Motivate my GF!

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. purebred

i don't think the thread title could have been anymore less thought out and cliché. God, these threads are annoying.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'9"  207 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

^^ I don't think your avatar could have been anymore less thought out or cliche lol.. Eva.. Nice.
  3. BMCLouzee

I don't have a problem with these types of threads as long as guys don't say anything blatantly rude and sexist.
    •   

4. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.73%

Quote Originally Posted by bmcjames View Post
    I remember trying to get Louzee into this lifestyle... Wheh did I take a few beatings in the process but the main thing:

Find nice ways to say it while still getting the point across, don't beat around the bush to much but don't be blunt and make her start crying all out either...
    Let her know that you love her and that you are trying to look out for her future (I have long history of being overweight so this part was ez for me) tell her that she is making baby steps down a long road that will only end in a total emotional breakdown or a dramatic and nearly impossible change (its not impossible but trust me it is VERY hard to change once you are there)
    this actually worked. shes going in and out every other day. this quote ive actually brought up with her as gently as possible. and she was in at giving it another shot.!
  5. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.34%

This thread is awesome, I'm subscribed!
  6. purebred

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post
    ^^ I don't think your avatar could have been anymore less thought out or cliche lol.. Eva.. Nice.
    this is the post that makes sense
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.34%

I slipped my GF 2grams tribulus and 1gram maca. Interested to see how she acts later.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  181 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.78%

I just had to bump this with reply about getting my wife to exercise. Like I stated earlier, this is a very touchy subject and you have to watch how you word things.

You can't just come out and say "you're getting fat!" or "you need to exercise!"

Anyway, I started taking walks with my wife. That kept her motivated because we were doing it together. Also, she's not into gyms and has always wanted a pilates machine. So...I got her one of those. She also thought those new step-up shoes were "cute". So...I got her a pair of those.
    She took to it and was doing her thing. She noticed her legs looking a little better, she said she felt better during the day and was really into exercising.
    We took a ton of pics while at the beach and she got even more motivated because you can see how good her legs/body look in the beach pics. I still offer positive motivation and talk to her about exercising and proper nutrition.
  9. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

it's hard bro. my ex hated exercising but it was paramount to her health. I usually train women from all age groups and body types but she did to want to work out w me. she said I was "too hardcore" but as I showed her how I would train her she eventually kept coming with me.

key point is patience. if she doesn't have the form down or is embarrassed fill the air with positive feedback. it'll pay off in the end.

I ended up leaving the girl tho, she got too damn lazy.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  10. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by coldseed View Post
    I just had to bump this with reply about getting my wife to exercise. Like I stated earlier, this is a very touchy subject and you have to watch how you word things.

You can't just come out and say "you're getting fat!" or "you need to exercise!"
    It really depends on the woman. Most are too sensitive about such issues, but if you can be blatantly honest with her it definitely helps. My husband has no hesitation in telling me what's what when I gain more fat than I like - or I'll pick myself apart well before he does! She'll know herself though, when she's past the point of being comfortable and needs to make a few changes. And if she wants to make that change, trust me, she WILL.

~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  11. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    96.34%

I spiked my wife's morning vitamins with dimethazine for a couple weeks. She signed a 2 year contract for the gold's gym I go to haha!
  12. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  155 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.5%

I know that this thread is really old but I had to throw my two cents in on this one. My bf has totally been my inspiration and motivation to achieve my fitness goals. I have always been one of those girls who liked working out, but on my own I could never find the time, would get too lazy, or would just couldn't put all the right parts together.

Since Schwell and I have been together, I have watched him grow and change and get closer to his own goals. His own dedication was the first thing that inspired me. Secondly, I know that he loves my body just the way that it is. He has encouraged me to work out to achieve my own goals. He has also been totally willing to let me find my own way. When I started going to the gym with him, I eased into things but I knew that he was there when I decided it was time to step it up. He has never pushed me too hard and has always let me make my own choices.

The other things he has done to motivate me is help me out financially. I don't make much money and unfortunately have a lot of debt. A gym membership, a good diet, and supplements were not very high priorities in my budget. But my bf and worked things out so that we could buy groceries together, he got me some starter supplements, and we found the best priced gym in town. He even gave me his free months!

I don't know if any of the stuff that I have said will work for your gf JFires, but I do know this. It took some time for me to come around, but because Schwell and I have a solid relationship, he is so dedicated and willing to help, and I wanted to make a change, I am now committed to fitness, too.
  13. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    20.73%

Quote Originally Posted by zombiemuscle View Post
    I spiked my wife's morning vitamins with dimethazine for a couple weeks. She signed a 2 year contract for the gold's gym I go to haha!
    lmao. zombie keeps slipping his wife stuff maybe thats how he got married. lmao just jokes. any way i think the best way is just to get really shredded then your chick might think your getting too good looking for her and will be forced to up her game.
  14. NutraPlanet Rep
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    87.76%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fires View Post
    lmao. zombie keeps slipping his wife stuff maybe thats how he got married. lmao just jokes. any way i think the best way is just to get really shredded then your chick might think your getting too good looking for her and will be forced to up her game.
    Maybe you should use your own advice then.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns
  15. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  206 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    4.05%

Find out what she wants. I train with my wife now, and it was a journey to get here. It started with me getting results, then moved on to me finding out how she would like to look by having her find pictures of girls she wanted to look like. When she did pick out a very pretty but also very fit and somewhat muscular girl, I knew that lifting was the way to get her there.

If she had picked out a stick figure, then I would have left it at that.

After I convinced her to start working out with me, it was all about convincing her to push herself and go heavier. I looked up videos of female weightlifters to show her that strong = toned and firm and not bulky, and convince her that not all females who lift more then the bar wake up the next morning as a female Ronnie Coleman.

But that's not the whole thing. Once she started lifting I CONSTANTLY gave her positive comments. I found things that actually did look better, so I didn't have to outright lie, but I played up how great she looked. Remember, how you see her is the most important thing in the world to her right behind how she sees herself. If you tell her that her arms are getting tighter and her legs are filling out perfectly, she'll start to see it when she looks in the mirror.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Motivate Me. Motivate You.
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 08:13 PM