Weight After Pregnancy

P

patrikcainan

Awards
I used to be fit until I was pregnant. I was a special case, and as a result I was told by doctors to stay off my feet as much as possible throughout the duration of the pregnancy. After that I found myself overweight and continuing to gain.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to be fit until I was pregnant. I was a special case, and as a result I was told by doctors to stay off my feet as much as possible throughout the duration of the pregnancy. After that I found myself overweight and continuing to gain.
First, :welcome: to AM.

If you're not happy with the weight you have gained, then do something about it. I recommend that you read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss, an article that comprehensively covers nutrition and training for effective and successful fat loss, and follow the principles outlined in it.

If you can't design a nutrition plan and training programme for yourself based on that and your previous fitness history, then I recommend that you get yourself a trainer who can and will individualize them for you specific to YOUR goals and needs.

~Rosie~

M

Meme88

Awards
Hey, Congrats and welcome to AM :)
I just recently posted something similar to this. I gave birth on June 11, 2010 to a beautiful baby girl. I too used to be active and fit but closer to my pregnancy I had some complications. I was put on bed rest and thats when it all started. I also gained weight after birth and just completely let myself go.
I took the advice of Rosie (post above) and it has been great.
I began with 5lb dumbbells following the exercises in Rosie "3 keys to fat loss" for beginners. I am now up to 10lbs and am feeling great. I eat healthier and am motivated and determined.
Hang in there! I suggest you read the "3 keys of fat loss" and also a book "burn the fat, feed the muscle." I could provide you with a free pdf file if you are interested.

M

marklee

Awards
Breastfeeding is the best way to lose weight after pregnancy it burns more calories than exercise alone. So, If you eat healthy and breastfeed before your doctor gives you consent to exercise you would burn just as many calories as if you had added the exercise in your daily activities. Also, breast milk is enriched with plenty of vitamins and nutrients to help your baby develop it's brain and fight off colds.