GF trying to gain weight, any tips?

nojomo

Awards
Hey guys first post here, hopefully more to come.

My gf weighs about 95 Lbs at 5'5. That's a bit underweight. She can't seem to eat enough to gain anything and has been trying for over a year, not moved a single pound. I've been trying to get her to take creatine and do weight lifting with the heaviest weights she can handle, once a week. Hoping to add some muscle pounds if nothing else >.<

Is this a good or bad idea? I figure muscle will look better than bone, and push out her ass etc a bit =p

Thanks for any help

panther77

panther77

Awards
  • Established
get her pregnant, that usually will add a few pounds to them, and at least some of it always seems to stay.... good luck lol

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys first post here, hopefully more to come.

My gf weighs about 95 Lbs at 5'5. That's a bit underweight. She can't seem to eat enough to gain anything and has been trying for over a year, not moved a single pound. I've been trying to get her to take creatine and do weight lifting with the heaviest weights she can handle, once a week. Hoping to add some muscle pounds if nothing else >.<

Is this a good or bad idea? I figure muscle will look better than bone, and push out her ass etc a bit =p

Thanks for any help
If she's not gaining then she's not eating ENOUGH, period! Or she may NOT be eating, or doing things to prevent her from gaining weight (you need to know. SHE has to WANT to gain weight (not all females do) before it will happen. When she wants to, if she eats enough, then it WILL happen!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

moi

Awards
i almost have the the same weight as your gf. i am eating a lot but it seems i also have a very fast metabolism. my family history/ancestry is not big boned as well. so even if i eat a lot, i still am slim. i've gone through the gym and had a personal trainer. the exercise he gave me includes lifting weights, both from machine and dumbells. In a way, the circumference size of my arms and legs have widen a bit. though i haven't fully achieved my target. i guess what i need is to train more intensely, (2-3 times a week with little cardio and focusing on lifting weights) which i haven't been doing for such a long time. my trainer also advised me to drink whey protein as part of my daily diet. i plan to go back to the gym the soonest so i could really gain weight.

roids1

roids1

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Get her pregnant. Or bettyer yet, marry her. For many women, the latter is good for at least 30lbs.

rab71

rab71

Awards
get her pregnant, that usually will add a few pounds to them, and at least some of it always seems to stay....
Beat me to this...

Anyway, on a serious note. I know you are not supposed to ask this question but how old is she?

My wife was the same way, although she could build muscle. At 28 she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Something to look into.

BMCLouzee

It could be serious. She doesn't have an eating disorder that you're not aware of, are you? Or hyperthyroidism?

But I agree with everyone else. She just needs to eat more, seriously. They have supplements that increase appetite, if she has difficulty eating at all. But get her checked with a doctor. Like I said, it could be serious. If it helps, when I was on the shot I gained 20 unwanted pounds despite consistent visits to the gym. I hated it, but in her case it might help.

COOK FOR HER! Ladies like that. I mean, I hate my boyfriend's cooking because he's on a bulk and completely anal about no sodium, but if he cooked something tasty I would love to eat it.

Get her checked. That weight just isn't healthy, especially at 5'5.