Lean Xtreme Use by a Woman?

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

Lean Xtreme Use by a Woman?

Hey everyone, I have a friend (wow how many threads start this way) lol, and she is 31. She started lifting about 1.5 years ago, before then always been a "cardio girl."

She splits her legs into 2 workouts a week: quads/glutes then on the other day hams/glutes

Upper body she usually does all in one day, incline bench, dead lift, pull ups, skull crushers/dips and push ups, front and side dbell raises.

BTW so she started to lean out nicely right, and one day all of us were talking at the gym and she says "I'm never doing shoulders again, look I'm geting huge!" Uh I told her no your not, you are just shedding the fat off of your shoulders, you can't GET huge, you are a female. Anyway, Question #1: are there any good articles with scientific information regarding that women can't get huge? (She's a scientist and a director of an engineering group, so she likes documented proof. LOL)

The other days are cardio/ab work. I did her body fat for her when she basically started and she was:

5'4 137 at about 25% +/- .5% bf, now she 5'4 128/29 at 17.5% +/- .5%

She's blessed with vascularity and very good skin (olive toned as well), her glutes are tiny, and the majority of her backside is well "flesh" I guess. This is her complaint to me, it's just not "filling" in. I told her it takes time. She's pretty fortunate with her body, she's getting a very lean look, just her back side is flabby I guess.

Anyway, she came to me asking about running an anti-cort aka Lean Xtreme for 3-4 weeks during a carb cycling period with increased workouts.

I said I know what this does for me, but I'm not sure of the interactions with women, so I told her I'd ask on the forum and see what people say. This is NOT my gf, and I am simply trying to get information for a friend of mine.

Question #2 (main questions I guess): anyone have any ideas if this is a bad thing or not?

I mean she's making great progress but I guess she just is not happy with the back side being so "squishy" - that's the term she used not mine. In addition I've seen her lift (she has had a trainer show her form) and it's impressive; her squats, walking barbell lunges, deads, Romainian DLs look great. I told her building this stuff takes time.

She understood that, but wants to try a cut type of cycle, and tighten up her legs, which I have to admit have some really impressive muscle on them when she wears shorts. Just that I guess what her complaint is the upper body is leaning out nice but her legs are lagging behind on the leaning out part. You can see the muscle, but the legs are still "jiggly" make sense?

Question #3: Are there any articles on the science of how many inches you can build a year, or put on in a year? Or how many workouts = x amount of inches (in a perfect scenario)? I saw a pdf floating around here at some point but doing a search on "muscle building" yieds a large volume of search stuff.

2. NutraPlanet NinjaMonkey Rep
    Stats
    6'0"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

#1: See http://www.appliednutriceuticals.com...ht_lifting.pdf

#2 Should be OK, might not need the full dosage. Also I suggest she look into some HIIT workouts.

#3 There are physical limits to muscle growth; it varies in natural vs. steroid users. It get even more complicated when you factor in the glycogen/water that comes with muscle gain. So you need to define exact what you're measuring, LBM, total body weight, etc.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

Quote Originally Posted by Steveoph View Post
    #1: See http://www.appliednutriceuticals.com...ht_lifting.pdf

#2 Should be OK, might not need the full dosage. Also I suggest she look into some HIIT workouts.

#3 There are physical limits to muscle growth; it varies in natural vs. steroid users. It get even more complicated when you factor in the glycogen/water that comes with muscle gain. So you need to define exact what you're measuring, LBM, total body weight, etc.
    Wow, thanks for the quick reply! I've give you rep points, but uh, you have a google's worth LOL. Seriously thanks I appreciate it. She's a cool girl, and I'll send her the PDF.

I mean I know a few girls that took 6-oxo, and Novadex and to be honest I was impressed with their results. I know Lean Xtreme is no where near the same thing, but girls don't understand testosterone and genetics play a huge roll in building muscle. They just don't naturally produce enough testosteron to get "big."

Thanks again! Happy Easter!
    •   

4. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by sonny4753 View Post
    Question #1: are there any good articles with scientific information regarding that women can't get huge? (She's a scientist and a director of an engineering group, so she likes documented proof. LOL)
    I wrote one not so long ago (it's the PDF Steveoph linked you to), because I was sick of hearing this exact thing from females. There is a thread with it in: Breaking the Myth: "If I lift heavy I'll end up looking like a man". It's all referenced and researched, and you can tell her to give me a PM if she doesn't believe you.

She's blessed with vascularity and very good skin (olive toned as well), her glutes are tiny, and the majority of her backside is well "flesh" I guess. This is her complaint to me, it's just not "filling" in. I told her it takes time. She's pretty fortunate with her body, she's getting a very lean look, just her back side is flabby I guess.
    If that's the case then she needs to build some muscle mass there. Heavy squats (all variations of stance) and deadlifts and lunges will go this for her. Or get her to try stair running; this does wonders for building up the glutes and giving them that high, tight look.

Anyway, she came to me asking about running an anti-cort aka Lean Xtreme for 3-4 weeks during a carb cycling period with increased workouts.

Question #2 (main questions I guess): anyone have any ideas if this is a bad thing or not?
    There is nothing wrong with a female using Lean Xtreme. I have used it myself with some great results (see Rosie's Review of Designer Supplements' Lean Xtreme). However, she really needs to get her DIET targeted right for her goals before adding in supplements to burn fat. Calorie/carbohydrate cycling is an excellent way to do this. She doesn't need to INCREASE her workouts though, unless she just wants to eat the same.

She understood that, but wants to try a cut type of cycle, and tighten up her legs, which I have to admit have some really impressive muscle on them when she wears shorts. Just that I guess what her complaint is the upper body is leaning out nice but her legs are lagging behind on the leaning out part. You can see the muscle, but the legs are still "jiggly" make sense?
    If that's the case then she needs to get her diet sorted. cellulite (I assume that's what you mean by "jiggly") is just excess fat, and can easily be gotten rid of the same way as other bodyfat.

Question #3: Are there any articles on the science of how many inches you can build a year, or put on in a year? Or how many workouts = x amount of inches (in a perfect scenario)? I saw a pdf floating around here at some point but doing a search on "muscle building" yieds a large volume of search stuff.
    How many inches you can gain a year would vary from person to person and too many factors, such as genetics, diet, training, etc. would all play roles in that.

I mean I know a few girls that took 6-oxo, and Novadex and to be honest I was impressed with their results. I know Lean Xtreme is no where near the same thing, but girls don't understand testosterone and genetics play a huge roll in building muscle. They just don't naturally produce enough testosteron to get "big."
    Actually MOST girls (not all) are ignorant on this (and many males as well). And for a female it has been suggested that Testosterone is not actually the determining factor when it comes to muscle mass gains and leanness, but Growth Hormone.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee
  5. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  202 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.52%

Thanks so much for the information, I gave her the lowdown and I think she get's it. She told me "Ok, well I'm taking this all in with little steps." So whatever that means.

She explained to me her routine (I asked her to join AM Forum so I don't have to do this, but I kind of have a crush on her so it's a good way to break the ice lol).

She goes to the gym in the AM, wakes up at 6 AM and downs 1.5 scoops of superpump and drinks Extend throughout her workout or cardio routine. She explained that she doesn't have the time to get good complex carbs in then wait an hour then lift, as I told her that would be the optimal thing. She hits the gym 6 days a week btw. She is not the kind of girl who will lift at night, she told me that.

Post workout on lifting days she takes 2 scoops on ON post recovery chocolate shake. On cardio days she just takes two scoops on ON vanilla whey with water. I explained that her recovery would benefit from ceatine, so I added a thing of NOW Creatine mono for her on my nutraplanet order.

After that her breakfast consists of whole wheat wrap, cashew butter and a bananna.

I don't know the rest of her diet, but from hanging out with her it's relatively decent. Her only complaint is she desires "sweets" or "snack food" in the evening after dinner and has asked me what do I do. I tell her I eat cottage cheese, flax seed oil and blueberries but that is disgusting to her. So any good suggestions on that one from a female point of view?

I didn't have an answer to her question after that. LOL
  6. The Female Terminator
    Stats
    5'1"  120 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    53.42%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Thanks so much for the information, I gave her the lowdown and I think she get's it. She told me "Ok, well I'm taking this all in with little steps." So whatever that means.
    Means that she's changing one thing at a time, and not trying to do it all at once. Which is the best way to be successful.

She explained to me her routine (I asked her to join AM Forum so I don't have to do this, but I kind of have a crush on her so it's a good way to break the ice lol).

She goes to the gym in the AM, wakes up at 6 AM and downs 1.5 scoops of superpump and drinks Extend throughout her workout or cardio routine. She explained that she doesn't have the time to get good complex carbs in then wait an hour then lift, as I told her that would be the optimal thing. She hits the gym 6 days a week btw. She is not the kind of girl who will lift at night, she told me that.
    She doesn't need to get complex carbohydrates in pre-resistance trainng; as long as her post-resistance nutrition is spot on. And she doesn't need to lift 6 days a week; that's overkill. Depending on her training history, 3-4 days is ENOUGH.

I would suggest that you tell her to start doing some personal research of her own re nutrition, supplementation, and training. Instead of asking everyone what to do, take some time out to look at what's available/out there.

Post workout on lifting days she takes 2 scoops on ON post recovery chocolate shake. On cardio days she just takes two scoops on ON vanilla whey with water. I explained that her recovery would benefit from ceatine, so I added a thing of NOW Creatine mono for her on my nutraplanet order.
    She would definitely benefit from creatine. And only having a protein shake after training is NOT enough and INAdequate nutrition.

After that her breakfast consists of whole wheat wrap, cashew butter and a bananna.
    Not enough for breakfast. Her nutrition is lacking. Tell her to look through some of the diet tips (post #4 at New to forum, need advice....trying to lose weight...), and seriously get her diet sorted out.

I don't know the rest of her diet, but from hanging out with her it's relatively decent. Her only complaint is she desires "sweets" or "snack food" in the evening after dinner and has asked me what do I do. I tell her I eat cottage cheese, flax seed oil and blueberries but that is disgusting to her. So any good suggestions on that one from a female point of view?
    Well, your suggestion was fine. Tell her to have a green tea or something. If she's eating enough she won't need a snack in the evening. There is no "female point of view"; if she's hungry then it's her body telling her that's she's not eating ENOUGH. If she IS eating enough, then she can do several things, including drinking a glass of water (since water makes you feel 'full'), have a piece of fruit (especially if she wants sweet things), have some fats (i.e. nuts, as they are filling), or do something else to take her mind off it.
    Contact Me for INDIVIDUALIZED TRAINING AND NUTRITION

"Think like a Champion. Train like a Warrior. Live with a Purpose." - Rosie Chee

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-11-2011, 12:25 AM
  2. Lean Xtreme okay for woman?
    By glsa17 in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 07:49 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 05:27 AM
  4. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-26-2008, 12:31 PM
  5. Replies: 5