girlfriend can't lose weight

s7mgte

Awards
My girlfriend goes to the gym everyday and goes hard. Does about 45 minutes of cardio and trains muscles as well. She also doesnt drink any alcohol and eats super clean. Shes about 5'6 and weighs 180. She is mainly big boned with a muscular frame and not in bad shape but has this cellulite on her legs primarily and can't get to where she wants to be. she cant lose no matter what. Shes trying to get to 140-150 but cant budge from her weight. Does anyone have any ideas to try? We both know a ton about training and nutrition but this is just weird.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My girlfriend goes to the gym everyday and goes hard. Does about 45 minutes of cardio and trains muscles as well. She also doesnt drink any alcohol and eats super clean. Shes about 5'6 and weighs 180. She is mainly big boned with a muscular frame and not in bad shape but has this cellulite on her legs primarily and can't get to where she wants to be. she cant lose no matter what. Shes trying to get to 140-150 but cant budge from her weight. Does anyone have any ideas to try? We both know a ton about training and nutrition but this is just weird.
For one, she does not have to go to the gym EVERY day, nor does she need to train re cardio AND weights EVERY time she trains - RECOVERY is ESSENTIAL for progress to be made, and if she's not giving herself that recovery time, then that is just one reason why she may not be making progress.

Something else to consider is her nutrition. "Eats super clean" means nothing if she is eating too little or not enough, specific to her goals and needs.

Cellulite is like bodyfat anywhere else - it will go with leaning, which is a product of the correct nutrition and training for a specific individual.

SCALE weight should NOT be her focus - overall body mass is IRrelevant; she should be concentrating on her BODY COMPOSITION. For example, if she's relatively lean at 180, then for her to get to 140-150, she might have to sacrifice a lot of lean muscle mass to get there, which is not really desirable. If she's not that lean, then you need to find out what her body composition is, set a target body composition, and calculate her "ideal" weight at that body composition, since she wants to maintain as much (ideally ALL) of her current lean mass to get there.

If she's not able to make progress in the direction she wants to, then the first two factors to look at are NUTRITION AND TRAINING, period. Reassess what she is currently doing and adjust it for her goals NOW. She may not be eating right for her, she may be training too much or not training optimally for her goals - knowing "a ton about training and nutrition" means nothing if you cannot put your knowledge into practice.

Knowledge is also not everything, and there are many anomalies to what is "known" and "accepted" - I know this from personal experience - and whilst one can use what they know as a basis to start from, you have to experiment to find out what works effectively for YOU in getting where you want to be. Experimenting never ends either, since what worked one time does not and will not always work another, as our body is constantly changing.

I respect that you have knowledge on training and nutrition, but I recommend reviewing some of the articles at Fat Loss for some ideas re other possible angles to attack this issue from.

~Rosie~

Gerret

Awards
She would not have a proper diet plan in order to lose her weight...
Try to set a proper diet plan for her weight loss process..

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
If she's doing exactly what your saying she should be losing weight. As mentioned she does need proper rest so 1-2 days off a wk should help if she's trains as hard as your saying. Next her diet must have a couple things that could be changed.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
Maybe go to the doc and see If there is an under lying thyroid issue.

Orangatang

Orangatang

Awards
  • Established
as was said before, eating super clean doesn't mean eating below maintenance. For one to lose weight calories in minus calories out (Basal metabolic rate + calories burned) must yeild a negative value.

ADB1

Awards
I go to the gym 5 days a week, and I am struggling as well.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Post up your diet, include amounts in oz or cups or as close an estimate as you can get to the amount.

ADB1

Awards
Monday: Chest-30min cadio at end
Tuesday: Arms
Wed: Legs-30min cardio at end
Thurs: Shoulders/Back
Friday: Abs-30 min cardio at end.

I drink Pro-Nos (2scoops) in the morning for breakfast and eat 2 egg whites.
Lunch just depends.
After work out: Scivation Whey 2scoops.
Dinner: just depends on the day.
Then I drink Elite XT 1scoop before bed.

I really want to lean up and cut. I have thought about Anavar and maybe now even Alpha-T2.

What are your thoughts?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really diet is king. "depends" for me for lunch covers a range from 300-1800 calories. So nailing that down will be critical to success.

but the alpha t2 is a better first shot than anavar.

ADB1

Awards
For lunch I usually eat a salad...nothing over 700 cals. Is it safe to run them both?

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Safe and (for women) anavar really can't fit in the same sentence...

You are better off trying to reduce daily calories by 100-200 and just using the alpha t2

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at the information given in my posts above (and in the other thread of the OP's, as well as throughout the Female Fitness subforum - there us PLENTY of information there, and you should take the time to look, as those of us have taken the time to answer it all, instead of repeating it multiple times over, as has already been done).

Monday: Chest-30min cadio at end
Tuesday: Arms
Wed: Legs-30min cardio at end
Thurs: Shoulders/Back
Friday: Abs-30 min cardio at end.

I drink Pro-Nos (2scoops) in the morning for breakfast and eat 2 egg whites.
Lunch just depends.
After work out: Scivation Whey 2scoops.
Dinner: just depends on the day.
Then I drink Elite XT 1scoop before bed.

I really want to lean up and cut. I have thought about Anavar and maybe now even Alpha-T2.

What are your thoughts?
There is no need for you to use Anavar - consideration of it should not even be an option. And you don't need to use Alpha-T2 either, honestly. Just make sure that you get your NUTRITION in order - set it up for fat loss for YOU; don't guess or just do whatever, but take the time to do it, and if you can't be bothered or don't know how, then get yourself a professional or a trainer who WILL.

For lunch I usually eat a salad...nothing over 700 cals. Is it safe to run them both?
See my notes above.

~Rosie~

ADB1

Awards
Thank you both. I have been looking around here all day and have learned quite a bit of information. I guess I just want to see these last 10lbs go away! I have been putting my all into it for over a year and I guess I want to hurry the process along. My diet is pretty good, like everyone I do make mistakes. I eat less than 1,700 calories a day and I get my carbs in before 1pm.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you both. I have been looking around here all day and have learned quite a bit of information. I guess I just want to see these last 10lbs go away! I have been putting my all into it for over a year and I guess I want to hurry the process along. My diet is pretty good, like everyone I do make mistakes. I eat less than 1,700 calories a day and I get my carbs in before 1pm.
No worries :)

Don't focus on the scale weight (it is IRrelevant) - focus on your BODY COMPOSITION, since that will give you a far better indicator of what you REALLY have to lose (if anything).

Maybe you need more than 1,700 calories a day - just a thought, especially with your exercise (for example, I am 5'1.8" at 115 pounds, and for fat loss, I still have ~4,000 calories a day). When you have carbohydrates does not really matter re fat loss, as long as your nutrition is targeted at fat loss (I often eat a huge amount just before bed). As with anything, though, find what works for you, and never forget to keep adjusting it based on your progress and results.

~Rosie~

Kutrik

Awards
Hey Everyone, She would not have a proper diet plan in order to lose her weight. I think she try to set proper diet plan for weight loss process.

STPlover

STPlover

Awards
Drop the shakes, those should only be used when you want to put on wieght. Diet is king when youre trying to lean out, and a SALAD? I hope theres some protien and good fat in that salad.

And scrap the cardio sessions and maybe adopt some interval traing, or something with high intensity.

WhatsaRoid?

WhatsaRoid?

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Great thread, I found progressing in swimming the main factor helping me and my wife lose weight. I use to run but I noticed a dramatic change once I started swimming laps after my workouts. But like they all said, all the hard work and supplements in the world will not replace a good diet for overall health and fitness. Start at the diet and the rest will come faster then you think.