1. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Arm fat

My girlfriend has armfat. She seems to be lean everywhere but the last place its coming off is on the arms. She lifts regularly and has a decent diet. Sometimes she tends to have too large of portions. She has plenty of muscle under the fat and I've told her to cut back on the arm exercises because the muscle + the fat makes her arms look huge. How do you ladies decrease the fat in this area? Or does she just need to decrease body fat all over? She is about 20% right now. Her goal is 18% by summer.

She takes 1000mg of vitamin C for cortisol morning and preworkout. Fishoil, zinc at night and sometimes activate extreme preworkout.

2. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.41%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by wastedwhiteboy2 View Post
    My girlfriend has armfat. She seems to be lean everywhere but the last place its coming off is on the arms. She lifts regularly and has a decent diet. Sometimes she tends to have too large of portions. She has plenty of muscle under the fat and I've told her to cut back on the arm exercises because the muscle + the fat makes her arms look huge. How do you ladies decrease the fat in this area? Or does she just need to decrease body fat all over? She is about 20% right now. Her goal is 18% by summer.

She takes 1000mg of vitamin C for cortisol morning and preworkout. Fishoil, zinc at night and sometimes activate extreme preworkout.
    There's no reason to stop doing exercises for her arms, unless she already does a lot of compound lifts that work them - and then isolation exercises aren't really required.

You CANNOT spot reduce. The fat will come off there once she leans up - it goes from all over, or one place before another first, depending on the individual. Like you said, her arms could just be the area where she will lose it last.

As far as her body composition, 20% bodyfat, although considered "average" or "normal" is actually reasonably high, and bodyfat everywhere is going to be noticeable on it.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  3. Board Supporter
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.39%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Yes she does do the compound exercises and then isolation exercises too. I'll tell her to cut out the isolation exercises.

Cool. Thanks for the help. She has too many friends that are 25% and higher so she sees herself as the tiny one. I keep telling her to stay above 14% but get closer to it.
    •