Muscle Peak

killfat

killfat

Awards
Aside from all these posts about weight loss, back to muscles. I've been hammering away at my biceps, trying to get a good peak. I've got a solid bed and height, I think I may have posted before the size of them, without looking back, I think I wrote 15", i don't have measure handy I'm at work. Anyway, they're solid and great but I want a higher peak. I've been reading Arnold's encyclopedia and his education book; both mention the seated alternate dumbell curl and floor to delt concentration curls. I've been doing these at 35lbs the heaviest free weight I can do in each hand independantly. At 70 on cable machines each each arm independently. Diet in check, started Hdrol cycle this morning. Is there aside from free weight hammer curls and barbell curls (at 75lb) , is there something else I should do. I just stopped keto diet w/a drop set combo that i was on. And am now lifting as heavy as I can to failure on all reps and super clean diet. Any help will help. Thanks!!

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Some genetically don't have a peak. Some do. Just keep to the basics and you can maximize what the genes say you have. Also, if you are 5'6 and 150, how big do think they can get? Your profile says you are a female, so at those stats, I would say you are fairly built already. I don't know of too many females barbell curling 75 pounds.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Some genetically don't have a peak. Some do. Just keep to the basics and you can maximize what the genes say you have. Also, if you are 5'6 and 150, how big do think they can get? No offense, you are just a small framed guy. Keep hammering the heavy basics, and eating to grow.

OP is FEMALE. Not a small framed guy, lol.

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
I know, you beat me to it before my edited post showed up. LOL

killfat

killfat

Awards
ha ha. I feel like a small framed guy! I'm jumping the gun of the hdrol cycle i started, I should wait and see if it shreds me some more and it might pump my guns up. I have reached a bf ratio that I'm happy with but am at that chiseling stage and it's just one long process....... I don't want to get my muscle too used to my routines.

S

SaintsFan

Awards
Aside from all these posts about weight loss, back to muscles. I've been hammering away at my biceps, trying to get a good peak. I've got a solid bed and height, I think I may have posted before the size of them, without looking back, I think I wrote 15", i don't have measure handy I'm at work. Anyway, they're solid and great but I want a higher peak. I've been reading Arnold's encyclopedia and his education book; both mention the seated alternate dumbell curl and floor to delt concentration curls. I've been doing these at 35lbs the heaviest free weight I can do in each hand independantly. At 70 on cable machines each each arm independently. Diet in check, started Hdrol cycle this morning. Is there aside from free weight hammer curls and barbell curls (at 75lb) , is there something else I should do. I just stopped keto diet w/a drop set combo that i was on. And am now lifting as heavy as I can to failure on all reps and super clean diet. Any help will help. Thanks!!
I have developed a really nice peak on my biceps the last couple of months by doing alternating sets of dumbbell preacher curls. I do 3 sets of 15 reps.
I was doing heavier waits w/lower reps but it was not giving me the peek. Since I changed to the higher rep set up my biceps have really responded well

killfat

killfat

Awards
I haven't done independent dumbell curls yet on preacher, i usually do those w/just the barbell. I just got off of dropsets though and am moving heavy and low reps right now. maybe it will shock it. I will try the ind. dumbell curls tomorrow on bis/tris day. Thanks for the tip!

killfat

killfat

Awards

I wonder if this worked. If it did you should be seeing my issue w/my muscle peak. I am very strong and my forearms are like a dudes, all veined out and very strong but I can't get my bicep to peak no matter how heavy or what a beating I give myself. Maybe I should drop more fat?

killfat

killfat

Awards

Ok, if this one is done right, you're looking at my back. Sorry my arms did not want to go up higher tonight. I was wrecked from the gym.

This is to give everyone an idea of my body and put it together w/all my whinning about my muscle definition and supplements to take and workout tips.

killfat

killfat

Awards

And here's another because I'm old and this whole internet picture posting thing is awesome!!! Irish I hope you see these and if you have any tips, or Guesein, I know I screwed your name up, sorry, by memory! Or anyone is welcome. I'm trying to get ripped up. I'm curling 75lb barbells and 45 hammer curls. But I can't get my biceps to POP !!!

killfat

killfat

Awards
Crap! can anyone see these pics or is it my filter at work? I could see them last night.

S

SaintsFan

Awards
Nice pics. My biceps looked similar to yours and I was stressing about my peak also. Like I said the alternating dumbbell preacher curls are what did it for me.
Try those for a month and you should see some real difference. You want to drop the weight some and do 15 reps and make sure to get a good squeeze @ the top and hold for a couple of seconds.
Also I didn't go all the way down on the negative because it was aggravating my elbow.

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Yes, the pics are there. Curling 45 pound hammer curls, and 75 pound barbell curl is no joke, even for a guy really. How many reps are you getting with those weights? What is your form like? When doing them do you get a burn going, can you feel the stretch at the bottom? For me, i had to cehck my ego, and really focus on being strict with my erps. Be it barbell curls or dumbells, whatever. make sure you get full extension, your shoulders remain stationary, and you are only moving at the elbow. Alot of people actually go too far on their reps and rotate their shoulders, so their forearms actually pass 90 degrees at the top, and the weight kind of falls back down into their shoulders, if that makes sense. Make sure you shoulders stay still, and that virtually eliminates that issue, which takes tension off the bi's. You don't have to do super slow reps or anything, just make sure you get full extension, which is where alot of people sell them selves short. Also, in between sets, you can do static holds, no weight. Just do a no weight curl with just your hands, and squeeze the crap out of your bis until they knot up. Then hold it for 15-20 seconds. When you get that squeeze, and knotting feeling, try to replicate that during your sets.

Maybe you know this stuff already, but thought it might help.

killfat

killfat

Awards
Thank both of your responses. The 75 barbell curl, is my last set, I get 6 out and then forget it. I do that last set proper, I can't replicate it again, my strength on that zapped. When I was doing drop sets, I was able to do that set twice but again, it was also my first two sets. The hammers, I could drop weight on that and go for more reps. I do max 8 on those. But you are right, I could kick my ego a little and get a little more reps and better stretch if I dropped to 60-65 on barbells and 35 on hammers. I will try this, I will try anything right now to get a peak. I feel like my arms at 13 inches should have more to show for it after the beating I give them. I should post a video, that might help too. I want to build my shoulders us big time this summer. I'm doing 5 sets mostly on everything I do. Except the leg press, that I go until I am tired, a good 25 minutes at a now 16 plates. 720lbs. I like to play on that a lot, go real light and do each leg at a time and then load that mother up to a full house and crank up the pain. Off topic! it's my day off so naturally I'm thinking about the gym.

Y

youngandfree

Awards
  • Established
Try lowering the weights and do sets of 12-15 to really get the feel of the burn. Also, when doing barbell curls, stand with your back against a wall or pole, to keep you from leaning back and swinging. Get 12 good reps like that, then translate it into other exercises.

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
high pulley cable curls work best for me..AFTER an arm work out.

another thats effective: lay belly down on incline bench and alt curl dumbbells (i use 45)..this allows for full attention on bicep w/o cheating.