ZMA safe for women?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%

ZMA safe for women?

my girlfriend wakes up during her nightly sleep about 2 to 3 times a night. jw if ZMA is safe for women to take to allow them to sleep deeper. im on it, and it works for me, but i am a male. any thoughts/studies on this? thanks!

2. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    5'3"  126 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.59%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Its fine for her to take. I have used a multitude of sleep products.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%

ok cool. i just know zinc can increase HGH and other stuff and she doesnt work out, shes like 5 foot 2 110 lbs tiny lil thing and i dont wanna mess her up
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by Swoldierboy View Post
    my girlfriend wakes up during her nightly sleep about 2 to 3 times a night. jw if ZMA is safe for women to take to allow them to sleep deeper. im on it, and it works for me, but i am a male. any thoughts/studies on this? thanks!
    ok cool. i just know zinc can increase HGH and other stuff and she doesnt work out, shes like 5 foot 2 110 lbs tiny lil thing and i dont wanna mess her up
    Like Christine said, ZMA is fine for her to use.

Zinc is also fine. Increasing HGH doesn't mean anything re changes if she's not training and eating for them!

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%

one last thing, she ahs frequent migraines. can ZMA trigger migraines or headaches
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%

and ZMA can increase free testosterone by 30%. even though she wont be using it, it can cause hormonal imbalance. is that safe for a female?
  7. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

one last thing, she ahs frequent migraines. can ZMA trigger migraines or headaches
    Frequent migraines can be caused by sleep disturbances, among other things. ZMA will not trigger migraines or headaches.

and ZMA can increase free testosterone by 30%. even though she wont be using it, it can cause hormonal imbalance. is that safe for a female?
    Don't worry about her increasing either her total testosterone, free testosterone, or Growth Hormone. As a female total and free testosterone increases are negligible and will NOT give the same results as increasing them in a male. Read Breaking the Myth: Increasing Testosterone in Females = Muscle Accretion, Strength Gains, and Fat Loss. And just because either of those increases it does not mean that it will create a hormone imbalance. It would in fact help balance her hormones, especially if she is deficient in Zinc, Magnesium, or Vitamin B6.

ZMA is completely safe for both males AND females to use, and really no different to using a Zinc/Magnesium/Vitamin B6 product (which can be found in any supermarket).

Perhaps look at fixing the factors that are causing her sleep disturbances before looking straight to a supplement to 'cure' it.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%

well she got in a car wreck a year ago and causes her migraines that make her scream to the top of her lungs at times. drs dont know whats wrong. gonna try acupuncture. anyways, when she wakes up from naps, she almost always has migraines, bad ones. and she eats well, drinks plenty of water and all. thats why i was thinking ZMA will give her a deeper sleep so she doesnt wake up with migraines, allow for the REM stage to be reached multiple times and get plenty of rest for no need of naps
  9. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

well she got in a car wreck a year ago and causes her migraines that make her scream to the top of her lungs at times. drs dont know whats wrong. gonna try acupuncture. anyways, when she wakes up from naps, she almost always has migraines, bad ones. and she eats well, drinks plenty of water and all. thats why i was thinking ZMA will give her a deeper sleep so she doesnt wake up with migraines, allow for the REM stage to be reached multiple times and get plenty of rest for no need of naps
    The migraines could be caused from a factor that was not able to be 'fixed' after the car wreck, especially if she was thrown quite forcefully around the car or had severe backlash. You could always try other supplements for sleep, such as melatonin, etc.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

10. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  290 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    67.85%

How would she or another female have to adjust the doseage of ZMA? Just cut it in half?
  11. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  119 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%

Quote Originally Posted by dukeshavenfarms View Post
    How would she or another female have to adjust the doseage of ZMA? Just cut it in half?
    Depends on the individual. She could use full dosage or adjust it accordingly.

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT

12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.5%

yes. ZMA is perfectly safe for a woman. Additionally some bottles have the women's RDA and men's RDA on the same label.
    As a reference: on the bottle I have, it says 3 for men, 2 for women.

x2- increasing a womens testosterone is not necessarily a bad thing. the key is RATIO (read: how much) of testosterone in comparison to the other hormones. There has been many medicinal benefits documented regarding a boost in testosterone in women, aside from musco-skeletal tissue growth- such as bone-calcium retention, protection against anemia, mental/physical well being.

additionally your girlfriend might want to look into getting a lumbar MRI? perhaps she has a fragmented or herniated disk?

Best,
  13. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%

she has had MRIs on her whole body, including CAT scans and xrays on everything. everything except her neck is perfect. they dont know whats wrong. shes gotten better though over the last few weeks. just her meds makes her moody lol
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i read somewhere that everytime a guy shoots his load he's expelling 5mg of zinc. i must have a zinc deficiency then lol..
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  15. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.57%

hahahaha where did u hear that? im not sayin its true or not, jw
  16. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'11"  183 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40.48%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

hahahaha where did u hear that? im not sayin its true or not, jw
    some random site, really can't remember lol
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit.”
  17. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  135 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.83%

I'm pretty sure she'd be fine, it's just zinc, magnesium and amino acids I think. I've taken it before and I wake up feeling great, sometimes I have weird dreams, but overall I think it's great.

Similar Forum Threads

1. 11-oxo Safe for Women?
    By stankyleg in forum Female Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-17-2010, 05:33 PM
  2. 11-oxo safe for women?
    By stankyleg in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-12-2010, 10:34 PM
  3. Is Epistane safe for women?
    By arkassilem in forum Celtic Labs
    Replies: 3