Round belly abs
- 04-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Round belly abs
I have a little round problem- my lower abs. It truly looks like I'm pregnant. My upper abs are defined and showing.
Is there a specific group of ab exercises that I can do tho help strengthen the muscles that hold the stomach in?
What else can help with this?
Thank you again for your advice, especially if anyone has had the same issue.
- 04-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Hanging Leg Raises and Dragon Flags to name a few."I am legally blind and if I can Squat,deadlift and over all get myself to the gym then anyone can get their a$$ in gear and get strong!!" - malleus25
04-25-2009, 05:37 PM
If your lower abs are not defined, but your upper abs are, then you either:
a. Have fat there, which will go with diet;
b. Are bloated a little, which, again, will disappear with eating clean; or
c. You have a weak abdominal wall/transverse abdominus and are not holding it in.
Sounds like c.
Exercises that can help strengthen your abdominal wall are anything that forces you to tighten your core (i.e. squats, deadlifts, etc.). Another exercise that is excellent for this are 'ab vacuums' (i.e. where you either lie or stand, and pull your breath in from your belly up, and try and pull your belly button into the back of your spine, and hold for a few seconds). Planks are also another exercise, but you need to CONSCIOUSLY contract your abs and hold them in
Also, if you walk with good posture, and "hold" your belly in, then this will also strengthen those muscles.
04-25-2009, 07:07 PM
Similar Forum Threads
- By sub001 in forum Weight LossReplies: 26Last Post: 04-17-2010, 01:33 PM
- By Super Tri's in forum SupplementsReplies: 26Last Post: 06-26-2006, 08:49 AM
- By YellowJacket in forum Training ForumReplies: 5Last Post: 01-25-2003, 10:58 PM
- By bigbadboss101 in forum General ChatReplies: 4Last Post: 12-12-2002, 08:41 PM
- By whale in forum Training ForumReplies: 4Last Post: 12-06-2002, 03:02 PM