New to the forum

OliviaRT

Awards
Hi, Im new to this forum, my boyfriend is actually on here too, hes been on for a while.. I am 24 yo about 5'3, 117lbs but really want to tone up. I have been in school for the past year and a half in an accelerated respiratory therapy program and gained about 10-15 lbs while in it. I used to work out but since I started this program it has made me very lazy and I guess I didnt always eat the best things either. I am really trying to eat better now and am trying to keep a workout schedule. I just really hate the way I look right now, Im not used to having the rolls that I have and it doesnt make me feel good, feels like I have to wear loose fitting shirts now... Dont get me wrong I do like some of the weight lol. But just not all of it. A lot went to my midsection. Just wondering if anyone can help me out, give me tips on how to lose this extra weight I dont want. I have an elliptical and am starting on that... I go at a regular pace then do periodic spints throughout the whole time. Then I do 200 crunches, thats all I have been doing lately. I dont have a gym membership (too expensive for a student lol) Oct. is my last month of school then I could find a job and have a life so I am a little limited to what I have. Any recommendations??? Thanks!!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi, Im new to this forum, my boyfriend is actually on here too, hes been on for a while.. I am 24 yo about 5'3, 117lbs but really want to tone up. I have been in school for the past year and a half in an accelerated respiratory therapy program and gained about 10-15 lbs while in it. I used to work out but since I started this program it has made me very lazy and I guess I didnt always eat the best things either. I am really trying to eat better now and am trying to keep a workout schedule. I just really hate the way I look right now, Im not used to having the rolls that I have and it doesnt make me feel good, feels like I have to wear loose fitting shirts now... Dont get me wrong I do like some of the weight lol. But just not all of it. A lot went to my midsection. Just wondering if anyone can help me out, give me tips on how to lose this extra weight I dont want. I have an elliptical and am starting on that... I go at a regular pace then do periodic spints throughout the whole time. Then I do 200 crunches, thats all I have been doing lately. I dont have a gym membership (too expensive for a student lol) Oct. is my last month of school then I could find a job and have a life so I am a little limited to what I have. Any recommendations??? Thanks!!
The factor that is going to determine whether you lose the fat or not is going to be your NUTRITION, so make sure that your NUTRITION is on target for fat loss for YOU! I don't mean being silly by drastically restricting or eliminating carbohydrates or calories, but finding what works for you, a plan you can STICK to and be CONSISTENT with.

I recommend downloading and reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive information on nutrition, supplementation (only the basics required), and training (sample training programme for beginner and experienced trainees included) for effective and successful fat loss.

As far as training, weights ARE the best exercise for you to do re fat loss, but you CAN modify and adapt resistance training routines to use bodyweight, plyometrics, etc. and areas like parks, jungle gyms, the pool, etc. See the article here on ideas for how to structure a training session if you don't have access to a gym.

For more information on fat loss and what to do re nutrition and training, check out the articles here.

All the best!

~Rosie~

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 19
Beau General Chat 29
Anabolics 3
Dirty Dan General Chat 14
Cycle Logs 2