monthly set back

annac

Awards
normally, im pretty motivated to go to the gym 6-7 times a week, and sticking to a healthy diet, and staying away from processed sugars and salty foods. im just trying to lose a few vanity 5-8 lbs.

a week or so before i get my period, i get really hungry-cravings, and binge eatting, headaches, fatigue, and i just get this feeling of "my head isn't right." Also, I get really bloated too-which makes it harder to work out.

during this time, is when all my hard work gets wasted-especially with the cravings and bloatedness. I've tried taking more calcium, working out more, drinking more water,cutting down on caffine and sugar, and 5htp-to help with my mood, but nothing seems to keep me focused and motivated to work out n eat healthy. its just really frustrating.

Do any of you ladies experience this too? Any suggestions on how to stay motivated and focused during this time? Should i try taking an appetite supprssant? if yes, which ones do you reccomend?

keeper

I can't speak directly to your issue, b/c I have always been blessed with friendly hormones. I've never even had PMS. But I will say that if you do try an appetite suppressant, SlimX by Anabolic Xtreme is phenomenally great for mood boost. I'm not taking it for weight loss. I've had some of my best workouts ever since starting it. Focus is unreal. Max energy level. Even detailing my car earlier, I noticed myself paying more attention to the smallest things and taking extra pains with the task. It's also enhanced my creativity. I hope the effect doesn't dissipate. I love it. It can't hurt to give it a try.

jim623

I can't speak directly to your issue, b/c I have always been blessed with friendly hormones. I've never even had PMS. But I will say that if you do try an appetite suppressant, SlimX by Anabolic Xtreme is phenomenally great for mood boost. I'm not taking it for weight loss. I've had some of my best workouts ever since starting it. Focus is unreal. Max energy level. Even detailing my car earlier, I noticed myself paying more attention to the smallest things and taking extra pains with the task. It's also enhanced my creativity. I hope the effect doesn't dissipate. I love it. It can't hurt to give it a try.
OMG, you are indeed the perfect woman! Works out, details her own car, and does not have PMS.

Glad your enjoying SX keeper.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
normally, im pretty motivated to go to the gym 6-7 times a week, and sticking to a healthy diet, and staying away from processed sugars and salty foods. im just trying to lose a few vanity 5-8 lbs.

a week or so before i get my period, i get really hungry-cravings, and binge eatting, headaches, fatigue, and i just get this feeling of "my head isn't right." Also, I get really bloated too-which makes it harder to work out.

during this time, is when all my hard work gets wasted-especially with the cravings and bloatedness. I've tried taking more calcium, working out more, drinking more water,cutting down on caffine and sugar, and 5htp-to help with my mood, but nothing seems to keep me focused and motivated to work out n eat healthy. its just really frustrating.

Do any of you ladies experience this too? Any suggestions on how to stay motivated and focused during this time? Should i try taking an appetite supprssant? if yes, which ones do you reccomend?
Although I rarely get my period I still experience the extreme stomach pains of ovulation. If I DO bleed, the first few days of having it are actually often the best days of training I have for a long time.

Hunger cravings, binge eating, headaches and fatigue do not bother me, as I have those when I am NORMAL (although, depending on the fatigue and what it is caused by, this can affect my training levels).

If you're having trouble being focused and motivated, then just do light work that week. Go to the gym only 2-3 times (and if you do 6-7 days a week of lifting, then that is too much as it is), or just do cardio that week instead. If you're like most women whose periods only last 3-4 days, then not training on those days is not going to have much effect on you.

An appetite suppressant is not required. The bloating will occur generally from water retention and is a side effect of having a period (even if you do not bleed), so eating anything that you are sensitive to or that can cause bloating (such as wheat) during this time can just make it feel worse. And binge eating for 3-4 days a month is not going to be a bad thing either; you learn to use those days to your advantage.

Your period is not likely to cause you a setback at all if you do not train those days and eat as you will. It will only set you back if you continue to not train and eat like crazy. Otherwise, once it's over and you get back into your normal routine, then you will be fine.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT