Cravings while carb cycling

pblover

Awards
I have been experimenting with carb cycling, and I find that I am constantly hungry! I limit my carbs to the morning (oatmeal at breakfast, followed by a workout and post-workout shake with protein and carbs). By lunch, I am trying to cut all carbs, and am eating a lot of protein (meat and shakes), veggies, and yogurt. But I feel like I am always famished, and as a result I feel like I am eating a lot more (i.e., noshing on beef jerky two hours after I have lunch). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have been experimenting with carb cycling, and I find that I am constantly hungry! I limit my carbs to the morning (oatmeal at breakfast, followed by a workout and post-workout shake with protein and carbs). By lunch, I am trying to cut all carbs, and am eating a lot of protein (meat and shakes), veggies, and yogurt. But I feel like I am always famished, and as a result I feel like I am eating a lot more (i.e., noshing on beef jerky two hours after I have lunch). Does anyone have any suggestions?
Don't limit your carbohydrates so excessively, then. Carbohydrate cycling does not mean limiting or eliminating them or cutting them out from a certain time in the day, just changing the amount consumed over a period of days. If you're going LOW low carbohydrates as well, then this may not work for you - low carbohydrates is not foe everyone, and having them too low is detrimental.

~Team APPNUT

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
replacing carbs with healthy fats should (in my experience) keep you as full or fuller. good foods like that are natty PB, EVOO, cheeses, almonds. also sometimes when i think i'm hungry i drink a glass of water and that in itself can curb my hunger until i eat again.

BMCLouzee

Zero carb, zero sugar energy drinks. I'm not on carb cycling, I'm on keto and energy drinks really helped me get through the day. And I also learned mind over matter.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Zero carb, zero sugar energy drinks. I'm not on carb cycling, I'm on keto and energy drinks really helped me get through the day. And I also learned mind over matter.
caffeine is the only problem with those drinks. caffeine has been proven to make cortisol rise, cortisol is a muscle wasting, fat depositing hormone which is found at higher levels in women more than men but found in both. this is a nasty hormone that puts that weight where we don't want it....thighs, buttocks, mid-section. that's why keto is such a bear of a diet cause you're not supposed to be taking in caff. due to the cort. rise.....but sometimes it necessary just to move on that diet, so i understand why to mentioned it.

BMCLouzee

I'm sorry, I should clarify. I don't drink Monsters, Rockstars, NOS, Venom, etc. I'm broke so I drink this generic energy drink at Kroger which contains a total of 152 mg of caffeine
per 16 oz can (slightly less, esp for my body weight). I only drink one can a day, specifically before workouts. I'm trying to wean myself off the stuff because I know my body doesn't need it and it's expensive, but from what I've read you need to consume an excessive amount of caffeine to jumpstart this cortisol spike. Besides, I'm more concerned about my stress levels increasing my cortisol. God knows I need to chill. But yeah, I understand.