2 months..need help

blustang

Awards
I posted back in May about a pageant I'm competing in. I went and got a trainer from August to now. But I let the trainer go because I was not getting the results I wanted. He was trying to bulk me up instead of lean me out and define everything. I have actually gained weight since May and Although I have seen alot of results in other areas, the primary areas I needed to focus on: Abs and leg and gluteals, we didnt really work on.

I have 2 months until my pageant and my stomach hasnt changed at all I hold the majority of my fat in my stomach and thighs (like most females). Can anyone give me some advice on how to get this fat off and really define everything?

I have really altered my diet to a high fiber breakfast (oatmeal), usually a salad for lunch, and grilled chicken, fish, or turkey with veggies for dinner. My splurge is sweet tea but other than that I only drink water and juice. I was mostly doing weight training with my trainer and very little cardio, if any at all. Any kind of help/tips on diet or exercises/cardio would be greatly appreciated

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I posted back in May about a pageant I'm competing in. I went and got a trainer from August to now. But I let the trainer go because I was not getting the results I wanted. He was trying to bulk me up instead of lean me out and define everything. I have actually gained weight since May and Although I have seen alot of results in other areas, the primary areas I needed to focus on: Abs and leg and gluteals, we didnt really work on.

I have 2 months until my pageant and my stomach hasnt changed at all I hold the majority of my fat in my stomach and thighs (like most females). Can anyone give me some advice on how to get this fat off and really define everything?

I have really altered my diet to a high fiber breakfast (oatmeal), usually a salad for lunch, and grilled chicken, fish, or turkey with veggies for dinner. My splurge is sweet tea but other than that I only drink water and juice. I was mostly doing weight training with my trainer and very little cardio, if any at all. Any kind of help/tips on diet or exercises/cardio would be greatly appreciated
For a start, if you knew your trainer was doing that then why did you stay with him for so long??? And if he was trying to get you to gain muscle, then that's NOT a bad thing, as more muscle will mean that fat loss will be easier. And you should have worked your core, glutes, and legs, especially if you did compound exercises, especially squats and deadlifts. Abs you don't need to do more than twice a week for ~100 reps a session, as your core gets worked with all the compounds.

8 weeks is time a plenty to lose the fat and lean up. Trust me, you don't really want to be cutting for too long.

You should be having at least 2-3 more meals than what you are.

Cardio is NOT necessary to lose fat.

Read The 3 keys to Fat Loss; that covers EVERYthing re nutrition and training for fat loss.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

BMCLouzee

Rosie knows her ****, I know I've been reading her posts. Muscle gain isn't a bad thing. In fact, the more muscle you have the easier it is to lose fat because the added muscle has something to attack. You have plenty of time to cut, nothing to worry there.