Help for my girl friend

1. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Question Help for my girl friend

My girl friend is not fat by any means. she has the normal girl chub which she has finally decided to get in the gym for real this time and get rid of. What she has is the lower belly fat (love handles) and some fat around her arm pit(i suspect from her big boobs). she wants me to build her a workout plan for when she starts. the only problem is i dont know what girls do to get "toned" verse what us guys to to get "ripped". she is going to kick start her weight loss with some supplements and thermos. any help is big help. she wants to for the most part tone up her belly and arm/chest area.

2. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ProPopper View Post
    My girl friend is not fat by any means. she has the normal girl chub which she has finally decided to get in the gym for real this time and get rid of. What she has is the lower belly fat (love handles) and some fat around her arm pit(i suspect from her big boobs). she wants me to build her a workout plan for when she starts. the only problem is i dont know what girls do to get "toned" verse what us guys to to get "ripped". she is going to kick start her weight loss with some supplements and thermos. any help is big help. she wants to for the most part tone up her belly and arm/chest area.
    There is no such thing as "toning". Toning is a) losing bodyfat, b) gaining muscle mass, or c) losing bodyfat whilst gaining muscle mass (i.e. recomping).

There is also no difference in the way males and females should do resistance training - the only difference is usually the weights lifted. I suggest that you read Do women require a different approach to strength training? for further clarification.

She's just getting started into training properly - she does NOT need supplements (if she's going to use anything, the basic staples are enough, and even then she probably won't need them all, as she should be able to get all her good fat, protein and BCAAs requirements from her diet), but should focus on her NUTRITION AND TRAINING.

She can't spot reduce where she wants the fat lose from - like you cannot empty a pool of water from one side only; it will go from all over.

I recommend reading the following articles:
    * The 3 Keys to Fat Loss - contains comprehensive information and advice on nutrition, supplements (only the basics needed) and training for fat loss, including a sample training programme for a beginner.
    * The Essential 8 Exercises That Will Get You Ripped! - explains what exercises should be included in a resistance training programme for effective fat loss.
    * Transform Your Tummy With These 8 Tips -tips that can help change the appearance of the midsection.

If she's just starting out, I actually recommend that she gets a trainer who will design her a training programme (AND nutrition plan - can't forget nutrition, since that's what is going to make or break one's success with fat loss!) written specifically for HER for your goals and needs.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  190 lbs.

Thanks ill look in to those. she isnt just starting its just all she does now is maybe 3 days a week of just running so she just has a few spots she is looking to work on.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by ProPopper View Post
    Thanks ill look in to those. she isnt just starting its just all she does now is maybe 3 days a week of just running so she just has a few spots she is looking to work on.
    No worries

Remember, in order of importance:
    1. Nutrition
    2. Training
    3. Recovery

Supplements are the LAST thing she needs to look at - get the other factors right and she will see results, and, being a newbie, progress will be rapid for a few weeks, so she should take advantage of that by starting out doing things right.

All the best to her in her fat loss endeavours.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. need help for girl friend
    By andrewchap in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 04:24 PM
  2. Man murders girl friend's computer
    By ABNRanger in forum General Chat
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 12:44 PM
  3. help for a girl
    By Pirate in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 14