Snacks

Luv2Fly

Awards
Is it okay to eat a lot of fruit when you're trying to get in shape? I really like to eat Del Monte's Chilled Fruit products. This stuff - bit.ly/qYT4q - It seems pretty healthy. I just really like the convenience of it not going bad and being able to just eat a small square or two whenever I feel like it. It's actually been a good way to get more fruit in my diet.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is it okay to eat a lot of fruit when you're trying to get in shape? I really like to eat Del Monte's Chilled Fruit products. This stuff - bit.ly/qYT4q - It seems pretty healthy. I just really like the convenience of it not going bad and being able to just eat a small square or two whenever I feel like it. It's actually been a good way to get more fruit in my diet.
Yes, it's ok to eat a lot of fruit when you're trying to get into shape (and "get into shape" could mean a lot of things, such as increase fitness, decrease fat, increase muscle, etc; you need yo be more SPECIFIC when you talk about body goals - the former works more with training to achieve it and the latter two are more about caloric intake and energy expenditure when it comes to achieving them). There is nothing wrong with fruit; it is healthy, low calorie and definitely useful post-training for recovery re sugar.

However, you want to stick to fruit in its natural state or frozen, not things that have a whole lot of extra processed stuff in it.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

orangerain

Awards
Fruits are better snacks than candies or chocolates... so yes.

moi

Awards
yes, fruits are really healthy and highly recommended snacks! :)

orangerain

Awards
I'd go for fresh fruits, not the canned ones if possible. :)

BMCLouzee

Personally, snacking got really bad for me, so I got rid of it all together. I concentrated on consistent, filling meals that didn't leave me hungry in between. I don't believe in snacking. I think it's a bad habit altogether. Anything I put in my mouth is a meal. And a meal means something. Again, this is my opinion. It doesn't matter if the food is healthful or not. If you reach for the Del Monte fruit several times a day in between meals and you add up all the calories and it breaks even with your daily recommended calories for body MAINTENANCE then there is no point on doing it.