What should I take with CLA

summerstoys

Awards
Hi, I'm new here and I just started taking CLA. I just had a baby 4mos ago by c-section so I cannot do my normal workout(I used to do P90X 4 times a week and 1hr of cardio 3 times a week). Anyways, since I cannot do that now and I really want to loose the 25lbs of baby weight is there anything else I should/could take with the CLA to help me loose the weight with the little exercise that I am able to do? I have never taken any supplements before.
Thanks for your help

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
CLA isnt going to do much.....

Are you breast feeding? if so you want to pick out supps very carefully.

Green tea (ecgc) / fish oil / flax oil / vit C / B complex vit / multi vit

the green tea will speed up your metabolism. you ll get in your EFA's (fish/flax)....those have tons of benefits. the Vit C will take care of cortisol spikes and the b complex with there to metabolize fats for energy. They also help the breakdown of other macro's like carbs & protein.

but above all, losing BF or weight is a function of burning more cals than you take in.....So it all starts with your diet.

GL, b safe

summerstoys

Awards
No, Im not breast feeding. Thanks for the info:veryhappy:
I am on a low cal diet, but I'm just maintaining since I can't really workout.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hi, I'm new here and I just started taking CLA. I just had a baby 4mos ago by c-section so I cannot do my normal workout(I used to do P90X 4 times a week and 1hr of cardio 3 times a week). Anyways, since I cannot do that now and I really want to loose the 25lbs of baby weight is there anything else I should/could take with the CLA to help me loose the weight with the little exercise that I am able to do? I have never taken any supplements before.
Thanks for your help
As I say to everyone, don't concentrate on the SCALE WEIGHT, since it is IRrelevant - focus on your BODY COMPOSITION, since scale weight is no indicator of how much fat and muscle you have, and even the smallest change in hydration, type and time of food consumption, exercise, and time of day can affect it and have it fluctuating.

Despite not being able to train as you used to, you CAN still train and there are many things you can do re exercise - even walking or doing a floor routine at home will help; if you don't know what to do, then perhaps get yourself a trainer who can and will set something up for you.

As far as the fat loss, if you are NOT going to be active (and not breastfeeding - that in itself uses a lot of calories and can help a lot re losing pregnancy weight/fat), then your MAIN concern should be with your NUTRITION and NOT supplements. Supplements should only be there to SUPPLEMENT your nutrition (and training, where applicable), and if you're not going to be training then you really only need a multivitamin (since you can get all good fat and protein requirements from your diet). Forget about CLA - just get your good fats from things like nuts, seeds, olive oil. flaxseed oil, peanut butter, fish, etc.

So, NUTRITION is the KEY to your success. I recommend that you check out The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for tips and advice re nutrition for effective and successful fat loss.

No, Im not breast feeding. Thanks for the info:veryhappy:
I am on a low cal diet, but I'm just maintaining since I can't really workout.
You do NOT have to be on a low calorie and/or carbohydrate diet to effectively and successfully lose bodyfat, especially since "low calorie" may be TOO low (and you don't want to go too low) - you just need to be eating right for YOU re fat loss. For fat loss, as it mentions in The 3 Keys to Fat Loss, you should be eating mostly BELOW your Maintenance - you can find a calculation re Maintenance here (just remember that it is a guideline and although used as a starting point, your nutrition should be adjusted on a weekly basis dependent on results from that week).

You CAN do this! You know what you want - now make a PLAN and ACT on it! All the best!

~Rosie~

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lots of good information here. After reading this you said you started taking CLA. Is it pure CLA or is it mixed with EFA's. Example. I use a product by the name of Lean Gold EFA's with CLA from Labrada Nutrition. One thing that has not been noted is CLA primarily goes after your brown fat in the abdomen area. Not sure if you knew this or not. Now what I would suggest is really pay attention to the advise Rosie has given. She is very knowledgeable and could answer any questions you might have.

As far as a workout you should be able to use resistance bands with no effect on the mid section. Just an FYI.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
plug in your daily cals into a cal computer and see what it spits out. try a few. Than you will see how many cals you need for the day. than eat about 10-20% below that amount.....sure enough you will lose weight/BF

banthony22

banthony22

Awards
Where can I get vitamin b complex, I can't find it anywhere. Is it a separate pill or is it part of a multivitamin?!

Onlychevy6

Onlychevy6

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
have you tried clicking on the store link here on AM? If not you should be able to find it where in places like walmart in the pharmacy section or a nutrition store that sells vitamins

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where can I get vitamin b complex, I can't find it anywhere. Is it a separate pill or is it part of a multivitamin?!
You can get it as a separate product or in a multivitamin. Just do some searching - you can get them online (like Nutraplanet) or in stores (including supermarkets).

~Rosie~

banthony22

banthony22

Awards
Thanks I found that my multivitamin I have has some in them. I have been getting so sick lately I thought I wasn't getting enough vitamin c. I'm guessing it's just the 6 year olds I teach every day!

banthony22

banthony22

Awards
Lol kids aren't they wonderful..
Oh yes, WONDERFUL! Especially since they aren't mine! lol, jk...but yes they are great. They are the reason I come to work everyday, even when everyone else is trying to drag me down and politics, and no raises are trying to get me out. Kids are the best!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks I found that my multivitamin I have has some in them. I have been getting so sick lately I thought I wasn't getting enough vitamin c. I'm guessing it's just the 6 year olds I teach every day!
No worries :) There are plenty of reasons why you can be getting sick - it's not all about vitamins and minerals (although they can help boost your immune system). If that's the case, look into using something like Colostrum - I never got sick when I used this when I was cycling (the only downside was that I DID get sick if I missed so much as a day on it, though - although that could also just be because of the immense stress my body was under from training).

~Rosie~