Losing belly fat

killamac27

killamac27

Awards
Hello, this woman I work with is wondering what is the best way to lose her belly fat. She has a nice figure weighs between 130-140 but has a gut. I told her it is most likely from drinking all the time. She said she would cut back on the drinking and her diet sounds pretty clean to me. My question is what would be the best workout for her to target fat loss in her core area. HIIT training would be my guess..?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Hello, this woman I work with is wondering what is the best way to lose her belly fat. She has a nice figure weighs between 130-140 but has a gut. I told her it is most likely from drinking all the time. She said she would cut back on the drinking and her diet sounds pretty clean to me. My question is what would be the best workout for her to target fat loss in her core area. HIIT training would be my guess..?
i've been trying to do this for a while now and think it just depends on what will wind up working for her. if she is not strict about her diet, and it sounds like she isn't, her results will be slow if at all. i'm doing keto right now, 2 days in, and it's not that bad but i have to see what happens after like a month of this.

lymbo

lymbo

Awards
lots of reps..hanging leg raises..then I do 20/30 min of Ab's no rest on the core Ball..I mix it up and do twisty's with a stick in between sets..wrap up it with a rubber belt for a few months..it works for me

kokobeware2

Awards
  • Established
i usually do 3/33 for abs and squeezing at the top for double crunches. captain's chair leg raises i do 3/15 then some bridges. stuff like that will help learn her out. as said by lymbo, high reps. burn off all that belly fat

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You canNOT target/spot reduce fat loss with training. If she wants to "lose her belly fat" then she needs to reduce her body composition, simple as that. Her diet, regardless of what it sounds like, needs to be looked at more closely - to make sure that she's actually eating ENOUGH and of the right foods - and yeah, she needs to stop the drinking. Her belly could be the LAST place where the fat comes off - fat loss is not selective and will come from all over, or from some places before others. When she starts getting leaner, her belly will go. If she's already relatively lean and just holds fat there, then eliminating the drinking and checking her diet will be a start. Training can be done any which way for fat loss, but high intensity, as heavy weight as she can handle for her set reps, as well as HIIT cardio 2-3 times a week will be adequate. If she's already relatively lean and makes those changes, then she could use a topical such as Eviscerate to help - please note that topicals are NOT magic products and she needs to have everything ELSE right as well.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
lots of reps..hanging leg raises..then I do 20/30 min of Ab's no rest on the core Ball..I mix it up and do twisty's with a stick in between sets..wrap up it with a rubber belt for a few months..it works for me
i usually do 3/33 for abs and squeezing at the top for double crunches. captain's chair leg raises i do 3/15 then some bridges. stuff like that will help learn her out. as said by lymbo, high reps. burn off all that belly fat
guys abs are made in the kitchen not the gym. abs can and s/g exercised just like any other muscle group but all it's going to do is make the muscles tighter and give you the apperance of losing fat there.

lymbo

lymbo

Awards
well there ya go...join NYSC and get it done together...

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Along with what guejsn posted I'd say to decrease cortisol. I've read excess levels of cortisol stores fat in the stomach area. Diet and exercise.

BMCLouzee

Rosie's got the idea. Listen to her. I don't want to be redundant, but targeting one area of your body is not the answer.

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
It is hard to target a area, pretty much impossible. But if you do abs before cardio your body will be predisposed to burn more cals in that area because they are already warmed up. They will already have lots of bloodflow because of the reps in the abs training. And being stressed,will add to the amount of work they are doing. It is not going to do much but it is as good as it gets when you are trying to reduce the stomach size.

Make sure she eats a good amount of greens, protein, and slow carbs. Tell her to cycle some carbs in every 5th or 6th day to help leptin levels.