any other women on the forum doing the keto diet, or form of?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  138 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.5%

any other women on the forum doing the keto diet, or form of?

Just curious what others are going through on their keto diets... this is my 3rd time trying the SKD, and I love it, always positive results.

I keep my protein intake typically around 135g per day split up between 5 or 6 meals. I try to keep my carbs >15g a day, and add in healthy fats throughout the day too.

I do an intense spin class for an hour 3 days out of the week, and fill in the remaining days with a fast-paced walk on the treadmill. Still working on some sort of weight training routine, as I'd like to get a nice toned look going.

Have any of you gotten away with more than 15g of carbs a day? What sort of cardio workouts would you recommend? Do any of you keep track of your caloric intake while doing keto, or just stick to high-protein low/no-carb?

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by spinNinja View Post
    Just curious what others are going through on their keto diets... this is my 3rd time trying the SKD, and I love it, always positive results.

I keep my protein intake typically around 135g per day split up between 5 or 6 meals. I try to keep my carbs >15g a day, and add in healthy fats throughout the day too.

I do an intense spin class for an hour 3 days out of the week, and fill in the remaining days with a fast-paced walk on the treadmill. Still working on some sort of weight training routine, as I'd like to get a nice toned look going.

Have any of you gotten away with more than 15g of carbs a day? What sort of cardio workouts would you recommend? Do any of you keep track of your caloric intake while doing keto, or just stick to high-protein low/no-carb?
    For starters, there are not many women on this forum - they come and go, never staying very long or consistently (the only ones really are Christine and I).

I have never done a keto diet and probably never will. I have at least 100g or more of carbohydrates a day and do not believe in eliminating or restricting them so excessively, even for fat loss - if that is your goal (and anything less than 50g of carbohydrates a day at a minimum is going to be detrimental to fat loss).

HIIT cardio or high intensity sessions are best.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  138 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.5%

... well that's disappointing. i sorta figured that though - with the threads being older and the replys few and far in between. Maybe I should just keep my postings in the main portion forum.

to carb or not to carb... the great debate. As much as I love the keto diet, I do believe I can get away with a lot more carbs than I'm taking in now. I'm going to do some experimenting before the warm weather hits and see what sort of results I get.

But you're 100% right nothing beats HIIT cardio.
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  117 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    62.52%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

... well that's disappointing. i sorta figured that though - with the threads being older and the replys few and far in between. Maybe I should just keep my postings in the main portion forum.

to carb or not to carb... the great debate. As much as I love the keto diet, I do believe I can get away with a lot more carbs than I'm taking in now. I'm going to do some experimenting before the warm weather hits and see what sort of results I get.

But you're 100% right nothing beats HIIT cardio.
    That's the way it goes on most forums such as this - if you want more females, etc. (and all the drama that goes along on the other boards), the bb.com is where they're mostly at, but if you're more serious and want to be on the best board, then stay here.

It depends on the individual. I don't believe in low or restrictive carbohydrates diets and I regularly have ~400g or more of carbohydrates on a daily basis. You just have to find what works best for you for your goals and needs.

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'2"  138 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    25.5%

i frequent bb.com for articles, supplements etc, and even browse the forums there sometimes too... there's so much pea****ing amongst the guys there I could only imagine how the female posters are.

i enjoy reading a lot of the threads here... think I'll stick around for a bit :]
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

How's the keto coming along? I'm thinking about starting it and have been doing quite a bit of research. Curious on your progress...and any tips/pointers so far?
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  147 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0%

Hi I'm new to this site but not new at all to bodybuilding and dieting. I did keto from Nov 2010 to Dec 2010 and felt it was great for losing fat fast but I lost too much muscle on it. I kept my cals around 1600-1800 ate 185g pro, 10g carbs and 75g fat I've found that intense cardio on keto will waste muscle fast. There's my experience. I'm 8 weeks out from a Figure Comp this July and I'm doing extremely low cal with carb cycling (all whole foods so I feel full all the time) I've never looked better and I've kept all my muscle.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  185 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.23%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

My woman isn't on the board, but after a 14 week keto diet, she lost 65 lbs. We did not count calories at all... only carbs. We never went over 20 carbs a day. Every 4th sunday we would have a carb-up (cheat) day and eat whatever and however much we wanted. I went from 225 to 185. Lean and cut up. We are now off the keto diet but only eating "good" carbs. She is doing T4 and I am doing ECA's, cardio in the morning and lifting in the evenings.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'1"  125 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.03%

keto diet worked very well for me! Still on it, i stick to 25 carbs a day not coming from anyform of Gluten.
  10. Professional Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    21.03%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I started the keto diet last week so I'm a newbie to it! I've been on it for one week and carbed up last Saturday. Looking back I should have waited at least a few weeks before refeeding. This week I am starting anew! So far my weight has been about the same, -1 or 2 lbs, and I believe that is directly correlated to my diet (didn't keep it in check or count calories.) I try to keep carbs as low as possible, so most of my carb intake comes directly from veggies. I'm not taking any sort of whey protein powder at the moment, but that is a personal choice. I do cardio in the a.m. 5x week before I eat and lift 3x week. Redwolf, those are awesome results! Hopefully if I keep at it I will achieve similar results!
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    56.5%

I agree HIIT training is the best workout for cardio! I was having the hardest time with it at the beginning doing it around the block, I just felt like I was tiring out at the end and not keeping my speeds consistent. I just recently purchased my own treadmill on nordictrackcoupons.com and am having better results now. Being able to push the speed, making myself go faster, has really helped. If any of you were having that same problem try the workout on a treadmill.
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

I'm doing the keto diet and it is awesome. I feel so much better, it must be from me eliminating gluten. I swear I feel like a whole new person:-) The diet is a breeze...lol who knew... I am 20 carbs or less and no more than 1000 calories. I'm not sure why I feel so much better and full of energy but I LOVE it!!!

I take vitamins but no supplements yet because I feel so good. I feel I don't need them and in the past I am prone to headaches and migraines. I'm afraid to try anything that would speed me up due to the possibility of a migraine or headache. I can't even drink coffee without getting a terrible headache.
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.9%

I haven't tried the keto diet but I'm getting read to start the Lean Gains/IF Diet! Good luck to you!!
    MUSCLE GAUGE NUTRITION - Sponsor
    See more updates on Muscle Gauge Nutrition's Facebook and Twitter @MGNutrition
    Discount Code : AC25 25% off all product only from www.mgnstore.com
  14. New Member
    Stats
    5'3"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33%

Its been 7 days on the Fat Fast/keto diet/kekwick diet, I've lost 14 lbs. I can't believe it dropped like THAT!!! I feel good and have been telling all my friends about it. It feels easy to me but I think I'm just really READY. Because my friends looked at it and were like, 'how can you stick to that??' lol Who knew, I actually have bones under all this Jelly:-) I'm giving the Michelin man back his bloated suit(thank God). I'll Keep you guys posted.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anabolic diet/keto a good diet for me?
    By johnyq in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 01-29-2008, 11:31 AM
  2. Looking for a similar forum for women for my wife
    By BigJimCalhoun in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 08:02 PM
  3. OT - Forum Like This One for Women?
    By kincaiddave in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-22-2006, 12:39 PM
  4. New Forum for Diet/Health/Nutrition/Supplement/Vitamin/ Forum