GF trying to gain weight, any tips?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32%

GF trying to gain weight, any tips?

Hey guys first post here, hopefully more to come.

My gf weighs about 95 Lbs at 5'5. That's a bit underweight. She can't seem to eat enough to gain anything and has been trying for over a year, not moved a single pound. I've been trying to get her to take creatine and do weight lifting with the heaviest weights she can handle, once a week. Hoping to add some muscle pounds if nothing else >.<

Is this a good or bad idea? I figure muscle will look better than bone, and push out her ass etc a bit =p

Thanks for any help

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.74%

marry her lol jk
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.02%
    Achievements Posting Pro

get her pregnant, that usually will add a few pounds to them, and at least some of it always seems to stay.... good luck lol
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  116 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.4%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by nojomo View Post
    Hey guys first post here, hopefully more to come.

My gf weighs about 95 Lbs at 5'5. That's a bit underweight. She can't seem to eat enough to gain anything and has been trying for over a year, not moved a single pound. I've been trying to get her to take creatine and do weight lifting with the heaviest weights she can handle, once a week. Hoping to add some muscle pounds if nothing else >.<

Is this a good or bad idea? I figure muscle will look better than bone, and push out her ass etc a bit =p

Thanks for any help
    If she's not gaining then she's not eating ENOUGH, period! Or she may NOT be eating, or doing things to prevent her from gaining weight (you need to know. SHE has to WANT to gain weight (not all females do) before it will happen. When she wants to, if she eats enough, then it WILL happen!

~Rosie
    Team APPNUT
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'5"  100 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.67%

i almost have the the same weight as your gf. i am eating a lot but it seems i also have a very fast metabolism. my family history/ancestry is not big boned as well. so even if i eat a lot, i still am slim. i've gone through the gym and had a personal trainer. the exercise he gave me includes lifting weights, both from machine and dumbells. In a way, the circumference size of my arms and legs have widen a bit. though i haven't fully achieved my target. i guess what i need is to train more intensely, (2-3 times a week with little cardio and focusing on lifting weights) which i haven't been doing for such a long time. my trainer also advised me to drink whey protein as part of my daily diet. i plan to go back to the gym the soonest so i could really gain weight.
  6. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

If weight-gain is wanted but not occurring, there's only one reason; that person isn't eating enough.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  7. Banned
    Stats
    6'3"  230 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.22%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Get her pregnant. Or bettyer yet, marry her. For many women, the latter is good for at least 30lbs.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  184 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    8.78%

get her pregnant, that usually will add a few pounds to them, and at least some of it always seems to stay....
    Beat me to this...

Anyway, on a serious note. I know you are not supposed to ask this question but how old is she?

My wife was the same way, although she could build muscle. At 28 she was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. Something to look into.
  9. BMCLouzee

It could be serious. She doesn't have an eating disorder that you're not aware of, are you? Or hyperthyroidism?

But I agree with everyone else. She just needs to eat more, seriously. They have supplements that increase appetite, if she has difficulty eating at all. But get her checked with a doctor. Like I said, it could be serious. If it helps, when I was on the shot I gained 20 unwanted pounds despite consistent visits to the gym. I hated it, but in her case it might help.

COOK FOR HER! Ladies like that. I mean, I hate my boyfriend's cooking because he's on a bulk and completely anal about no sodium, but if he cooked something tasty I would love to eat it.

Get her checked. That weight just isn't healthy, especially at 5'5.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-07-2012, 01:50 PM
  2. Weight lose tips,..
    By Benedict in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-15-2011, 11:15 AM
  3. Weight loss tips
    By xbigboi93 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-20-2009, 12:01 AM
  4. Tips That Let You Eat Up and Keep Weight Down