interval training with weights question

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  220 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.5%

Smile interval training with weights question

just got home from jogging/power walking 5 miles, with 2.5 lb weights strapped to each ankle. Most of the time I jog 5 miles, but not always with the weights. I like the way it tones my backside and according to a cardio trainer app I have, I burned 682 calories! Unfortunately there is no way to put in the 5 lbs of extra weight that I strapped on (unless you count that towards your whole body weight...) so I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how much using weights helps with calories when doing cardio

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  114 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.83%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybunny View Post
    just got home from jogging/power walking 5 miles, with 2.5 lb weights strapped to each ankle. Most of the time I jog 5 miles, but not always with the weights. I like the way it tones my backside and according to a cardio trainer app I have, I burned 682 calories! Unfortunately there is no way to put in the 5 lbs of extra weight that I strapped on (unless you count that towards your whole body weight...) so I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how much using weights helps with calories when doing cardio
    That five pounds is an extra five pounds re mass, so to simplify it, you would add five more pounds to your body mass.

In saying that, you really can't count how much adding weights does to your caloric expenditure re cardio - the same as you cannot really calculate your complete caloric expenditure during any kind of exercise (there ARE estimates re calories per minute tables for different activities, but they are really just ESTIMATES), since so many factors come into play (i.e. sex, body mass, hydration, last meal, body temperature, etc.).

~Rosie~
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. fat loss and interval training
    By Shavani in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-04-2011, 12:36 PM
  2. Interval Training.... YES!!!!!!!!
    By keeper in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 04:11 AM
  3. Halovar log, weights + training MMA
    By budomonkey in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 1