Need bigger but...not bigger legs.

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
My lady friend is really trying to shape and increase the size of her glutes. She does want to however increase the size of the rest of her legs at all. Any thoughts on what exercises and streching that should be involved to reach this goal? Any and all responses are appreciated.

REEVESDIESEL

REEVESDIESEL

Awards
  • Established
The above exercise is a great one.
And sprints, endurance sprints as well.

MentalTwitch

MentalTwitch

Awards
  • Established
SLDL(stiff legged Deadlift) Seated ham. curls, super sumo stance squats.
She wont be able to grow it. Ill be to difficult to target the muscle. It will be easier to tone the areas around it. Tone the hips in, tighten the hams and narrow them.
I as of recent started focusing on hamstrings more because i think alot of people tend to lack them. My GF says my butt has def got tighter but not bigger.
Alot of people DO develope squaters but though. Look at alof of football players that squat tons.

goodluck!

MEH89

MEH89

Awards
  • Established
http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth
Check out this article, it should point you in the right direction. Personally I think glute bridges are one of the best hypertrophic exercises for the glutes.

Who ever wrote that article is an idiot. If you believe that those exercises work your glutes better than a squat, or deadlift than your also an idiot. Lets see how much that guy can squat, and deadlift. Then take a powerlifter his same height and weight and see who has stronger glutes. :think:

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Deep Deadlifts with small plates. Better not to use 45s. Stick to plenty of 10s and 25s. Keep chin up and butt low. Smaller plates allows you to go deeper. A lift could be used to deepen it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My lady friend is really trying to shape and increase the size of her glutes. She does want to however increase the size of the rest of her legs at all. Any thoughts on what exercises and streching that should be involved to reach this goal? Any and all responses are appreciated.
You're generally not going to increase your glutes without doing so in some part with your legs as well.

That said, stair running does wonders for increasing muscle mass in glutes; this did it rather profoundly for me, and I was NOT happy at all, as I already have high muscle mass in lower body and did NOT want it. Or wide stance squats, deadlifts, romanian deadlifts, will all help gain muscle mass in the glutes (provided that she is EATING for it; if she's not eating for muscle growth then she's not going to get any, period!)

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thank you for the response, I agree as I have been experimenting with exercised myself and that is one if not the best. It is tough as she wants the butt without big legs...kinda of tough

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thank you for the response, I agree as I have been experimenting with exercised myself and that is one if not the best. It is tough as she wants the bubble butt without big legs...kinda of tough
I see. Although I don't know why any woman would want a "bubble butt"; I have both the butt and the legs (not through any effort of mine I might add) and they are the least liked area of my body from my perspective.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
I see. Although I don't know why any woman would want a "bubble butt"; I have both the butt and the legs (not through any effort of mine I might add) and they are the least liked area of my body from my perspective.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
If it were up to me I wouldn't have her change a thing because to me she is perfect...but that is another story. I am trying to stear her away from butt implants...thats right butt implants.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here is the full story. She is also getting an increase in the size of her "twinz" and wants to look balanced not top heavy. If it were up to me I wouldn't have her change a thing because to me she is perfect...but that is another story. I am trying to stear her away from butt implants...thats right butt implants.
We all know my thoughts on breast implants and what that says about a woman. But, each to their own. Whatever works to make her happy with herself.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
I totally agree. It's a real tough spot...I care about her so much and don't want to change one thing about her...on the other hand I feel that if I don't help her with things like her booty it means just more surgery down the road. I choose the lesser of two evils I suppose. I just want her to be her, don't care much about how she looks one way or the other...not important to met...but it is to her.

Flaw

Flaw

Awards
  • Established
Bridge. On the floor or on the a stability ball. If you she feels nothing after 1 set of 12-15 reps add weight. Put a plate, medicine ball, dumbell on her lower stomach. This will hit the glutes something great! Number 2. Dumbell squat. Set up legs out wide. Hold single dumbell between your legs in front of you. Drop glutes doward floor till your near seated position and rise back up. Hits inner thighs and quads to but is a great glute exercise. Wide deadlifts as well. Gotta get those calves out of the movement.

PS. Her legs are gonna get bigger no matter what she does. The bridge however is the best option.

Aviad

Aviad

Board Sponsor
Awards
Bridge. On the floor or on the a stability ball. If you she feels nothing after 1 set of 12-15 reps add weight. Put a plate, medicine ball, dumbell on her lower stomach. This will hit the glutes something great! Number 2. Dumbell squat. Set up legs out wide. Hold single dumbell between your legs in front of you. Drop glutes doward floor till your near seated position and rise back up. Hits inner thighs and quads to but is a great glute exercise. Wide deadlifts as well. Gotta get those calves out of the movement.

PS. Her legs are gonna get bigger no matter what she does. The bridge however is the best option.
I appreciate that answer, that is kind of how I am leaning as well. I have used the bridge just to test it out and can't believe the difference I have noticed in just a short time.

STPlover

STPlover

Awards
How about just lying on the floor, on your back and placing the weight between your lower ab, upper leg area and just clench your ass?? This way youre totally isolating your glutes.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Power lifting squats wide will get BIGG ASS with little leg development because more use of hip flexors and glutes. I know as a powerlifting my ass was always 3 ft behind me with little quads LOL

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
you might not like your bigger leg and butt muscles rosie but i gurantee the opposite sex does.
if i were you i wouldnt ever stress it.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Squats. I've noticed that with exercises like this the weak muscle grows while the stronger muscles donot. If her legs are strong then they will not benefit as much as the weaker glutes from a squat. Her diet will make a difference too.

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
Squats. I've noticed that with exercises like this the weak muscle grows while the stronger muscles donot. If her legs are strong then they will not benefit as much as the weaker glutes from a squat. Her diet will make a difference too.
ya soo keep the milkshakes going her way.!!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It won't be difficult to build larger glutes without larger legs. I mean hamstrings would probably grow on a man but I've never seen a women able to build large hamstrings without steroids. Good mornings and sdls's probably won't really change her leg size at all. Next I'd so go with things like deadlifts and lunges. May add some leg size but I doubt it will be much.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
if you are dissing the barbell glute bridge then you wrong. glute exercises like this arent designed to replace the squat, but rather supplement it. I know for a fact my squat has gotten alot more stable and gone up dramatically. The ab walls, lats, and glutes are the stabilizers of the body. you dont just do deadlifts for your back right? you add in other exercises to target other muscles etc. plus this exercises will definitely make your a$$ grow like a rainforest. GLUTE BRIDGE FOR LIFE

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
It won't be difficult to build larger glutes without larger legs. I mean hamstrings would probably grow on a man but I've never seen a women able to build large hamstrings without steroids. Good mornings and sdls's probably won't really change her leg size at all. Next I'd so go with things like deadlifts and lunges. May add some leg size but I doubt it will be much.
Are you serious right now? I love how some people's immediate response is to play the "steroid" card. I've known quite a number of female athletes that had great hamstrings, and they were also cleaner than the Pope's kitchen. I dated a girl that competed in fitness and she had a set of hamstrings that would make most guys jealous...no juice for her either. So what's your basis for saying that girls can't grow hamstrings without steroids? Not flaming, just curious, because my experience tells me a different story.

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Because i've never seen massive hams hanging down on anybody that wasn't deisel. Maybe your idea of large hamstrings is diffrent then mine. I'm saying large hamstrings are not as obvious as having large quads. I beleive you that you date a girl that had impressive hams but I just think its really rare. Its like seeing a women with a wide lat spread or large bench press. Just doesn't happen often. Plus I thinking sticking to those exercises and minimizeing squating is the only way to get it done. Maybe preexaust with ham curls in the beginning. Also you can change foot stance and angle of those exercises to concentrate on hams..

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
Because i've never seen massive hams hanging down on anybody that wasn't deisel. Maybe your idea of large hamstrings is diffrent then mine. I'm saying large hamstrings are not as obvious as having large quads. I beleive you that you date a girl that had impressive hams but I just think its really rare. Its like seeing a women with a wide lat spread or large bench press. Just doesn't happen often. Plus I thinking sticking to those exercises and minimizeing squating is the only way to get it done. Maybe preexaust with ham curls in the beginning. Also you can change foot stance and angle of those exercises to concentrate on hams..
Gotta disagree with you here, my friend. Squatting will build a caboose unlike anything else, especially wide-stance squats. Lunges are also a great addition to the booty-building arsenal. One must also keep in mind that just like everything else, Person A might be genetically predisposed to having a larger butt than Person B, no matter what exercises they do. These are only tips that can improve upon whatever genetic potential God gave you. Just like building a huge set of arms, or bowling ball shoulders...all depends on the hand you were dealt genetically.

TipTopShape

TipTopShape

Awards
  • Established

I've read this forum and posted regarding how to improve Glutes
(is it butt right?). I'll try to find it.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've read this forum and posted regarding how to improve Glutes
(is it butt right?
). I'll try to find it.
The gluteals is the butt, yes.

~Rosie