Cellulites

orangerain

Awards
Developing cellulite is a terrible phenomena for women. I am just wondering if exercise can take this out or will women have to live with it forever?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Developing cellulite is a terrible phenomena for women. I am just wondering if exercise can take this out or will women have to live with it forever?
Cellulite is fat like any other, and the same way to get rid of it as you do with others - nutrition and exercise. Poor circulation can also play a role in the development of cellulite, but exercise increases circulation. You canNOT spot reduce it, like you canNOT spot reduce fat. And women do NOT have to live with it; they develop it, like any other fat, from a poor diet and the lack of exercise!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

orangerain

Awards
Thank you for the answer Rosie. :) I got a little panicky when one of my friends told me it's irreversible. :| But it's good to know that it can be taken out through exercise and diet.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the answer Rosie. :) I got a little panicky when one of my friends told me it's irreversible. :| But it's good to know that it can be taken out through exercise and diet.
No worries, chick :) One thing to remember is almost EVERYTHING is reversible; and nutrition and training can be a 'cure' for a great many things, including but not limited to cellulite, obesity, diabetes (Type II), high cholesterol, etc. Unless your friend/s are educated fitness professionals who know their stuff, then I would take anything they say regarding health and fitness with a grain of salt.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

footballfam

Awards
I managed to gain lots of cellulite and now it is gone. 50lbs later there is none. It will go away.

orangerain

Awards
I managed to gain lots of cellulite and now it is gone. 50lbs later there is none. It will go away.
That's good to know. I have been trying to keep my diet balanced and have been exercising. It really does lessen the cellulite, especially at the back of my thighs.

Shelly

Shelly

Awards
am so glad to hear that cellulite is reversable! but have a question, how come some women who are very thin with not much fat have cellulite??

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Last I checked and it's been a while but you can never kill off fat cells with anything less than LIPO. Once you create a fat cell it can only be shrunk. Cellulite is a weird beast... I know marathon runners with <10% BF who have some cellulite. That doesn't mean it can't be reduced and eating better with exercise will make your body healthier overall.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also Cellulitis isn't the same thing as cellulite...

As to my statement above about fat cells; there are several therories out right now. One I just found states that you never change the number but only how much fat they hold but that apparently opens other questions that have no answers just yet.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Poor circulation can also play a role in the development of cellulite, but exercise increases circulation.
Circulation definetly plays a big role. A lot of women have desk jobs and it seems to contribute to the problem. Unfortunately there's not a whole lot one can do about this because the jobs require so much sitting. Important thing is to get that exercise in after work ;)