Motivate my GF!

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

  1. Quote Originally Posted by gbeast View Post
    secretly ask a friend of hers to get her to start working out. or look at fitness girls online or on a magazine while she is around. once she asks u if u want her to look like that, u can play it off.
    lol, ya i think i would be able to play myself right into a smack across the head./


  2. Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fires View Post
    i wasnt being offensive, this actually happend! lol. i think its just ridiculous that a girl would lure someone with good looks then, lets themselves go a little when they got what they want.

    does that not seem like BS to you or what.?

    i know not all women are like that. im not trying to offend anyone, i have respect for girls. im not the guy who thinks they should cook clean and do laundry, thos are all "people" jobs not just women.
    It's not that she lured you back with her good looks....she's happy and comfortable with where she's at now. This isn't the first time i've seen this happen to a couple that doesn't have working out and eating right as a priority like most of us on this board do.
    •   
       


  3. I remember trying to get Louzee into this lifestyle... Wheh did I take a few beatings in the process but the main thing:

    Find nice ways to say it while still getting the point across, don't beat around the bush to much but don't be blunt and make her start crying all out either...
    Let her know that you love her and that you are trying to look out for her future (I have long history of being overweight so this part was ez for me) tell her that she is making baby steps down a long road that will only end in a total emotional breakdown or a dramatic and nearly impossible change (its not impossible but trust me it is VERY hard to change once you are there)

    Know the best thing?
    Now Louzee loves it, I swear she is on here more than I am... We have gone to several bodybuilding shows and that has only reinforced her motivation and is bringing her to new levels.

    Note:
    A big tip I always give out to people....
    You must find your own self motivation, if you can't find it you will never succed as you can't be fueled by other peoples fire forever, at one point or another without self motivation you will FAIL... So help her to find that in herself if you want her to succeed and stick to it. This is a lifestyle change, not a 12 week diet and training program... This is for the rest of your life, she must find fun in it. Maybe suggest alternative means of exercise (Louzee hates cardio but loves MMA fighting, etc....)

    Now lets hope she doesn't come bite my head off for using her as the example lol
    -James

  4. Quote Originally Posted by gbeast View Post
    secretly ask a friend of hers to get her to start working out. or look at fitness girls online or on a magazine while she is around. once she asks u if u want her to look like that, u can play it off.
    No offense bro but this is the WORST advice. If the OP had a friend who was a girl who worked out then maybe have her get the girlfriend into it. But telling one of your girlfriend's friends that you think your girlfriend is fat is probably the best way to get castrated.
    Back.... for real this time

  5. Quote Originally Posted by bmcjames View Post
    I remember trying to get Louzee into this lifestyle... Wheh did I take a few beatings in the process but the main thing:

    Find nice ways to say it while still getting the point across, don't beat around the bush to much but don't be blunt and make her start crying all out either...
    Let her know that you love her and that you are trying to look out for her future (I have long history of being overweight so this part was ez for me) tell her that she is making baby steps down a long road that will only end in a total emotional breakdown or a dramatic and nearly impossible change (its not impossible but trust me it is VERY hard to change once you are there)

    Know the best thing?
    Now Louzee loves it, I swear she is on here more than I am... We have gone to several bodybuilding shows and that has only reinforced her motivation and is bringing her to new levels.

    Note:
    A big tip I always give out to people....
    You must find your own self motivation, if you can't find it you will never succed as you can't be fueled by other peoples fire forever, at one point or another without self motivation you will FAIL... So help her to find that in herself if you want her to succeed and stick to it. This is a lifestyle change, not a 12 week diet and training program... This is for the rest of your life, she must find fun in it. Maybe suggest alternative means of exercise (Louzee hates cardio but loves MMA fighting, etc....)

    Now lets hope she doesn't come bite my head off for using her as the example lol
    -James
    Great posting. Reps bro.
    Back.... for real this time
    •   
       


  6. LOL yeah i dont know how to go about this situation. lets just pray it doesnt happen to me

  7. Im gonna guess your girl is just comfortable in her own skin...and thats the way it'll be. My buddies girl started hitting the gym after a night at a club when a girl walked by and said "wow he is way to hot for her" she started crying and bought a gym pass the following week.

    The way I see it is...there are people that never workout, or that workout to show some sort of athleticism(once in a great while), or do it because they feel insecure, or want to be more confident.

    My girl is beautiful, shes 5'4 115lbs. 3/4 asian 1/4 black Her base is built well, but her shoulders/arms/back lack really any definition. Being so small, even 5lbs makes a difference in her appearance around the mid section, arms, etc...

    She will go once in a while like once or twice in 2 months... Im a everyday gym rat. Ive tried explaining what I perceive as men liking most, or to just bring her body into proportion, her legs are awesome, her butt is athletic but her upper body lacks.

    I've read somewhere when couples workout, it even brings out better sexual desire with one another as well. Men/Women need to want the self-improvement...some people have it, some people dont. But also remember when we're in love, or in relationships..we tend to let things go. Ive been through that alley before.

    What I don't understand is...lets say You look 10x better than your gf/bf...why doesn't one desire to look as good or even better than you? I noticed when I was ripped, my girl didn't care one bit about her self. However, she did make hints she was slightly more insecure. Either way, I still find her hot as hell.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by DrivenDreams View Post
    What I don't understand is...lets say You look 10x better than your gf/bf...why doesn't one desire to look as good or even better than you? I noticed when I was ripped, my girl didn't care one bit about her self. However, she did make hints she was slightly more insecure. Either way, I still find her hot as hell.
    I noticed that too! I started getting back into working out and looking good and she all of the sudden didn't care about herself and felt insecure.

    OP you need to stop working out lol

  9. i got her doing a light workout 4 times a week. yesterday was crunches, got her doing a 10 min workout, she woke up sore.

    ill prob just try to get her to to core and legs, core and legs.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Jake Fires View Post
    i got her doing a light workout 4 times a week. yesterday was crunches, got her doing a 10 min workout, she woke up sore.

    ill prob just try to get her to to core and legs, core and legs.
    How did you get that kind of response? What did you end up doing?

  11. I do cardio with a girl and it seems really hard to motivate her..she always says shes to busy which I dont think is the case, but I think im just gonna give her some of my supplements and that should motivate her to get her ass up and come run lol
    Follow me on instagram for:Workout advice and tips, Diet pics, Inspirational pics, And best....pics of me!!!! haha
    INSTAGRAM: GUN_WALKER3

  12. Quote Originally Posted by Deeerdre View Post
    I do cardio with a girl and it seems really hard to motivate her..she always says shes to busy which I dont think is the case, but I think im just gonna give her some of my supplements and that should motivate her to get her ass up and come run lol
    Actually i think a great supplement for a chick would be something like AP or Gbol. Set her up with a solid nutrition partitioner and give her the 411 on when to use it and how it works.

  13. Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post
    How did you get that kind of response? What did you end up doing?
    u mean how she got an efficiant work out in that little time or how i got her to go about working out?
    Last edited by Jake Fires; 05-09-2010 at 10:35 AM. Reason: ss

  14. ^^ How did you end up getting her in the gym without your head being bitten off?
  15. purebred
    purebred's Avatar

    i don't think the thread title could have been anymore less thought out and cliché. God, these threads are annoying.

  16. ^^ I don't think your avatar could have been anymore less thought out or cliche lol.. Eva.. Nice.
  17. BMCLouzee
    BMCLouzee's Avatar

    I don't have a problem with these types of threads as long as guys don't say anything blatantly rude and sexist.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by bmcjames View Post
    I remember trying to get Louzee into this lifestyle... Wheh did I take a few beatings in the process but the main thing:

    Find nice ways to say it while still getting the point across, don't beat around the bush to much but don't be blunt and make her start crying all out either...
    Let her know that you love her and that you are trying to look out for her future (I have long history of being overweight so this part was ez for me) tell her that she is making baby steps down a long road that will only end in a total emotional breakdown or a dramatic and nearly impossible change (its not impossible but trust me it is VERY hard to change once you are there)
    this actually worked. shes going in and out every other day. this quote ive actually brought up with her as gently as possible. and she was in at giving it another shot.!

  19. This thread is awesome, I'm subscribed!
  20. purebred
    purebred's Avatar

    Quote Originally Posted by chocolatemilk View Post
    ^^ I don't think your avatar could have been anymore less thought out or cliche lol.. Eva.. Nice.
    this is the post that makes sense

  21. I slipped my GF 2grams tribulus and 1gram maca. Interested to see how she acts later.

  22. I just had to bump this with reply about getting my wife to exercise. Like I stated earlier, this is a very touchy subject and you have to watch how you word things.

    You can't just come out and say "you're getting fat!" or "you need to exercise!"

    Anyway, I started taking walks with my wife. That kept her motivated because we were doing it together. Also, she's not into gyms and has always wanted a pilates machine. So...I got her one of those. She also thought those new step-up shoes were "cute". So...I got her a pair of those.
    She took to it and was doing her thing. She noticed her legs looking a little better, she said she felt better during the day and was really into exercising.
    We took a ton of pics while at the beach and she got even more motivated because you can see how good her legs/body look in the beach pics. I still offer positive motivation and talk to her about exercising and proper nutrition.

  23. it's hard bro. my ex hated exercising but it was paramount to her health. I usually train women from all age groups and body types but she did to want to work out w me. she said I was "too hardcore" but as I showed her how I would train her she eventually kept coming with me.

    key point is patience. if she doesn't have the form down or is embarrassed fill the air with positive feedback. it'll pay off in the end.

    I ended up leaving the girl tho, she got too damn lazy.
    Nutraplanet Representative
    PM me with any order questions and concerns

  24. Quote Originally Posted by coldseed View Post
    I just had to bump this with reply about getting my wife to exercise. Like I stated earlier, this is a very touchy subject and you have to watch how you word things.

    You can't just come out and say "you're getting fat!" or "you need to exercise!"
    It really depends on the woman. Most are too sensitive about such issues, but if you can be blatantly honest with her it definitely helps. My husband has no hesitation in telling me what's what when I gain more fat than I like - or I'll pick myself apart well before he does! She'll know herself though, when she's past the point of being comfortable and needs to make a few changes. And if she wants to make that change, trust me, she WILL.

    ~Rosie~
    The Primordial Woman
    Athlete ~ Trainer ~ Writer
    "Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - @rosiecheewarrior

    Contact [email protected] for INDIVIDUALIZED Fitness Management
    Motivation. Knowledge. Results.
    www.rosiesmusclerevolution.com
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Motivate Me. Motivate You.
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-19-2004, 08:13 PM
Log in
Log in