Hip PROBLEMS

potobori

Awards
hey
when i run my hip starts to hurt, it started with shin splints and then continued up the leg. Does anyone know what might help? I have already taken anti inflamatories already but they didn't seem to help all that much. what should i do !

wearedbleedblue

wearedbleedblue

Awards
  • Established
Hip mobility drills...fire hydrants, leg swings, yoga twists, many others that I can't think of the names off the top of my head.

UKStrength

Foam rolling too and massaging your shins will help get blood to the area and relieve the pain.

Do you do any direct training for your shins? If so, drop it for a few days to prevent any further inflammation.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hey
when i run my hip starts to hurt, it started with shin splints and then continued up the leg. Does anyone know what might help? I have already taken anti inflamatories already but they didn't seem to help all that much. what should i do !
Shin splints does NOT cause hip problems. If anything, you have two or more injuries, and they need rehabilitation. Unless you know specifically what they are, then you cannot assess what needs to be done.

However, as mentioned hip mobility exercises, proprioception, stretching, and strengthening exercises for your entire leg - as well as for your lower back (since hip problems can also stem from lower back problems) - may assist in easing the pain and making your hip more functional.

I also recommend getting your pelvis checked out to see if there is a tilt to it, since this can cause hip problems as well.

seamonkeyx662

Awards
Serious stretching! You may also want to look into some kind of joint supplement. My personal fave is Joint Builder by Jarrow.