Fat Burner for Women

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Hey ladies, I need some help. My wife and I were both considerably overweight and started losing weight almost two years ago. I managed to get down to my target weight and then started working on putting on some muscle fairly quickly, but she's had a tougher time with it. She's lost about 60 lbs. and is looking a LOT better and is physically capable of a lot more now, but she still has some weight left to lose and gets discouraged (might have something to do with me not cutting anymore). I try to be encouraging, but don't want to be the reason she does it and I don't want her to resent me in thinking she has to do it because *I* want her to. That's not the case at all.

Anyway, she's tried a couple fat burners and I honestly believe it's mental more than anything. When she's on something, she makes more of a point to watch her diet more closely. But, be that as it may, she wanted me to look around for reviews and see if there's anything "good" she could take, preferably with a good appetite suppressant.

She works out 5-6 days a week, some weights, but mostly cardio. She's actually very strong, but the cardio is more interesting for her, so she does it more often. I doubt she's interested in changing up her routine, but if anyone knows of something she can take for appetite control/fat burning, please let me know. Thanks!

-j

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DS's Lean Xtreme, Nutraplanet's TeaGCG, and Genomyx new HEAT Stack would make for a very potent non-stim stack.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey ladies, I need some help. My wife and I were both considerably overweight and started losing weight almost two years ago. I managed to get down to my target weight and then started working on putting on some muscle fairly quickly, but she's had a tougher time with it. She's lost about 60 lbs. and is looking a LOT better and is physically capable of a lot more now, but she still has some weight left to lose and gets discouraged (might have something to do with me not cutting anymore). I try to be encouraging, but don't want to be the reason she does it and I don't want her to resent me in thinking she has to do it because *I* want her to. That's not the case at all.

Anyway, she's tried a couple fat burners and I honestly believe it's mental more than anything. When she's on something, she makes more of a point to watch her diet more closely. But, be that as it may, she wanted me to look around for reviews and see if there's anything "good" she could take, preferably with a good appetite suppressant.

She works out 5-6 days a week, some weights, but mostly cardio. She's actually very strong, but the cardio is more interesting for her, so she does it more often. I doubt she's interested in changing up her routine, but if anyone knows of something she can take for appetite control/fat burning, please let me know. Thanks!

-j
Kudos to her for losing the fat, but unless she's already relatively lean, then there's really no point in using a fat burner - definitely making a "mental" thing/placebo effect more than anything, since she won't see much results/effects if she's got a high body composition (or, more correctly, any effects are not going to be noticeable).

Tell her to forget the cardio - it's the RESISTANCE training that's going to give her the most benefits re fat loss! Get her to read The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for comprehensive advice and information on nutrition, supplementation, and training for effective and successful fat loss.

If she is going to use something anyway (which she should, IMO - she should just CHANGE things up!), then there are plenty of threads asking this very same question - do a search. To start you off, read post #3 at http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/164586-female-fat-burner.html#post2660989.

~Rosie~

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I know resistance is going to get her more mileage (and I think she does too), but right now I don't think there's any chance she'll be switching over as she's kind of down about the whole thing anyway. When I try to give too many suggestions, she gets the impression I'm telling her what to do for me, so I tread lightly. She goes through phases where she does everything spot on for a month or two, then kind of gets bored or irritated that she can't have fast food, etc.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
And to be fair, she does some resistance training, just not a lot. She tends to do the cardio flavored resistance stuff like kettle bells, Jillian Michaels, etc.

P

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
Let me shine my wisdom down upon you. I had posted this in another thread, a simple copy/paste works. Here you go..

My advice to women who want to lose fat through supplements...

This is a twofer for all you ladies out there(sometimes even a three-fer if your man knows what he is doing lol)

Skip the supps, have more sex with your bf/husband. Get more involved in the activity, i.e. on top, more thrusting, different positions. This will not only help you burn off some calories, work your core, but also please your fellow. Again, if he knows what hes doing, there is a bonus in it for you too.

lol, thank you...

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
You have no idea how often on a cardio day that she's like, "Hey...I have a better idea..."

oufinny

oufinny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You have no idea how often on a cardio day that she's like, "Hey...I have a better idea..."
And you answer back with "when you get back we can have another session together, just hte two of us!"

P

Pipes

Awards
  • Established
My answer would not be 'when you get back' it would be 'sounds good, get nekkid woman'

phunkyb

phunkyb

Awards
I would say any fat burners that work for men will work for women. My favs have been clenbutrex, oxy elite pro and currently I am taking Lipo 6. I agree with everything Rosie has said but I will add that the main reason I take fat burners is for appetite suppression. I don't really care if they do anything else. It is just easier for me to stick to my diet if I am not starving all the time. I make healthier food choices because I am not hungry and don't really care what I eat. When I try to just eat small healthy meals through out the day my metabolism get going so high that I walk around starving and end up cheating. That may sound kinda ****** up but it works for me. I have lost 8 lbs since Oct.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
My answer would not be 'when you get back' it would be 'sounds good, get nekkid woman'
Exactly. My job isn't to motivate her into working out. She's already lost a bunch of weight and I'm proud of her for what she's done. I'd rather get laid than tell her to go work out and *then* she can get some.

L

lalis

Awards
Hi,

Thanks for sharing such wonderful post.It's really nice and useful to many women to maintain body fitness and me too through which I get some idea regarding it.

Thanks

N

nerdalert

Awards
My wife has been using Forged Burner that we get from NTBM she loves it. She really likes the way it suppresses her apetitte and doesn't make her feel jittery like some fat burners do.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for sharing such wonderful post.It's really nice and useful to many women to maintain body fitness and me too through which I get some idea regarding it.

Thanks
If you want to know more about health and fitness, then the best thing you can do is READ - there is an abundance of information, not just here. Learn as much as you can and get to know your body.

~Rosie~

G

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
Forge burner NTBM My girl likes andro-rox from MHP it's the nitrix oxide fat burner

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Funny how many people resurrect old threads (granted, this one isn't as old as some) :stick:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Most fat burners out there are made for men, or they aren’t made for anybody. They generally have ingredients that don’t actually burn stomach fat, and even in some fat burners proclaimed to be made especially for women, you will find ingredients that produce more testosterone and are specifically meant for men. The best way to get past this is to be educated and know what ingredients you are looking for.
A fat burner made "for a man" (the "female" versions are often weaker versions of the "male" formulation) is going to be effective for a female as well (if it's hormonal, then I recommend against using it), especially if she has the key factors of NUTRITION AND TRAINING targeted specifically for HER for fat loss.

~Rosie~

vidapreta

vidapreta

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
A fat burner made "for a man" (the "female" versions are often weaker versions of the "male" formulation) is going to be effective for a female as well (if it's hormonal, then I recommend against using it), especially if she has the key factors of NUTRITION AND TRAINING targeted specifically for HER for fat loss.

~Rosie~
How about AndroLean.:lol:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How about AndroLean.:lol:
AndroLean can be used by females, yes, but I wouldn't recommend it unless she was an experienced trainee, had her nutrition and training on target for her goals, was knowledgeable about supplements and what she was doing, knew all the ins and outs and risks and benefits of what she was doing, and was knowledgeable, etc.

~Rosie~

M

marklee

Awards
The best fat burner is exercise and a proper diet. Just eat so that you aren't hungry and are about 70-80% full and eat more colorful vegetables and fruits while trying to limit unhealthy saturated and trans fats. Then exercise just enough with cardio to burn excess calories.Don't take pills. They suck. All just scams and the easy, lazy, unhealthy way out . Good luck!!

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
diet and training will get you to the size you want to be. although this is not a strong fat burner, i dropped about 8 pounds in 4 weeks from Black Cats (and proper diet and training). my diet was a clean clean bulk. training was as usual, but i added cardio.

JohnRock

JohnRock

Awards
  • Established
My wife, who this was originally about, was doing really well for a while and getting close to her goals, then she got pregnant. Oh well...

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My wife, who this was originally about, was doing really well for a while and getting close to her goals, then she got pregnant. Oh well...
No biggie - she can always lose any fat gained afterwards, and pretty rapidly at that if she does it right, back to her pre-pregnancy figure or better in no time at all.

That aside, congratulations to you both :)

~Rosie~

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Supplements 6
M Supplements 15
D Supplements 10
Gutterpump Weight Loss 6
M Supplements 16