Can a female bodybuilder get pregnant???

Can a female bodybuilder have a healthy baby???

• e mail me

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Overall62

Overall62

Awards
I am 39 years old, so i don't have alot of time left. I am a national level bodybuilder. I'm 5'7" and 185lbs. I have taken a variety of anabolic and androgenic steroids in the past, haven't had my period for years. My fiance' wants to have children......my question is: How long do i have to be off of everything before it's safe for me to get pregnant. I know i'll get my period after 3 months of being off.....but i'm not sure it would be safe as far as having a normal healthy baby. ???? Can anyone help me....my Doctors arent too knowledgeable about women on steroids.

THANKS

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
I am 39 years old, so i don't have alot of time left. I am a national level bodybuilder. I'm 5'7" and 185lbs. I have taken a variety of anabolic and androgenic steroids in the past, haven't had my period for years. My fiance' wants to have children......my question is: How long do i have to be off of everything before it's safe for me to get pregnant. I know i'll get my period after 3 months of being off.....but i'm not sure it would be safe as far as having a normal healthy baby. ???? Can anyone help me....my Doctors arent too knowledgeable about women on steroids.

THANKS
I would post this in the female fitness section, here http://anabolicminds.com/forum/female-fitness/

There are some other female competitors here, and they may be able to shine some light on that subject. I on the other hand in this situation am completely ignorant and of no real help :) Hope you get a good answer.

This is the forum announcement section. lol.

rockymeet

Awards
A lot of women want to have physique and attractive shape of body. As a rule, they are afraid to start their bodybuilding program because they think they will become as muscular as professional female bodybuilders. In reality, it isn’t so because of the nature of women’s organism.

russy_russ

Awards
  • Established
A lot of women want to have physique and attractive shape of body. As a rule, they are afraid to start their bodybuilding program because they think they will become as muscular as professional female bodybuilders. In reality, it isn’t so because of the nature of women’s organism.
I think you answered her question precisely!:borladuck:

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established

THANKS
You need to get all your LH/FSH/E/PR/DHEAS/Free Test all checked, I am certain that some tweaking exogenously by a fertility expert will allow you to begin having normal ovulatory cycles, but don't be surprised if despite exogenous help you are unable to have children. From an endocrinologic standpoint, you could be completely incapable at this point given the prior use of hromonal agents. Best of luck.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if you do get pregnant as long as all your hormones are back in order and the juice is not in your blood anymore (all hallifes are gone) and all is clear, it should be able to IMO go to multiple doctors

Bigblondekid

Awards
I would take a year off at least just to be sure. Steroids can lead to birth defects which is not something that I would chance. As a guy I am planning on taking a year, at least, off of gear before I decide to have children just because I would feel safer having everything out of my system completely and having my hormones at a normal level for an extended period of time. Just my opinion, of course, but as far as having children goes I think that it's better to play it safe and not take any chances. Good luck with everything and I hope it all works out well for you.

jay21

jay21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ya he is right plus also now a days doctors can see any birth defects before bby is born while it is still in early stage

russianstar

Awards
  • Established
I think the advice to take a year off is very wise, get everything balanced, hormones satisfactory, you will still be just 40, my mum was the same age having me, the steroid use shouldnt effect your eggs, its just imprtant everything is functioning fully, your mensturation and your estrogen levels should be back to normal first.

crader

crader

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
If you can take time off then it might be best just to give your hormones a chance to stabilse. However I know someone who got pregnant on cycle and abandoned the cycle and so far the baby is growing very normally inside momma!!

I've discussed this with a knowledgeable member here and it all seemed to come out with an okay sign! So if you are done competing and have stopped your cycle then once your period comes back then its up to you. There are never any guarentees, but birth defects can be more prevelant as you get older. If you are comfortable then wait a year and go for it.

joeplano19

Awards
My wife was a fitness competitor for 10 years and has had two of the most beautiful healthy children. Get a check up and blood work just to make sure but you should have no issues if the DR gives you then go ahead. My wife was 32 when our second was born.

theBIGcactus

theBIGcactus

Awards
  • Established
get some blood work done, only way to be sure but some damage may have been done already. good luck