Hello. I'm new.

jemini

Awards
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hi. I'm new (posting-wise).

So a little about me:
- 26 year old female
- 5'6"
- 136 lbs
- estimated body fat: 24%

Goal: 120-125lbs. ; ~15% body fat would be amazing.

When I was cycling, I got down to 120ish ... and because I wasn't eating. (I think I was skinny fat because I was thin but still had a belly going.) Then I started school and gained it all back. Didn't want to do the too-much-cardio-starve-myself thing anymore and also realized it's not the way to go. I want to do it properly. I've been eating mostly paleo (sometimes I get busy and have to chug a Pure Protein shake instead of breakfast). I'm super busy at school, running around, seeing patients but I also make it to the gym like 2-3/week -- not nearly enough.

Anyways. That's me.

P.S. Today I started alpha T2 + oxyelite pro. Just one of each. Would like to work up to 2/day of each ... just to help things along.

P.P.S. Also! Just wanted to thank everyone who posts; especially Rosie. I've learned so much in the past 2 weeks.

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hi and Welcome!!!

yeap spaced by 6 hours each dose

jemini

Awards
Thanks!! I'm bumping up to 2xAT2/morning starting next week. I really like this stack. I feel great. Haha! I make myself eat and then get full very quickly.

Yesterday I thought I would try 1xblack cat with my morning 1xAT2 + 1xOEP ... that's NEVER happening again. I had to lay down and hope the funny feeling would go away.

Current stats (Thurs 11/18/2010):
Body weight = 133.1 lbs
Body fat = 23.3%

Based on the Katch-McArdle equation, I've calculated the following:
BMR (1372)
Maintenance calories (1887)
Calories minus 25% (1415)

Protein @ 1.5g/lb LBM = 153.1g (613 cals)
Fat @ 0.35 g/lb total body weight = 46.8 (419 cals)
Carbs @ total calories minus (protein+fat) = 95.8 (383 cals)

Diet = keto/paleo; Since Monday 11/15/2010, looking like:
Breakfast: 2x low sodium bacon, 2x omega 3 eggs, liquid egg whites
Lunch: 4-5oz organic chx breast, 1cup broccoli
Dinner: 6oz wild alaskan salmon, 1tbs omega-3 mayo OR a repeat of lunch
Snacks: handful walnuts, dried cranberries, pure protein shake (usu when I get busy and don't get to eat)

Supplements:
1. Alpha t-2 -- 2/day @ waking; @ 6hrs later
2. Oxyelite pro --2/day @ waking; @ 6hrs later
3. Centrum -- 1/day @ breakfast
4. Vitamin C (1000mg) -- 1/day @ breakfast
5. Calcium (750mg) -- 1/day @ breakfast
6. Fibersmart with probiotics -- 12/day @ 2 hrs after meals
7. NOW Super Enzymes -- 3/day @ every meal
NOTE: I was thinking about adding Anabolic Pump or Slin-sane for weekends because my carb intake goes up (I visit family).

Gym routine:
Treadmill ~10mins (hate running)
Weights (thighs, triceps)
Crunches/ab work.
This happens 2-3x/week. I'm trying to cut, not bulk (at all).
Weekends: 1 hour tennis; 1 hour 3 mile hike

Question: If I'm supposed to be eating ~100g of carbs but I'm not, what should I bump up to make calorie requirements? I don't want to overkill with proteins so I modify with more omega-3 mayo. Think that's a good idea?

Also, If there are any glaring errors with any of the above, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll just keep chugging along. =D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Gym routine:
Treadmill ~10mins (hate running)
Weights (thighs, triceps)
Crunches/ab work.
This happens 2-3x/week. I'm trying to cut, not bulk (at all).
Weekends: 1 hour tennis; 1 hour 3 mile hike

Question: If I'm supposed to be eating ~100g of carbs but I'm not, what should I bump up to make calorie requirements? I don't want to overkill with proteins so I modify with more omega-3 mayo. Think that's a good idea?

Also, If there are any glaring errors with any of the above, please let me know.
Otherwise, I'll just keep chugging along. =D
I wasn't going to say anything, but I am going to - this is going to be my only post in this thread, since I am not on here much for the next month.

You have next to NO carbohydrates in your diet at all - you can easily get them from oats, rice, kumara, potatoes, fruit, etc.

You're NOT going to gain muscle OR weight if your calories are targeted at fat loss. What you do re training is not going to "bulk" you up.

That said, you do only thighs, triceps and abs for resistance work, and quite a lot of cardio. You seriously need to look at your training and give it a complete overhaul. Look at The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for more information on training - that article gives you all the information you need to know about effectively and successfully lose fat through manipulating your nutrition and training.

I really recommend that you just get yourself a trainer who knows what they're doing re nutrition and training to put something together for you specific to your goals and needs, though.

~Rosie~

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
Hi there!
Congrats on setting some goals and running headlong after them! That's a first step many people never get to.

The majority of your results will come from your nutrition, then your training.
A good place to start is here, in the diet and training sections of course...most are very glad to help out.
You can also google Dr. Clay Hyght who has a free ebook that does a pretty good job of teaching the basics of nutrition, training and cardio and what part each plays in the big picture.

Also articles by Dr. John Berardi, Shelby Starnes, Juliet Deane, Cassandra Forsythe, Rachel Cosgrove are good as well. Not to mention all of Rosie's helpful posts in these forums.

Basically, if you can seek out trainers/coaches with good success records, you can save yourself a TON of trial and error with diet and training and get where you want much quicker. Plus...you'll have that knowledge to use over and over again.

Best 2 u,
-2z-

jemini

Awards
After reading the posts, I went out and bought some Ezekial bread and Kopali organic mix for extra carbs. Problem is, I don't like the way carbs make me feel. Firstly, I can't seem to moderate and basically turn into the cookie monster. Secondly, I don't like the comatose feeling immediately after eating them.

I think I'm gonna keep it keto and have 1 slice of Ezekial bread plus 1 cup green veggie per day. It's not "ideal" but it's working for me right now.

I've had a trainer in the past and learned the proper technique and breathing ... I guess I'm just hesitant to try it on my own and parts of me are still mired in the erroneous idea that cardio+little food=good. I'll get on that overhaul and start doing that beginner's circuit outlined in "The Three Keys to Fat Loss.".

Also, thanks for the literature, -2z-. I'll google those names.

phunkyb

phunkyb

Awards
Hey Jemini - just wanted to share my recent experience. I have been doing heavy resistance training (ie lifting enough weight to where I am failing on my last set) for about 2 months now. I add in cardio about three days a week (20 - 30 minutes on eliptical) always after I lift. In this time I have lost five pounds which is great, but more than that I have lost an inch in my waistline and my whole body is changing. I didn't believe my boyfriend at first when he told me hard-core resistance training was the best way for me to loss weight. I am not turning into some kind of freak, just getting lots of lean muscle and burning fat like crazy.
Sound like you've got a good start. Just don't be afraid to get in there and lift with the guys.
Good luck!

way8lifter

way8lifter

Awards
hello... I am with Rosie here...not enough carbs ...even on a Keto diet ..you should have about 5% of calorie from carbs ..if you are getting that Zombie feel from carbs ...they are most likely high glycimic ..causing and insulin spike ...causing a "crash"

I am not talking adding 100s of grams ..more like in the 50 gram area ..most of it can be consumed AFTER your workout ..with no ill effects ..
also ..I notice that with your veggi section ...just as an example ..you have 1 cup broccoli..... that is only 30 calories... go ahead an splurge on the fibrous veggies... have a couple of cups ...the energy used to digest it is almost equal to the energy it provides ..meaning as long as you aren;t drowning it in cheese and dressing ..it is almost impossible for a fibrous veggie to make you gain weight ( and yes .. I HATE broccoli ) :) put some in every meal and you will be less likely to get hungry and then cheat..

jemini

Awards
hello... I am with Rosie here...not enough carbs ...even on a Keto diet ..you should have about 5% of calorie from carbs ...

... it is almost impossible for a fibrous veggie to make you gain weight ( and yes .. I HATE broccoli ) :) put some in every meal and you will be less likely to get hungry and then cheat..
First off, thanks for the welcomes. I was too timid to post in the past but wth! =D

Hmmm. I did take to heart what Rosie said, I think it just took me a little to get the self-discipline in place to have some carbs, vs. carb free for all. This week I've bumped my carbs up to about 50g/day (15-20% of daily cals): 1 slice Ezekial bread in the morning plus an organic orange at night and my snacks (walnuts, protein shake) fills it out. Being super busy and this 4 day weekend is throwing off my meal planning. BTW, I LOVE plain broccoli so that fibrous thing, woohoo!

I am having a hard time making time to eat with the appetite suppression and I haven't been making calorie reqs these past 2 days so I really gotta pick it up. I've added Lean Xtreme to my current regimen and oximega green drink with breakfast & dinner. Been going well.

This past Monday (11/22/2010), I tried bumping up to 2xAT2 in the morning ... yeah. That was cray-zay. A little too much buzz for me. Lol. It's 1xAT2 + 1xOEP twice daily until I run out. I am happy to report my waist is down 1in (28in, from 29). YAY!! ICE CREAM BINGE TIME. just kidding. It's pretty awesome though. Oh, I have no cravings for sweets. It'll cross my mind like it used to but now it's more like, "Huh, I'd have been on that cupcake like white on rice about now but eh, I'll pass." Anyone else?

As far as training goes, I was able to get more variety of weight machines into the mix: triceps, biceps, thighs (inner & outer), hamstrings, glutes, abs. No back workouts yet. Not sure why those intimidate me so much. I think it's because I'm afraid I'll have traps up to my ears. :bigeyes:

I was also able to get a 2 mile jog/run interval with 1 min walk in on the treadmill. I'm sure it's my cleaned up diet and the OEP?? I used to hate running. This time, I felt like I could have run the whole thing. I held back because I haven't run like that since high school. Would my heart just explode? :bigeyes: I'll have to give it a go next workout.

Question: Recently, I was wondering, I know it's advised against taking alpha T2 for more than 8 weeks so after I'm done with this bottle, I have to take a break but is that true for stimulants as well? Or can I transition from AT2/OEP/Lean Xtreme to Shred Matrix?

Edit: So I did a search and it says yes, do take a break from stims. booo.

Lol, this is pretty exciting new territory for me. I'm sure you guys are like, noob. :gives: Hehe. Still exciting.

TripDog

TripDog

Bananas
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Welcome :)

BlondBombshel

BlondBombshel

Awards
If you were doing a low carb diet for sometime you should slowly add the carbs back in to avoid that bloated crappy feeling.

I start with low GI carbs ( broccoli/cauliflower) for a week then slowly add in higher GI ones (oats/ezikiel bread).

Good luck!