Round belly abs

EmAzing

EmAzing

Awards
Hello Ladies-
I have a little round problem- my lower abs. It truly looks like I'm pregnant. My upper abs are defined and showing.
Is there a specific group of ab exercises that I can do tho help strengthen the muscles that hold the stomach in?
What else can help with this?

Thank you again for your advice, especially if anyone has had the same issue.

SilentBob187

SilentBob187

Awards
  • Established
Hanging Leg Raises and Dragon Flags to name a few.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hello Ladies-
I have a little round problem- my lower abs. It truly looks like I'm pregnant. My upper abs are defined and showing.
Is there a specific group of ab exercises that I can do tho help strengthen the muscles that hold the stomach in?
What else can help with this?

Thank you again for your advice, especially if anyone has had the same issue.
By your avi, I would say that you do NOT have "round belly abs".

If your lower abs are not defined, but your upper abs are, then you either:
a. Have fat there, which will go with diet;
b. Are bloated a little, which, again, will disappear with eating clean; or
c. You have a weak abdominal wall/transverse abdominus and are not holding it in.

Sounds like c.

Exercises that can help strengthen your abdominal wall are anything that forces you to tighten your core (i.e. squats, deadlifts, etc.). Another exercise that is excellent for this are 'ab vacuums' (i.e. where you either lie or stand, and pull your breath in from your belly up, and try and pull your belly button into the back of your spine, and hold for a few seconds). Planks are also another exercise, but you need to CONSCIOUSLY contract your abs and hold them in

Also, if you walk with good posture, and "hold" your belly in, then this will also strengthen those muscles.

Chub

Chub

Awards
  • Established
Also, if you walk with good posture, and "hold" your belly in, then this will also strengthen those muscles.
I do this one all the time to keep my belly in lol :)