Female Tribex

B

blustang

Awards
Ok. This may not make too muh sense. But I'll do my best.

Ive been working out and changing my diet...limiting cardio to 5-10 min a day, and doing alot more resistance training (about 4-5 days a week) and seeing great results (Thanks Guejsn!) Recently my boyfriend who has been helping me out with my resistance training started taking Tribex. He said it was a testosterone booster and doubled as a fat burner, and hes not fat by any means, but what little bit of fat he does have is being burnt off fast by this stuff. So I was wondering.. Is there anything like tribex on the market for females that actually works?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok. This may not make too muh sense. But I'll do my best.

Ive been working out and changing my diet...limiting cardio to 5-10 min a day, and doing alot more resistance training (about 4-5 days a week) and seeing great results (Thanks Guejsn!) Recently my boyfriend who has been helping me out with my resistance training started taking Tribex. He said it was a testosterone booster and doubled as a fat burner, and hes not fat by any means, but what little bit of fat he does have is being burnt off fast by this stuff. So I was wondering.. Is there anything like tribex on the market for females that actually works?
All good. I would actually cut your resistance training down to 4 days a week; your body needs adequate time to RECOVER (since that's when it adapts and changes).

Tribex is primarily Tribulus Terrestris. Tribulus Terrestris has not been shown to increase endogenous androgen production (which would aid in muscle accretion and fat loss) in either males OR females (Saudan, Baume, Emery, Strahm & Saugy, 2008).

Testosterone boosters do not necessarily double as fat burners. If one is losing fat using one, then it is because they are potentially gaining more muscle mass, or their diet is targeted that way, or (if a male) because of the higher testosterone levels (if it is FREE Testosterone). Females won't necessarily gain muscle or lose fat any faster by increasing testosterone levels (I actually just finished writin an article on this very topic).

As for there being "anything like Tribex on the market for females"; females CAN use Tribex.

If you're looking for something that can aid in recomping (which is what gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously is), then look into a GH/testosterone booster, such as IGF-2 (I gained muscle and lost fat on this product, and it keeps me relatively lean, which says something, considering I easily eat ~4000 cal/day)! GH is actually what determines the rate at which a female gains muscle or loses fat (Kraemer & Ratamess, 2005); and although there is no evidence to prove that increasing testosterone in females does anything re results, there is no harm in trying to create the most anabolic environment possible.

However, really, most of it is in your DIET (I cannot stress that enough)!!!

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
All good. I would actually cut your resistance training down to 4 days a week; your body needs adequate time to RECOVER (since that's when it adapts and changes).

Tribex is primarily Tribulus Terrestris. Tribulus Terrestris has not been shown to increase endogenous androgen production (which would aid in muscle accretion and fat loss) in either males OR females (Saudan, Baume, Emery, Strahm & Saugy, 2008).

Testosterone boosters do not necessarily double as fat burners. If one is losing fat using one, then it is because they are potentially gaining more muscle mass, or their diet is targeted that way, or (if a male) because of the higher testosterone levels (if it is FREE Testosterone). Females won't necessarily gain muscle or lose fat any faster by increasing testosterone levels (I actually just finished writin an article on this very topic).

As for there being "anything like Tribex on the market for females"; females CAN use Tribex.

If you're looking for something that can aid in recomping (which is what gaining muscle and losing fat simultaneously is), then look into a GH/testosterone booster, such as IGF-2 (I gained muscle and lost fat on this product, and it keeps me relatively lean, which says something, considering I easily eat ~4000 cal/day)! GH is actually what determines the rate at which a female gains muscle or loses fat (Kraemer & Ratamess, 2005); and although there is no evidence to prove that increasing testosterone in females does anything re results, there is no harm in trying to create the most anabolic environment possible.

However, really, most of it is in your DIET (I cannot stress that enough)!!!
You also have to take in to consideration if you are on birth control into the puzzle. I also work in the field of hormones and also see young women who are on BC that are enabling them to get the weight off especially in the belly area no matter how hard they try. When messing with tribestan you need to focus on how your cycle starts and take it accordingly. I had a few women take this and did not listen to the direction and they ended up with losing their peroids for a long time..Being depressed for a few weeks because they did not cycle properly. SO when even dealing with natural supplements you still have to know what you are doing or you can end up doing more damage

As a natural health consultant I preach to clients lifestyles, nutrition, exercise, stress management and having a sound mind will over ride any drug out there to some extent. I help people heal by finding the biological imbalance. Once these imbalnaces are found simple using the power of the mind and mother nature does wonders in majority of cases.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You also have to take in to consideration if you are on birth control into the puzzle. I also work in the field of hormones and also see young women who are on BC that are enabling them to get the weight off especially in the belly area no matter how hard they try. When messing with tribestan you need to focus on how your cycle starts and take it accordingly. I had a few women take this and did not listen to the direction and they ended up with losing their peroids for a long time..Being depressed for a few weeks because they did not cycle properly. SO when even dealing with natural supplements you still have to know what you are doing or you can end up doing more damage...
Yes, some testosterone boosters can affect birth control and the menstrual cycle (i.e. anything that contains nettle root, for example). And regardless of what products you use, you should ALWAYS know WHY you're using them (not just to get "faster results", HOW to utilize them effectively and efficiently, and how they could [possibly] affect your body.

Losing "weight in the belly area" is easy enough, and is primarily reliant on diet; don't blame hormones (or something else)!

However, there is no need to cycle such products (this is preference), and it really depends on the individual. Using a testosterone booster is NOT going to cause depression, etc., as you describe, if not cycled.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think I remember Dragonfly using Tribex and liking it.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yes, some testosterone boosters can affect birth control and the menstrual cycle (i.e. anything that contains nettle root, for example). And regardless of what products you use, you should ALWAYS know WHY you're using them (not just to get "faster results", HOW to utilize them effectively and efficiently, and how they could [possibly] affect your body.

Losing "weight in the belly area" is easy enough, and is primarily reliant on diet; don't blame hormones (or something else)!

However, there is no need to cycle such products (this is preference), and it really depends on the individual. Using a testosterone booster is NOT going to cause depression, etc., as you describe, if not cycled.
I usually have women stop 2-3 day before there are do for their peroid just as in precaution then once they stop bleeding continue the dosage. I think this 4-5 days break every 20 some odd days does wonders for women to keep the herb more active.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually have women stop 2-3 day before there are do for their peroid just as in precaution then once they stop bleeding continue the dosage. I think this 4-5 days break every 20 some odd days does wonders for women to keep the herb more active.
That's you. Personally I have never had problems using such products (and getting results), and I use them all the time. As I said, everyone is different. And most females need to have their nutrition and training in place FIRST before using such supplements anyways (since THOSE are their weak areas), instead of looking straight to a supplement to give them "the same results their partner gets".

killfat

killfat

Awards
This may not have any merit, but before I started taking test boosters of any kind, I raised my test level by eating broccoli. Lots of broccoli and I subbed this for other carbs in my diet and w/that raised, I moved to the test booster and had good results. These kinds of things require a lot of time and patience. You're not like a Mogwai, you can't spill water on yourself and watch your body change in seconds.

I

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This may not have any merit, but before I started taking test boosters of any kind, I raised my test level by eating broccoli. Lots of broccoli and I subbed this for other carbs in my diet and w/that raised, I moved to the test booster and had good results. These kinds of things require a lot of time and patience. You're not like a Mogwai, you can't spill water on yourself and watch your body change in seconds.
Yep, doesn't broccoli contain indole-3-carbinol (I3C)? I need to start eating more of it. I've basically cut out veggies. :(