Tonalin CLA / Body Confidence - Advice needed

CeCe

Awards
Hi Everyone,

I came across this site and it seems very informative and hoping i can learn and get in better shape.

Currently I am taking Tonalin CLA 1200 per capsules ( i take 4 per day two caps with two meals) I was wondering if this actually works? and if i am taking it correctly.

I aslo read the book Body Confidence and it seems like the most logical and safest way to lose weight which is by decreasing bodyfat. I am approaching 30 and have alway been pretty petite but the last two years i notice my bodyfat increases and pants no longer fit me. It is very depressing. I do alot of cardio and kickboxing. I know i should up my weight training.. i just dont no what would be most effective for me.

My food is rarely consistent i do it pretty healthy with the occasional binge. But i like to eat alot at one sitting and body confidence wants u to break it up into 250 cal meals every three hours. Also, i have very bad digestive problems,, IBS (spastic colon) so i dont have regular bowel movements which i think affect my weight loss effects...

Any suggestions - i mean anything would be greatly appreciated.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hi Everyone,

I came across this site and it seems very informative and hoping i can learn and get in better shape.

Currently I am taking Tonalin CLA 1200 per capsules ( i take 4 per day two caps with two meals) I was wondering if this actually works? and if i am taking it correctly.

I aslo read the book Body Confidence and it seems like the most logical and safest way to lose weight which is by decreasing bodyfat. I am approaching 30 and have alway been pretty petite but the last two years i notice my bodyfat increases and pants no longer fit me. It is very depressing. I do alot of cardio and kickboxing. I know i should up my weight training.. i just dont no what would be most effective for me.

My food is rarely consistent i do it pretty healthy with the occasional binge. But i like to eat alot at one sitting and body confidence wants u to break it up into 250 cal meals every three hours. Also, i have very bad digestive problems,, IBS (spastic colon) so i dont have regular bowel movements which i think affect my weight loss effects...

Any suggestions - i mean anything would be greatly appreciated.
First, welcome to AM :)

Second, I am only going to post here once, since there are multiple threads in the Female Fitness subforum covering the topics of training and nutrition for fat loss - take a look around and browse through a few threads (thread titles usually easily give away their content).

CLA takes time to work. Supplemented it's a waste of time though, IMO, and you're better off just getting your good fats from olive oil, peanut butter, fish, etc.

Decreasing weight and decreasing bodyfat are not the same thing, although if one loses weight they might lose bodyfat and vice versa.

Re weights, if you're a competitive kickboxer, then your resistance training should take this into account re performance. If you're not competitive, then full-body sessions with compound, multijoint exercises ~3 times a week with a day between them is probably the best thing for you to do. In saying that, you don't say a lot about what you are doing and have done, and your training programme should be specifically designed with YOU in mind for your goals and needs.

Individualization is the same for your nutrition, so you should take that into consideration re diet. Whether you eat a lot in one sitting (I often eat ~4,000 calories in a single meal - no sh*t!) or break your daily calories up over several meals (as mentioned) is up to you. At the end of the day, you have to use and follow a nutrition plan that you can be CONSISTENT with. Your nutrition also needs to cater to your goals and needs.

You can lose weight and bodyfat without regular bowel movements. However, NOT having regular bowel movements is a health issue - since you ahve IBS, very probably caused by this. Look into using priobiotics or maybe laxatives sometimes to aid in this, or perhaps see a medical professional about it.

Re fat loss, this can be done very effectively and successfully, no matter who you are or what your training experience is. NUTRITION is the primary factor that determines the success (or lack of it) re fat loss for the majority. Then training. There is no "one size fits all" approach - for example, some people diet ridiculously, whilst others like me don't diet but train very hard and intense. Experiment to find out what your body responds best to is the best way to do it - you can start off with a "base" nutrition plan and training programme, but if you do, I recommend adjusting it weekly based on your results from that week, so that you get and continue making progress. Your "diet" should be a LIFESTYLE DIET and it should be SPECIFIC TO YOU, no matter how different or unconventional it is to everyone else - definitely needs to take into consideration your IBS.

I recommend downloading and reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - it contains comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation (only the basics required), and training (including a sample resistance training programme for either a beginner - which you sounds like - or experienced trainee) for effective and successful fat loss. Apply those principles, individualize everything, and start seeing results. If you don't know what you're doing, even after research, then I recommend getting yourself a trainer who can and will design a training programme and nutrition plan specific to YOUR goals and needs.

~Rosie~