    I have lost 5 pounds so far and I feel like I"m getting toner. I find myself able to do more of the exercises and my stamina has really gone up!

The only problems that I'm having are staying full during the day. I'm ravishing by 4 pm and don't know what to eat then. I need like a appetite supressant or something. But wouldn't even know what to take that would help. Any way, that's some updates on me.
    I'll post the meal plan and workout plan in a but!
  33. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Sorry Guys! I am back around now. I was having some issues with some other posts on here (not this thread) that really turned me off of this site. So I stayed away for a while. But I'm back and hopefully have a better experience this time around.
    I am doing well on my journey though. I'm going to start working out in the morning because the afternoon is really just not working for me. I got some workouts sent to me from a trainer and I'm going to start following her meal plan which has me about 1200 calories a day.
    I have lost 5 pounds so far and I feel like I"m getting toner. I find myself able to do more of the exercises and my stamina has really gone up!

The only problems that I'm having are staying full during the day. I'm ravishing by 4 pm and don't know what to eat then. I need like a appetite supressant or something. But wouldn't even know what to take that would help. Any way, that's some updates on me.
    Drink lots of water and get the fiber in. That should stave off your cravings. Eat the hell out of some crucifarous veggies at lunch to hold you over until your next meal. Heck, at 4 you should probably be eating again anyways. Just plan ahead.

Nice work on the 5lbs.

34. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

Sorry that there were some posts that turned ya off from the site for a while, gotta have a bit of a thick skin with all the high testosterone running rampant around here.

Definitely congrats on the 5 pounds and higher energy/more toned Like the purple people eater said, water and fiber definitely help.

ManBeast
  35. Sunz out, Gunz out...
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'10"  183 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by banthony22

Sorry about any post you may have seen.
    Some times on here we all get beside our selves.
    The post that affected u try were not directly related to you were they?

Either way, glad you are losing weight. I could never only eat only 1200 Cals.
    Have you thought about somewhere around 1500-1900 Cals with cardio and and minor weights involved for toning?

These guys had great suggestions, you may be ready for it you may not but OEP isn't a bad fat burner, look into that if you stall or need more energy. Personally I'm 195 pounds and 1 cap does me just fine... Look into it. That shouldn't be the first line of defense but it sure can help and u seem like you have everything else in order!
    Hardcore Purus Labs {Rep}
    Lift the fücking weight from the floor, or leave it on the ground. The thoughts are supposed to be daunting. The pain is meant to be tormenting.
    www.InsaneVeins.com
  36. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  XXX lbs.
    Answers

OEP is OxyElite Pro by the way, and yes, its a solid appetite suppressant/stimulant, lasts 6-8 hours for me, and 1 cap is fine for a good kick, 2 is a bit nuts for me and i'm 200+ lol.

ManBeast
  37. Registered User
    Stats
    5'2"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Glad to see you came back. Ignore the testosterone .. LOL

Congrats on the loss! That's awesome. I'd have to agree w/ maybe eating a little more. Or at least trying to get some more in on your heavy days. And eating light if you do just cardio or take a day off.
  38. Registered User
    Stats
    5'0"  124 lbs.
    Answers

Drink lots of water and get the fiber in. That should stave off your cravings. Eat the hell out of some crucifarous veggies at lunch to hold you over until your next meal. Heck, at 4 you should probably be eating again anyways. Just plan ahead.

Nice work on the 5lbs.
    Probably a stupid question here, BUT i have to ask. Does ground flaxseed have a lot of fiber? I thought about adding some to my shakes or to yogurt. I'll add some more veggies to my lunches, that way I can snack on them since most are "free" foods. And I would eat at 4, normally I eat at 3 and am still hungry at 4 lol. I guess I'm burning through stuff I dunno.

Sorry that there were some posts that turned ya off from the site for a while, gotta have a bit of a thick skin with all the high testosterone running rampant around here.

Definitely congrats on the 5 pounds and higher energy/more toned Like the purple people eater said, water and fiber definitely help.

ManBeast
    Skin is thicker now lol. I didn't know it was high testosterone forum, I searched female fitness forums and this came up. But now I know!
    Having more energy has really helped me to stay focused. Thanks for the congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronJP1 View Post
    Sorry about any post you may have seen.
    Some times on here we all get beside our selves.
    The post that affected u try were not directly related to you were they?

Either way, glad you are losing weight. I could never only eat only 1200 Cals.
    Have you thought about somewhere around 1500-1900 Cals with cardio and and minor weights involved for toning?

These guys had great suggestions, you may be ready for it you may not but OEP isn't a bad fat burner, look into that if you stall or need more energy. Personally I'm 195 pounds and 1 cap does me just fine... Look into it. That shouldn't be the first line of defense but it sure can help and u seem like you have everything else in order!
    They were directly related to me and I really didn't think that I deserved them. I was starting what I thought was a friendly thread, but clearly didn't pan out the way I thought it would. Rude comments were made at my expense that I didn't ask for, but either way, I guess it's my fault. I should have known better, I didn't think there were that many dbags on here, I think they all flocked to that thread. But any way, lesson learned.

I think the trainer has me only eating 1200 because my goal right now is weight loss. She told me once I met my goals that I could bump it back up. But I will ask her about that to clarify. I'm not paying her, so she's just doing this to be nice.

I will def look into that OEP, if it helps with cravings it should help me stay focused and eat healthier later. It's so hard to eat a balanced meal in 10 minutes which is what I get for lunch. I think this might be why I'm always so hungry. Either way, thanks for the tips!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lexagon View Post
    Glad to see you came back. Ignore the testosterone .. LOL

Congrats on the loss! That's awesome. I'd have to agree w/ maybe eating a little more. Or at least trying to get some more in on your heavy days. And eating light if you do just cardio or take a day off.

Thanks! I will ignore it from now on lol. Thank you on the congrats. I'm not too concerned with the actual number on the scale. Just want to be toned and feel better, and be able to beat any testosterone people up. JK!!
  39. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Answers

Well, regardless the only thing that matters is that your back and progressing well! If your starting to get hungry that's a good thing! I chew gum, drink a cup of coffee as well as the other statements that were already posted. You go girl! haha had to put that just had too!
  40. Idiot Savant
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Answers

Probably a stupid question here, BUT i have to ask. Does ground flaxseed have a lot of fiber? I thought about adding some to my shakes or to yogurt. I'll add some more veggies to my lunches, that way I can snack on them since most are "free" foods. And I would eat at 4, normally I eat at 3 and am still hungry at 4 lol. I guess I'm burning through stuff I dunno.
    Yes. It's basically all fiber and protein. Good choice. Invest in some birdseye steamable veggies to take with you so you can have a nice hefty dose of goodness for your lunch. It's much more tolerable then just eating raw vegetables all the time too.

•   

Similar Forum Threads

1. My Journey
    By nateparker584 in forum Pics
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 12:22 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-13-2010, 10:54 PM
  3. My journey through the 5/3/1
    By bsandora in forum Workout Logs
    Replies: 19