Stay at home mom

anabolicmom

Awards
I'm a new mom an am looking to get back into shape. I'd like to gain some strength and get a six pack. Please give me diet and exercise suggestions. Most important would be exercise routines I can do at home. I have dumbbells and a Swiss ball.

crazyfool405

crazyfool405

Banned
Awards
  • Established
we need much more information than that

height, weight, diet history, available equiptement for exercise (anything other then stated), current diet, goal weight, current water intake, workout history ect.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a new mom an am looking to get back into shape. I'd like to gain some strength and get a six pack. Please give me diet and exercise suggestions. Most important would be exercise routines I can do at home. I have dumbbells and a Swiss ball.
Review my article The 3 Keys to Fat Loss for comprehensive information and tips on both nutrition and training for fat loss.

6-packs are predominantly made in the KITCHEN. Once you have determined your Maintenance calories (equation provided), then you can easily put together a sustainable eating plan from the tips provided.

As far as training, this is covered also, and any exercise can be adapted or modified for use with bodyweight, dumbbells, or a swissball. You can also look around for other training plans, etc., since pretty much anything is going to work if your nutrition is targeted at fat loss (although I recommend lifting as heavy as you can for lower reps, as opposed to lighter weight and higher reps - the former will also help re strength, where the latter will not).

Know that you're not likely to gain strength if you are looking at losing fat, since both goals are at opposing caloric intakes. However, if you calorie cycle (google this for more information), and also because you'll be relatively new back with exercise, etc., strength gains will come as a result of your body starting back again.

~Team APPNUT

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
New mom? Remember to take into account all the cals that little guy or gal can pull out of you through breast-feeding.
She just quit breast feeding so I gave her a canister of creapure and some recompadrol.