New Girl looking for some advice!!!

ADB1

Awards
Alright girls, I’m a 22 year old and really started focusing on my fitness about 3 months ago. Recently my fiancée and I opened up a health and fitness store so I am working out 5 days a week. I also work part time at a clothing retail store. I weight about 122 lbs to 124 lbs and I am 5ft. I don't know if I'm too heavy for my height or not. My arms look great as do my calves....my problem areas are my thighs, love handles (or as I call them HATE handles) and my lower abs. I am looking for any advice I can get to help me with those areas. I take the following supplements:

Prework out
MRI: Ripcuts
USP Labs: Jacked 3d

Protein:
Dymatize Elite Fusion 7

Vitamins:
Multi Vitamin EVE from NOW
7-keto NOW
Mega Hoodia NOW
CLA Now
Vitamin B12 & D-3 NOW
Omega 3-6-9 NOW

I work out my arms and legs 2 days a week hard and my back and shoulders 1 day a week. Every workout at the end I do abs. My arms days consist of the following: Dumbbells, Curls, Tri pull downs, and Tri pull a parts (as I call them) and bench. I also end that day with 150-200 abs either by doing planks, leg lifts, overhead crunch, etc. My leg days consist of the following: Squats, Calve ext, leg curls, lunges, and leg ext...abs as well just like before. My back and shoulders consist of the following: Dead lifts, rows, lat pull down, cable butterflies, and shrugs...followed by abs again.

I am also allergic to fish so it’s very hard for me to get in all my protein without supplementation. Please ladies I really am working hard and want to see better results on my problem areas....my love handles and thighs are the worst. Please help me.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
watcha eatin? first off.

ADB1

Awards
I'm eating in the morning for breakfast: Oatmeal with 1 egg white and a hashbrown. For lunch: It just varies...I try to eat either a salad or a sandwhich on wheat bread. For dinner it is usually chicken or something grilled. I also have 2 protein shakes a day for 42 grams of protein.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
jeez im not very good w/ numbers for women but for guys 100g of carbs or less a day - lower the better, works good for losing fat.

check into CKD / TKD - ketogenic, diets. It should help ya lose the fat no problem.

Id lower the carbs n up the fat, ya should seem some noticeable differences soon.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Ya np even tho it wasnt to great ; /

check out fitday.com its a good diet online guide thing, play around w/ it itll help.

sit ups n ab stuff doesnt really do much for me, i havent done sit ups or something of that nature in years an i got abz

swollwilliams

swollwilliams

Awards
  • Established
and keep in mind, it's only been 3 months.. you seem very motivated and hihg energy, workouts look great with a solid plan of attack, variety of exercises...you could play with your diet some, but really IMO, you just need to stay after it and the results in the stubborn areas will soon follow.. :)

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Alright girls, I’m a 22 year old and really started focusing on my fitness about 3 months ago. Recently my fiancée and I opened up a health and fitness store so I am working out 5 days a week. I also work part time at a clothing retail store. I weight about 122 lbs to 124 lbs and I am 5ft. I don't know if I'm too heavy for my height or not. My arms look great as do my calves....my problem areas are my thighs, love handles (or as I call them HATE handles) and my lower abs. I am looking for any advice I can get to help me with those areas.
DON'T focus on your weight - it's irrelevant! Concentrate on your BODY COMPOSITION - far more important. As far as your weight, it's not bad anyways.

Don't focus on those areas - most women have them as "problem" areas, and the only way they're going to get "better" is if you lose bodyfat or gains some muscle mass there, period. Also, what you hate and think might look bad might in fact NOT.

I take the following supplements:

Prework out
MRI: Ripcuts
USP Labs: Jacked 3d

Protein:
Dymatize Elite Fusion 7

Vitamins:
Multi Vitamin EVE from NOW
7-keto NOW
Mega Hoodia NOW
CLA Now
Vitamin B12 & D-3 NOW
Omega 3-6-9 NOW
You started training three MONTHS ago. Forget about supplements! If you're going to use any, stick to the Basic Staples - creatine, multivitamin, good fats, protein, and BCAAs (and at your weight, you really only need creatine and a multivitamin, because at your weight, you can get the rest of your needs through your DIET)!

I work out my arms and legs 2 days a week hard and my back and shoulders 1 day a week. Every workout at the end I do abs. My arms days consist of the following: Dumbbells, Curls, Tri pull downs, and Tri pull a parts (as I call them) and bench. I also end that day with 150-200 abs either by doing planks, leg lifts, overhead crunch, etc. My leg days consist of the following: Squats, Calve ext, leg curls, lunges, and leg ext...abs as well just like before. My back and shoulders consist of the following: Dead lifts, rows, lat pull down, cable butterflies, and shrugs...followed by abs again.
You really need to look at your training programme. Starting off at five days a week is a little much. You're also focusing on your arms, when you'd be better off doing a separate day for your back and chest if you're going to train that often. Honestly, I would recommend doing only THREE days - and focus more on COMPOUND lifts, working your FULL body in each session. You don't need to do abs every day - twice a week for 100 reps each time is ENOUGH.

I am also allergic to fish so it’s very hard for me to get in all my protein without supplementation. Please ladies I really am working hard and want to see better results on my problem areas....my love handles and thighs are the worst. Please help me.
Actually, you CAN get in all of your protein requirements through your diet withOUT supplementation - especially at your weight! Chicken, beef, turkey, eggs, nuts - you get protein in all of these foods and more.

I highly recommend reading The 3 Keys to Fat Loss, since it gives comprehensive advice and information re nutrition (and supplements - like I said, you really only need TWO of the staples!), and training for effective and successful fat loss.

Your fat loss is going to be primarily dependent on your NUTRITION, so I recommend learning about decent nutrition, and if you won't do it yourself, then get yourself a decent nutritionist.

I also recommend - if you don't use one of the sample training programmes in the article - getting yourself a trainer, since they will be able to write something SPECIFIC for YOUR goals and needs.

As already mentioned, you've only been training for THREE MONTHS. FOCUS ON THE BASICS and forget everything else!

~Team APPNUT

ADB1

Awards
Thanks everyone....I know I have only been at it for three months but I have been at it hard that's why I am getting upset with what I believe are my problem areas. I will also be checking into the article that was given to me on her as well...Thanks!!!

ADB1

Awards
I also thought creatine was more of a water weight type deal??? Is there a specfic one for me that I need to take? Like do I need the mono or something like Kre Alkalyn?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks everyone....I know I have only been at it for three months but I have been at it hard that's why I am getting upset with what I believe are my problem areas. I will also be checking into the article that was given to me on her as well...Thanks!!!
If you started out too hard too fast, then I can understand why motivation could be an issue. Most people starting out also do NOT do things right, which means no progress and barely visible results, leading to frustration like you are experiencing. Now that you have the information and tools to do things RIGHT, you should start making some progress.

I will caution you, though, that if your mindsets and self perception are skewed, then this will affect how you see things, regardless if changes are being made and are seen, so be sure that you are realistic with yourself in your goals and acknowledge progress - having another pair of eyes and someone else who can give unbiased and honest critique and feedback helps a lot.

I also thought creatine was more of a water weight type deal??? Is there a specfic one for me that I need to take? Like do I need the mono or something like Kre Alkalyn?
Creatine is NOT a water weight deal - I recommend reading a bit about what creatine actually is and does (there is a brief explanation on it and why you need it in the Basic Staples article previously linked. Since you're just a beginner, straight creatine monohydrate is the best thing for you to use. You can use Kre-Alkalyn if you wish - the only other option I would recommend re creatine at the moment (make sure that your creatine product is JUST creatine).

~Team APPNUT