Beta-Alanine & Women

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Beta-Alanine looks like a promising and safe supplement for women. Check out this study:

Beta-Alanine

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Effects of Beta-Alanine in Women

To date, all of the research has been conducted on men. Therefore, my colleagues and I wanted to determine the effects of beta-alanine on women. We decided to examine ventilatory (anaerobic) threshold, physical working capacity at fatigue threshold, (PWCFT) and time to exhaustion during a fatiguing cycle ergometer test.

Ventilatory (anaerobic) threshold is the point where lactic acid production exceeds its absorption, you feel a significant burn, and you can no longer maintain a high exercising intensity. It's a great measure of endurance and aerobic fitness.

Once you've reached your ventilatory threshold, your ability to maintain an aerobic/endurance workout rapidly declines. You enter anaerobic training, which for an endurance athlete, is the final chapter of a workout, so to speak. Obviously, if you can increase this threshold, you have immediately become a better endurance competitor, lasting longer at a high intensity.

The female subjects (19 — 36 years) consumed 800 mg. of either beta-alanine or placebo 4 times per day for 7 days. The dosage was then increased to 1,600 mg. 4 times per day for 21 days.

The dosage per body weight was 24% higher than any previous study using males. The results showed a 14%, 12.5% and 3% increase in ventilatory threshold, PWCFT, and time to exhaustion, respectively. There was no change in the placebo group.

To any scientist or endurance enthusiast, this change in anaerobic threshold (without training) is shocking. It's the kind of effect that can immediately "create" a better endurance athlete!

A

anoopbal

Awards
To any scientist or endurance enthusiast, this change in anaerobic threshold (without training) is shocking. It's the kind of effect that can immediately "create" a better endurance athlete!
Would be true if they had showed this same in trained. It is entirely plausible this increase will not be seen in endurance trained women.

R

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
I put it in my gf's protein drink.
i take ALOT more thow.