No testosterone - is it a problem for gaining muscle/ losing fat?

calderacat

Awards
Hi all, forum newbie here. I've been pretty athletic all my life but have never made significant gains despite weight training. My current stats are 5'7'' 135 lbs, which is the heaviest I've ever been (because of meds).
Over the last several years I've had many blood tests for medical reasons, and something that I've noticed is that "testosterone" is always at 0. I'm wondering whether this has an impact on my body composition.
Another factor is that I've been vegan since my early teens (now 20 yo), although I go out of my way to get sufficient amounts of protein (mainly soy and legume sources).
If anyone could provide some insight on what influence my lack of testosterone and non-meaty diet could have, I would really appreciate it!:wink1:

EddyRay

EddyRay

Awards
Simple.

0 Test. = 0 Gains.
Soya proteins stimulate Estrogen further, thus inhibiting muscle gains even more.

Animal proteins are the best sources. There is no way you can gain muscle with 0 testosterone and as a vegan.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not sure what the tests were and what results were really being displayed, but I am sure your test is not really at "0"

I would suggest getting some labs done looking for this specifically if you are interested. Just talk to your doc about it. If you would rather not get it done that way you can get it done via independent labs.

Here is a link to get cheap blood work done...

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/157529-cheap-bloodwork-how.html

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ditto what copycat said :)

if you are 20 and have had 0 testosterone for years then you wouldn't have developed facial hair, your testicles would be tiny as well as your penis, etc, so i'm sure that you are either misreading it, or testosterone wasn't tested but is printed on the sheet for some other reason.

BigBlackGuy

BigBlackGuy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
ditto what copycat said :)

if you are 20 and have had 0 testosterone for years then you wouldn't have developed facial hair, your testicles would be tiny as well as your penis, etc, so i'm sure that you are either misreading it, or testosterone wasn't tested but is printed on the sheet for some other reason.
I don't remember him saying he had a full beard or a giant penis though lol

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yeah, but he'd be a big fat feminine eunuch if he actually had 0 testosterone