Feedback on my wife's workout and supplement stack

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
My wife doesn't have an account on here so I thought i'd just post this up to see what you guys thought. I am recommending some supplements to her to assist in her goals. Here's the info:

She is 5' 6" and weighs 130 lbs at 25% bodyfat. She is looking to recomp for the summer. Her goals are to lose body fat while maintaining muscle mass and strength, and if possible gain some muscle. Here's what I have set up for her.

Workout routine: 5x5 stronglifts with me; three day per week.

Cardio: 2 days per week. At 25 minutes so far and going to add one minute each session until hitting 45 minutes.

Diet: Chicken, turkey, fish, egg whites, fresh veggies, apples, oranges, brown rice, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, almonds, avocados, string cheese etc. This is similar to my diet only smaller portions.

Supplements: DCP, ZMA, Creatine, Fish Oil, Protein (This is what i've come up with so far.)

Any feedback or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
post up what your woman is eating, not liek what but how much and when. That will make or break her.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Breakfast: 2 egg whites, 1 piece turkey bacon, orange

Mid morning snack: 1 String cheese, handful of almonds

Lunch: 1 turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread; no cheese, no dressing.

Mid afternoon snack: banana, handful of almonds, a few pieces of celery with laughing cow light cheese spread.

Dinner: Two chicken tenderloins, 1 cup of veggies (broccoli or corn), 1/4 cup of brown or wild/long grain rice. Chicken is prepared in frying pan with olive oil and usually some sort of dry seasoning.

On workout days 1 serving of protein post workout.

Edit: Some of the other foods I mentioned will replace others but in similar quantities. Such as instead of chicken she will have fish.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks good to me, low carbs and higher in fat. Protein is like 65 off days and 95 on workout days. Maybe add in some cottages cheese pre bed as a good snack. Id keep the cardio at ~30mins tops, or switch her over to HIIT on off days.

Id had my gf use lean fx and she really liked it, she had pretty good results with similar diet and training as well as similar stats. So my reccomendation would be either that or a topical one like CEL's suppress C. Ive used suppress and liked it better than oral versions. LMK what ya think of that

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Diet looks good to me, low carbs and higher in fat. Protein is like 65 off days and 95 on workout days. Maybe add in some cottages cheese pre bed as a good snack. Id keep the cardio at ~30mins tops, or switch her over to HIIT on off days.

Id had my gf use lean fx and she really liked it, she had pretty good results with similar diet and training as well as similar stats. So my reccomendation would be either that or a topical one like CEL's suppress C. Ive used suppress and liked it better than oral versions. LMK what ya think of that
Yeah, the Suppress could be a good addition. I'll look into it; i've never researched it that much. Would it be a different dose for a woman?

Would 10 mins be a good starting point for the HIIT?

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, the Suppress could be a good addition. I'll look into it; i've never researched it that much. Would it be a different dose for a woman?

Would 10 mins be a good starting point for the HIIT?
I assume it would be a standard dose for anyone, Ill ask to make sure though.

Yeah Id start at 10mins and make your way up, dont want to strain her to much. HIIT really takes it out of you, when I did it Id always take 2+days off inbetween

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
I assume it would be a standard dose for anyone, Ill ask to make sure though.

Yeah Id start at 10mins and make your way up, dont want to strain her to much. HIIT really takes it out of you, when I did it Id always take 2+days off inbetween
Alright cool. Thanks for your help.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Well here's what I ordered for her:

OEP by USP labs
DCP by RPN
ZMA
Creatine Mono

She's going to bridge from OxyElite to DCP. Then, when the time comes I may order her some Suppress C or Lean Xtreme. So far her diet and training are already producing some good results.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Alright cool. Thanks for your help.
Np, Ill get back to you monday sometime on the answer about the suppress C.
Well here's what I ordered for her:

OEP by USP labs
DCP by RPN
ZMA
Creatine Mono

She's going to bridge from OxyElite to DCP. Then, when the time comes I may order her some Suppress C or Lean Xtreme. So far her diet and training are already producing some good results.
Stack looks good but Im a little iffy on the mono, due to water retention. MCC or CEE may be a better choice but play it by ear since you already got some mono

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Np, Ill get back to you monday sometime on the answer about the suppress C.

Stack looks good but Im a little iffy on the mono, due to water retention. MCC or CEE may be a better choice but play it by ear since you already got some mono
If anything I can use the mono. What about ATP tabs from Palo Alto? Seems like it's getting good reviews and claims (obviously since it's ATP) the same results as creatine without the bloat.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
If anything I can use the mono. What about ATP tabs from Palo Alto? Seems like it's getting good reviews and claims (obviously since it's ATP) the same results as creatine without the bloat.
lol funny you should ask about ATP tabs from PA. I just got done doing a sponsored log on them like a week ago, I did a pretty good review so Id say check that out for sure.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
lol funny you should ask about ATP tabs from PA. I just got done doing a sponsored log on them like a week ago, I did a pretty good review so Id say check that out for sure.
I'll probably get some to try for myself lol. There seems to be alot of good products coming out lately.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
I'll probably get some to try for myself lol. There seems to be alot of good products coming out lately.
definately worth checking out, very cheap and effective product ;)

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
have your wife dose suppress c as direted on teh bottle, instructions are standardized for everyone.

Z28Luver7777

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds pretty good, just increase the cardio, try and drink more water, separate the food out into 5-6 small meals, and just stay commited

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
have your wife dose suppress c as direted on teh bottle, instructions are standardized for everyone.
Do you think suppress c or similar is strong enough to worry about? In other words, does it have the potential to suppress cortisol too much? The reason i'm asking is because my wife seems to always feel tired and I'm afraid that may be due to her cortisol level being too low from adrenal fatigue or something. I know the only way to know for sure would be bloodwork.

GeekPoop

GeekPoop

Awards
  • Established
Do you think suppress c or similar is strong enough to worry about? In other words, does it have the potential to suppress cortisol too much? The reason i'm asking is because my wife seems to always feel tired and I'm afraid that may be due to her cortisol level being too low from adrenal fatigue or something. I know the only way to know for sure would be bloodwork.
cortisol can be suppressed just like any other hormone, and just like any other hormone it will rebound. IME I use the product ~4 weeks and then taper it for 1-2 weeks afterwards.

if she is worrying or has an issue with coritsol, Id skip it completely to be on the safe side ;)